Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 33021 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 2 - Vote Phase
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2010, 07:50:17 pm »

Looking back at Day 1, I'm leaning towards SirBayer.

Most of the Day, he had no interactions with Toonyman. Then as the pressure on Toony builds, he says this:
That's passive aggression SirBayer.
Which isn't really much. Toony follows it with:
SirBayer always does that stuff, I'm just helping him realize it himself.

ie Null Tell
Toony goes out of his way to call what Bayer is doing a "null tell." It is my guess that Toony faked this interaction. He is both defending and attacking Bayer.

Add this to Bayer's lack of scumhunting and general defensiveness and I think we have scum number 2.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:10 pm »

I looked over the interactions and think that JTF, Leafsnail, eduren, Pandarsenic, and myself are pretty much cleared (through a combination of meta, in-game behavior, and interactions with ToonyMan).  That leaves Bayer and Solifuge.  I'm not sure about Solifuge, but given Bayer's general behavior I'm thinking he's the right lynch--especially given Eduren's argumentation, which seems solid and which I will not repeat here.

I believe that ToonyMan was buddying Pandarsenic, rather than shielding a scumbuddy, and JTF has either completely revolutionized his meta or is in fact town.

I am especially concerned with this...

ie Null Tell

Well, anyway.  Lynch SirBayer.  He's the other scumbucket.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:08 am »

We're at 7p with 2 mislynches left.  I'm going to suggest that we consider Pandarsenic cleared for today given that commentary and lynch him tomorrow (no matter what) if we don't find scum today.

He's either cleared by that post or damned by it.  I can easily see a Scumdarsenic posting something exactly like that.  However, he's not the scummiest yet, we can wait until tomorrow to lynch him if need be.

I am especially concerned with this...

ie Null Tell

I'm a little more concerned that Eduren posted almost the exact same thing about 2.5 hours before you.  It looks like the voteless analog to a bandwagon...  Care to explain?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2010, 11:57:50 am »

Yeah.  He went through the posts before I had time to, and we picked up on the same thing.  Dunno--I pretty much went "Okay, where are Toony's interactions, and who is likely to be cleared?  Given who is cleared, who looks like scum?  Righto, it's SirBayer."  Probably should have worked harder to provide new evidence or something, but when there's a particularly damning quotation, I should hope that everyone picks up on it.

And no, I think Pandarsenic is town.  ToonyMan's buddying patterns and generalized playstyle say that Pandarsenic should be town, even if Toony were his partner.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2010, 12:06:51 pm »

And no, I think Pandarsenic is town.  ToonyMan's buddying patterns and generalized playstyle say that Pandarsenic should be town, even if Toony were his partner.
Wait, what? If Toony were his partner then he couldn't be town.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2010, 12:11:51 pm »

Wait, what? If Toony were his partner then he couldn't be town.

*facepalm*

Sorry.  That was really dumb.  I'll try again: looking between the possibilities of "shielding" and "buddying," that style of shielding does not work given ToonyMan's meta (whereas that definitely looked like bonafide ToonyMan buddying).

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2010, 01:01:43 pm »

@Janus and Solifuge: I see the lack of humor springs eternal.

Panda, why are you thinking you're suspicious? You've... been doing the things you're supposed to be doing. As a matter of fact, you've been perfectly good town. And now you think you're suspicious?

Has anyone even accused you of anything? If so, where? It's possible I missed it, but I don't think I did. If you're unsuspicious and worried about being suspicious then you have a reason to think you'd be suspicious.

Correct?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2010, 01:10:32 pm »

Panda, why are you thinking you're suspicious? You've... been doing the things you're supposed to be doing. As a matter of fact, you've been perfectly good town. And now you think you're suspicious?

Has anyone even accused you of anything? If so, where? It's possible I missed it, but I don't think I did. If you're unsuspicious and worried about being suspicious then you have a reason to think you'd be suspicious.

Correct?

Buddying.  Mentality-flopping.  Failure to pay even a modicum of attention.  Ignoring attacks.

You are scum.  Prepare to hang.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2010, 01:35:08 pm »

Correct?

Buddying.  Mentality-flopping.  Failure to pay even a modicum of attention.  Ignoring attacks.

You are scum.  Prepare to hang.

1. Buddying? I'm attacking him.

2. Mentality-flopping? Super confused here.

3. I'm sorry that I'm busy and yet still trying to participate.

4. See 3.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2010, 01:36:24 pm »

You start off with "you've been perfectly good town" and move on moments later to "but you must be scum."

A hint: Pandar was nearly lynched yesterday.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »

You start off with "you've been perfectly good town" and move on moments later to "but you must be scum."

A hint: Pandar was nearly lynched yesterday.

1. The first point is integral to the rest.

2. Bullshit! You were queen, and you say RIGHT IN THE POST that Panda is probably town.

All right.  Sorry I've been gone so long, dudes.

Reads:

Pandarsenic is very likely town.

Looking back, I see that other people were suspicious - but people don't seem so eager to eliminate him today.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2010, 01:41:49 pm »

Yeah.  We were suspicious.  Then things happened and we became less suspicious.  Then things happened and we became more suspicious of you.

That is kind of how these things work, doodabuddy.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2010, 01:43:21 pm »

Yeah.  We were suspicious.  Then things happened and we became less suspicious.  Then things happened and we became more suspicious of you.

That is kind of how these things work, doodabuddy.

Dropping point 1 then, along with the other points you've dropped?
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:01 pm »

You're still on, Vector. Don't back down so quickly.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2010, 01:52:59 pm »

You're still on, Vector. Don't back down so quickly.

I'm bloody exhausted and don't really feel like arguing down hapless scum right now.  I'm going to finish working through pages 4-5 of my Valentine's gift1 and then get back to you, okay?

1Abstract algebra problem set--posted on Valentine's Day, the bastard T_T

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26