Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If someone misses the deadline then the captain can give them build orders.

yar
- 5 (83.3%)
nay
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: TicTacFury  (Read 13215 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
TicTacFury
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:18 pm »

Eons past, in an age long forgotten, a kingdom prospered.
Xion. The mighty Xians built their prosperity by the sweat of their brows and the strikes of their picks. Their empire stretched over the earth, bringing prosperity to all...
Until a fell darkness was draped over the land, drowning it in shadow. The Ooblites, an army a thousand strong, marched on Xion. They peaceful Xians were introduced to the cold bite of steel, the terror of siege. The Ooblites spread through the land, subjugating all in their path, until all Xion was laid low under their iron fist.
A paltry few Xian villages lay in the Hills Of Stone, far from prying Ooblite eyes. A small militia formed there, policing and waiting. A general was raised, by the name of General Filiusenox The Mighty, who saw the oppression of his fellow Xians...
This is his story.

RULES

There will be a General - probably whoever signs up first. The general can be switched out if he has other commitments or whatnot. The general will move up to 5 units a turn and control most decisions of the Xians (the general can be overthrown by majority vote if he's being a jerk).
Units will be controlled by the General or by the Players. Players can join freely at any time, though they will not necessarily be controlling a unit at all times. As stated, the General can only control 5 units at a time, so any extra units must be controlled by Players or will merely stand in place quietly blubbering to themselves. Player-controlled units will have double attack and armor, and maybe other bonuses. The Players can only control one unit each, excepting the General. The General gives units to players; if there are 3+ inactive units, they can be claimed freely.

General Movement
Each turn, each player will post here what their unit(s) will do. Units can either move or build. A unit cannot move the turn it is created. You start with 1000 resources.
The Fuse ability works like regular Tic-Tac-Toe: Get X (usually 3, specified by Fuse(x) ) of that unit in a row, and it can spend one turn to Fuse into a stronger unit. Two of the three players must state: "I relinquish control of Urist McUnit to fusion"; the third will control the resulting unit.

Combat
When a player enters the same square as an enemy, combat is initiated. Each turn, the unit can attack (use an attack ability) or attempt to flee. Combat and normal movement are seperate; you cannot build or move while in combat, and you (obviously) can't attack or flee if there's nothing to attack or flee from.

UNITS
Captain McPlayerName
100 hp
100 mana
10 armor
100 xp to level to General
Abilities:
Stab - 15 damage
Slash - 30 damage, 30 mana
Regenerates 10 mana per turn
Builds Barracks, Farm, Watchtower
Notes:
When the Captain dies, an Xian Footsoldier can be upgraded to a Captain after 2 turns of not having a Captain. The Captain's death has no effect on the General's decision-making.
Description:
Represented by a blue X. The Captain is a man with a mission: To overthrow the hated Ooblites and reclaim Xion for his people. Armed with a fine sword and clad in bronze armor, he is by far the mightiest of his clan.

Footsoldier
30 hp
20 mana
3 armor
10 xp to level to Archer, Wrestler, Swordsman, Axeman, Spearman, Acolyte
Abilities:
Punch - 5 damage
Fuse(3) - Soldier Of The Cross
Builds Farm
Description:
The Footsoldier is a grunt, a redshirt, an expendable, represented only by a black X. Clad in simple leather armor and wielding nothing but his fists, his only use is to level up.

BUILDINGS

Settlement - 500 hp
Upgrades:
Copper - 1500 resources

Farm - 20 hp
50 resources
Produces 10 resources per turn.

Barracks - 40 hp
150 resources
Trains Footsoldier (50)

Watchtower - 20 hp
50 resources
Does nothing... yet. ;)

Oh, and by the way, I think of Xion as pronounced "Zion", and Xian as pronounced "Ecks-ian", like Mongolian or Indian. But think of it however you like.

Players:
Filiusenox(General)
Inteuniso(Footsoldier)
Nirur Torir(Footsoldier)
Cheeetar(Footsoldier)
RAM(Footsoldier)
Nevyn
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:32:39 pm by Cheddarius »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: TicTacFury
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »

Ill join as general
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »

Captain McPlayerName

Totally one of these guys.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:24:41 pm »

Er, sorry, there's only one Captain unit, Captain Filiusenox, and he is under the control of the General, who at this moment is filiusenox.
You guys can duke it out over who wants to be General more or something
Also, Fili, do you want your guy to be named Captain Filiusenox, or Captain Fili or Captain Urist or something?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:34:23 pm »

I build another Farm.
and Capt. Filurist will do.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 08:37:42 pm »

I haven't set the thing up yet...
Do you guys want me to make this in MS Paint or OpenOffice's version of Powerpoint? Or something else?

Anyway you start out next to your settlement, so you would build a farm and then move forward or something. Because like I said, showing someone standing on a building is tricky.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 08:41:21 pm »

Oh sorry.Yes move me foward a bit.Sorry about posting to fast.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »

Do you guys want me to make this in MS Paint or OpenOffice's version of Powerpoint? Or something else?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 09:11:19 pm »

I am signing up on the waiting list for a redshirt.

Whichever is easier.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 09:15:26 pm »

Hmm, I guess the easiest thing would be to powerpoint it and port each image into Paint for the image.

Right, so Nirur Torir, you're now a player. Fili will assign you a character, since he's the general, once he cranks some out from the Barracks.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 10:33:18 pm »

F = Farm
S = Settlement
X = Captain Filurist
? = ???

Resources: 950

Do you guys want story? Here's some:

Captain Filurist struck the earth, turning up the hard earth to build a farm. He scattered some seeds into the new furrows, then sat down for a rest. Looking off into the distance, he saw some figures. Curiosity overtook him, and he began the long trek to them.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 10:57:16 pm »

Something unrelated:
I wish BLAKJERGEWA
Also, I wish you wouldn't cheat. Modifying your wishes until they're foolproof just makes the game no fun.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 08:16:47 pm »

I stop walking toward the figures and instead go south from my immedite sqaure and build a barracks.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 08:58:09 pm »

Do you mean build a barracks and then go south?
Remember, you build then move to get off the building square.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 09:17:32 pm »

I'll be a redshirt when one is available.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21