Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Making another creature playable  (Read 2805 times)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Making another creature playable
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:27:50 am »

How do I go about making a different creature (other than the default three) playable in adventure mode? Say, for example, that I want to play as a bronze colossus or a demon or a unicorn or whatever. How do I make that happen?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
Re: Making another creature playable
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:36:55 am »

Hmm. I was JUST thinking of this idea myself. I'm very interested in this as well. Would be fun to wreak havoc as a dragon.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 05:26:58 am »

Well, I know it's possible. I did it once before, and I think there was a how-to on the wiki, but I completely forgot how to do it and I can't find the wiki article anymore.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:40:58 am »

"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:52:16 pm »

Hmm, Arachnids have [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTS], what does that tag do?
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »

[ADVENTURE_TIER:4]
Adding that to Goblins or Kobolds entity makes them playable in adventurer (increase the number for each successive race) however I think this make may make them less hostile in Fortress mode.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:53 pm »

Hmm, Arachnids have [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTS], what does that tag do?

It's an old tag, apparently, that no longer means anything, since settling places are now determined by biomes.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:16:53 pm »

[ENTITY:TENT_HFS]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:TENTACLE_DEMON]
   [trANSLATION:GOBLIN]

Build from there; add to either the main Entity file or make a new one.  This will add whatever the [CREATURE:] is as a "Play Now!".  Because you start naked, it's usually best to sue this with a strong creature mostly for messing about.

Adding
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:]
To the Goblins or Kobolds (Or any custom race) with a sequential number of some sort (4, 5, 6, etc; Humans, Dwarves, and Elves are 1, 2, and 3).  This adds them to the list of civilizations you can pick from, in order from 1st downward.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 08:27:14 pm »

[ENTITY:TENT_HFS]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:TENTACLE_DEMON]
   [trANSLATION:GOBLIN]

Build from there; add to either the main Entity file or make a new one.  This will add whatever the [CREATURE:] is as a "Play Now!".  Because you start naked, it's usually best to sue this with a strong creature mostly for messing about.

Adding
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:]
To the Goblins or Kobolds (Or any custom race) with a sequential number of some sort (4, 5, 6, etc; Humans, Dwarves, and Elves are 1, 2, and 3).  This adds them to the list of civilizations you can pick from, in order from 1st downward.

Hmm, I've been messing around with it for a bit. I got goblins to play as another civ, but not the dragon I've been wanting. So to get that dragon playable, what are the base specifics like you put with that tentacle demon, or where can I find it? Further, do I have to make a new file and put the creature's specifics in there? I wouldn't assume so since the creature is already "built."

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 10:16:39 am »

Thanks for the responses, everyone. All shall now fear Pwnzerfaust, mighty bronze colossus of doom. Etc.

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 11:53:12 am »

SoF are FUN! You have to see it to belive it, you can kill people by standing next to them, and you can boil the ocean and FLY! :o :o :o
It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 07:50:21 am »

until when a child rips your leg off(COMMON) , panzerfaust

also , the adults suck , their children , for some reason , rapes bronze colossuses and dragons(ADV mod only , they are weaklings in fortress mode) single handedly
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:53:25 am by Ze Spy »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:39:49 pm »

until when a child rips your leg off(COMMON) , panzerfaust

also , the adults suck , their children , for some reason , rapes bronze colossuses and dragons(ADV mod only , they are weaklings in fortress mode) single handedly

Family = 2 parents + many children.

1 adult > 1 children
BUT:
Many children >>>>> any adult/creature/beast.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 07:59:14 am »

Kids are hard to fight no matter what.  They bog you down and that slows you up too much.

Also, be careful: no matter how powerful you are, a jump of like 2 stories can potentially kill you.  I know, I once had a very multilegendary Human, decided "You know, I don't want to climb down this tower the right way... it's only 2 stories!"  Well, apparently my legs were driven up into my brain or something, 'cause I died on impact.  That can potentially get worse with megabeasts like SoF and Colossi.  They shatter instead of break.

Also, you know what I just thought?  I wonder if the new random Titans and Forgotten Beasts will be able to be playable, and if they'll still be random if you do so...  things could prove quite interesting.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 08:34:13 am »

Well if your traits are atleast tough, you can survive multipule 2-3 level falls....i had a dwarf who scaled a mountain all the way to the peak, and i couldnt be bothered going back (he was a new character you see) so i just jumped off the edge fell 2 stories....pretty bad injuries, couldnt stand was one of them, so i crawled to the edge again and threw myself off another 2 times before passing out from pain, i regained consciesness and quickly jumped again but fell into a chasm.....a facepalm moment i can tell you for sure  :P
Pages: [1] 2