Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Canine Hero  (Read 2635 times)

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
  • Liberal Crime Squad Strikes!
    • View Profile
Canine Hero
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »

Have been trying all kinds of ways to get a Canine Hero. So far as I know, this version still allows it, but I have been unsuccessful in the following ways to dognap a Guard Dog:

-beating up said dog to the point where it stops attacking (too dangerous to dognap)
-shooting/burning/bludgeoning/stabbing until it stops attacking (too dangerous to dognap)
-tried talking to it (no surprise here: it barks at me.)

How is this done then?
Fan of the "Swords Only LCS"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Canine Hero
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »

IIRC, you play music at it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:18:14 pm »

You'll want to make sure the animal rights issue is L+, as recruiting animals is disabled at C+ to L on that issue.

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:19:17 pm »

IIRC, you play music at it.

Tried this strategy, and received a response that the Guard Dog was immune to the attack.
(This was done using a person with a 13 skill in Music, and 14 Heart)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 05:23:08 pm »

you must have L+ animal rights, or it doesn't work. and btw, canine hero's are amazing.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 05:32:39 pm »

You can datenap it at L+... I think?  Or maybe you had to beat it senseless before kidnapping it.

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 06:21:26 pm »

you must have L+ animal rights, or it doesn't work. and btw, canine hero's are amazing.

After beating Nightmare Mode, Strong CCS Mode, etc...I've been experimenting with various builds that have been a mix of successful, and horrible defeats.

- "Give Peace A Chance" - No kills - Failed (although better use of sleepers and moving around make this more likely, I must try again.)

- "Swords Only Revolution" - Successful many times over

- "Liberal Canine Crime Squad" - What I am hoping to accomplish next...I may have to mod it so canine heroes may be gotten at all levels of Animal Rights.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 07:34:35 pm »

There's a bug that sometimes causes congress to vote in L+ animal rights from C+.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »

Wasn't that fixed in the batch of 4.01 releases?

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:18 am »

- "Swords Only Revolution" - Successful many times over

- "Liberal Canine Crime Squad" - What I am hoping to accomplish next...I may have to mod it so canine heroes may be gotten at all levels of Animal Rights.

This is my goal for my next game. LCS = Liberal Canine Squad! Cool. Rules: You have x years gametime to get animal rights to L+, so you can recruit some Canine Heroes. After that, all humans must quit the LCS or commit suicide. Your eventual goal is to have squads and squads of canine tailors, canine musicians,  swordsdogs, dog-fu fighters, m4-toting dogs, etc.

BTW, what is so awesome about canine heroes? They have good agility and stats, but is that all?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 04:24:51 pm »

Yeah, they have low cha, but great health agility and heart if you play guitars at them, which mean they own with like guns.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:55 pm »

That's their only good point? Good with guns? hmmm.... doesn't sound as amazing as some people made it sound. They'll be a bit hard to train to since they start with no skill in any weapons.
So, that's the Canine Hero strategy? Dogs armed with assault rifles?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 07:01:53 pm »

I think the entire point of the canine hero strategy is to be amazing because your squad is full of dogs. Woof.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 11:03:51 am »

So, has anyone managed to get a full squad of canines, and how did they manage to do so? I keep failing in my attempts to assemble such a squad. Boo.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 10:30:21 pm »

I once had a warped bear with an AK on my squad. He left alongside three quaters of my miniarmy when my leader got killed.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: [1] 2