Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Rotten remains of creature that shouldn't be there  (Read 658 times)

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
[40d] Rotten remains of creature that shouldn't be there
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:28:28 pm »

OK, basically, I've set up a fort on a mountain range in the middle of a massive continent. I've dug down to discover the magma pipe, bottomless pit and underground river that where in the area I'd embarked on. Looking around for any exposed hematite or other iron ores, I was hunting around the bottomless pit and saw some miasma. Out of curiosity, I checked to see what the two rotting remains were. The first, and the one causing miasma, was some bat remains. Pretty normal. The second one, however, was "Rotten bluefish chunk"...this chunk of an ocean fish (I've never embarked on a beach or whatever and had to look it up in the raws) somehow appeared out of thin air halfway down a bottomless pit in a fort that is nowhere near the ocean ???

I'm used to seeing bat remains and mole dog remains and stuff rotting away in a bottomless pit, but I've never seen anything like this in a pit before...

Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Rotten remains of creature that shouldn't be there
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:36:38 am »

Have you ever used mods on that save or DF install?

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:42:36 am »

Yeah, they can do some cooky stuff if you don't clean up right.  I hade cave fish silk and boiling clouds of leather that froze people to death.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:17:57 am »

I once had merpeople become horrible, vengeful megabeasts.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.