Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Prisoners  (Read 3590 times)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
Prisoners
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:08:23 pm »

So, here`s the deal.

I have a lot of prisoners, both human and goblins, a Titan and some random critters (and a kobold...) so the question is:
What can I do with them?
I have heard of people getting prisoners to be part of their society, but I dunno how.

I suppose I could make an arena and make them fight it off.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoners
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:22:34 pm »

I would build a big pit and make them fight to the death. Then let the winner/s fight your squad of legendary wrestlers.
:D
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 02:23:26 pm »

If you've got HFS, send em to the funhouse.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »

If you've got HFS, send em to the funhouse.
i modded my fun house to spawn a "Meanmelter", took exactly 7 Bastille arrows to get 'em.
Is their a way to make a creature spawn on the map wearing armor, and stuff like that?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 07:03:53 am »

No, but there is something similar.

You can mod a creature to drop a specific loot when killed, like corpse when butchered.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:19:30 am »

Making a creature part of your society requires you to use Dwarf Companion to edit the creature's civilization and maybe some of its other status flags.  It doesn't always work, and even when it works there are some odd bugs with creatures that are members of your civilization but not members of your species in DF.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:03 am »

You have a TITAN. I think having it kill everything else is required.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:22:06 am »

So, here`s the deal.

I have a lot of prisoners, both human and goblins, a Titan and some random critters (and a kobold...) so the question is:
What can I do with them?
I have heard of people getting prisoners to be part of their society, but I dunno how.

I suppose I could make an arena and make them fight it off.

I use them as target practice for my Marksdwarves. Just put all their cages in one big room, build a 1-wide moat dividing the cage area and a 2-wide place for your marksdwarves, hook all the cages up to a single lever outside the room, seal the room, station your Marksdwarves on their side, pop open the cages, and let them go wild.

Oh, remember to disarm them before you do this, though.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 12:35:50 pm »

I do something pretty similar, but then with a big room with several restraints.
I place a a single goblin on a restraint (preferring the ones with the fewest litter surrounding them) and then send the execution squad.
If that isn't enough, I forbid their body parts, so that I can have a room piled with the remains of dead goblins, making it a hell of an execution for the future goblins.

Optional; Paint the walls blood red.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 05:33:33 pm »

Is there a way to see Legends without abandoning my fortress first?
I have to check if there`s more titans out there.

Inkster

• Bay Watcher
  • Lost in time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »

I like making towers to drop them off of, though this doesn't exactly work for all creatures.

One time, I captured a titan. Since you can't have dwarfs lead it up a tower to fling to it's doom without escaping, I built a platform. I linked it to fall when a support was destroyed. When I finally pulled the lever, the cage fell to the ground, punched through 4 z-levels of my fortress, and ended up in my dining hall.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 07:41:13 am »

Is there a way to see Legends without abandoning my fortress first?
I have to check if there`s more titans out there.

Copy your region data to a new folder, load up the game in that second folder, abandon there, and check the legends.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 05:20:32 pm »

Look in the raws for whatever creature you want to tame (*cough* TITAN *cough*) and add [PET_EXOTIC] and some minor stuff like [PET_VALUE:OVER9000] or so. Check the wiki on that, I don't want you to break the raws because I forgot something ;). From then on, your dungeon master can tame that creature the same way you'd tame others. IIRC, there is also a tag to make them Hunting ... or War ..., like dogs.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 06:01:42 pm »

Your own personal war titan...The idea sounds promising.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »

Your own personal war titan...The idea sounds promising.
Sad Sad Sad, why a war Titan when you can have something epic like, a hunting spirit of fire, or a war elephant? War Fluffy Wamblers of pwning?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: [1] 2 3