Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44328 times)

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Signups
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 12:28:37 am »

Count me in as a contestant. I'm kinda bummed I can't add in my custom megabeasts but meh, whatever.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:00 am »

I think first out of the chute, we should keep the game as vanilla as possible (especially as we don't know the full impact of doing that), but I'll consider permitting that for future challenges.
I think you're right on here, but I have some thoughts in a similar vein.  I got halfway through the last DFM before I realized that I savescum habitually, almost without thinking some times, and that it may therefore be less than fair for me to enter a competition (even one as informal and inconsequential as this).  But I don't really enjoy playing without savescumming--otherwise I'd get too frustrated with the clunkier aspects of the interface and dwarven AI.  So how about I play as I would normally for this challenge and upload a save with a big * next to it?

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 05:14:34 am »

Count me in as a contestant. My dwarves will probably die off in the first few weeks from shock of the new undergrounds, but i'll do my best.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 12:43:13 pm »

Count me in as a player. It would be much if I manage not to screw up everything, but hell, that's the fun!  ;D

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 02:08:41 pm »

I'll be a judge.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 03:09:12 pm »

I'll play.

What could possibly go wrong?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:59 pm »

I'll play, but probably won't be trying to get uberpoints so much as having fun poking around in the new version and following others' findings here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 04:13:50 pm »

Yea, I'm not really in for the uberpoints either, just for the sheer fun of it. :)

It'll be a cool medium to do the story based report of exploring the caverns that I've been thinking of doing and all. Especially now that we will know alot more about our dwarves, enabling us to put more character into them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:38 pm »

Trailblazer!!

Count me in as a player.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 06:55:03 am »

Count me in! I stopped playing DF for a while with the excuse that I was waiting for the new version to come out, and so dropped out of DFM2. I'd better play in this one, then.
Also, question: Do the judges accept... Presents?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:P
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 10:58:28 am »

Hey Martin, may want to get the rules and other stuff set up ASAP since you pretty much said you wanted to hit the ground running I think.

Plus Toady is going into the final testing phase, so the release is a few weeks away.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 11:09:13 am »

Hey Martin, may want to get the rules and other stuff set up ASAP since you pretty much said you wanted to hit the ground running I think.

Plus Toady is going into the final testing phase, so the release is a few weeks away.
you jinxed it. now he will run into a massive bug that will take years to fix.

I hope you're happy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 11:14:08 am »

you jinxed it. now he will run into a massive bug that will take years to fix.

I hope you're happy.

No, he'll just savescum :)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 02:32:03 pm »

Toady can savescum reality as we know it?

is he a deep one? he's a deep one, isn't he?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 06:34:37 pm »

huh, funny thing, I've only ever got to year 6, and that's with a version I know, I'm in as a player, maybe I'll finally survive and resist opening the HFS before year 3 lol.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43