Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Let's Play Aurora: Terran Crusade  (Read 12026 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Aurora: Terran Crusade
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 10:24:17 am »

May i suggest some non greek, roman or norse names?
How about we name our colonies after ancient cities with a "new" prefix and name the ships that get used there after the patron deity of that city? So a mining colony named New Ur gets a brand of freighter named Nanna and a shipyard on New Babylon may be our main source of Marduk class anything.

And if we ever get a new terraformer, i vote we name it Ki or Ninhursag.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 11:05:55 am »

The most common names for Terraformers seem to be Gaia and Genesis, while your idea has merrit, it will quickly become difficult to remember which class does what, so I think the whole demigod naming system works fine for now. May I suggest naming Terraformers after the Harvest god Ceres?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »

Because Armok Mk. 9001 sounds less imposing then just Armok.

But then we can say his power level is OVER 9000!!!1!!!one!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2010, 05:39:55 am »

Bamp.

I checked this game out. Would have been happy to learn it but alas a 1024x768 resolution makes it unplayable.  If anything, the developer came across as being a bit self-centred in the posts on this topic.

We need to clone Toady, and transplant the clone brain into this developer's head.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2010, 06:26:18 am »

And a pair of super battleships capable of cracking a planet like an egg named Thor and Mjolnir.

No - Thor should be the name of the ship, and Mjollnir the planet-decimating missile carried onboard.

No yet again. It's fucking spelled Mjǫllnir.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2010, 06:52:49 am »

Ajax for a battleship name.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »

And a pair of super battleships capable of cracking a planet like an egg named Thor and Mjolnir.

No - Thor should be the name of the ship, and Mjollnir the planet-decimating missile carried onboard.

Nitpicking on the spelling of centuries old names from another language is silly; there are several ways to spell it and it can be pretty arbitrary when scholars choose which one to use.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 12:46:22 am »

Taking my turn on the /v/ DF thread now, updating this week. hurr durr, busy life.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 04:53:14 am »

Nitpicking on the spelling of centuries old names from another language is silly; there are several ways to spell it and it can be pretty arbitrary when scholars choose which one to use.

It's Mjölnir in Icelandic, if that helps.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 05:16:52 am »

Or, let's spell it Mjølnir. Slashed os are awesome.
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 05:28:43 am »

Actually, ø just reminds me of danish and therefore of lameness. No offense to the danish, but mandatory classes in a language I'll never even use aren't much fun :-\
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 07:22:09 am »

Actually, ø just reminds me of danish and therefore of lameness. No offense to the danish, but mandatory classes in a language I'll never even use aren't much fun :-\

It's also Norwegian, and nobody can help you if you find those guys lame.
Also, Vikings. Fucking VIKINGS.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 06:39:05 pm »

is this dead now? :(
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 07:02:29 pm »

It's on hiatus because I'm swamped with work after coming back from vacation and I've been doing the /v/ fortress succession game (barely have time for that)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]