Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44312 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13
« Reply #630 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:28 pm »

ya... my bloody computer's built in virus scanner decided that everytime DF crashes it's a virus and delete's it.... I sent it to a friend of mine to fix it, but he hasn't managed to figure it out yet, so I'm stuck on my crappy laptop.  Sorry, to bad about lack of competitors.
Nom nom nom

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2010, 01:55:12 am »

I got a case of SummerJobitis which causes me to wake up at ungodly hours and yet does not let me play DF.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2010, 11:18:40 am »

"Hey There Delilah" popped up on my Pandora feed and I replaced "Delilah" with "DFM3" and it still seemed to fit. :P

So what's the final verdict Martin? I had a weird dream last night that a bunch of people came out of the woodwork to turn in submissions. At this point, however, a week removed from the extended deadline, I'm inclined to say that this DFM contest was a bust. Two people made it all eight years. I think that's more resilience and a penchant to never say die than an indication of mastery.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:53 am »

I won't be able to judge.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2010, 07:48:31 pm »

I'm calling it. Martin is mysteriously quiet and the extended deadline was two weeks ago and since then not a single person has piped up to say that they've finished. DF2010 has been out for three months now with half of that being the merge version for our Linux/Max brothers. Should give it a few more months and then retry. Maybe in October after school is in full swing but before the holidays.

Winners: None. Two people finished. Not enough to call a true winner.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 28, 2010, 03:11:29 am »

I'm calling it. Martin is mysteriously quiet and the extended deadline was two weeks ago and since then not a single person has piped up to say that they've finished. DF2010 has been out for three months now with half of that being the merge version for our Linux/Max brothers. Should give it a few more months and then retry. Maybe in October after school is in full swing but before the holidays.

Also known as tie.

But yeah, I'm kinda surprised how Martin just suddenly disappeared. Retry could be good idea later.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 28, 2010, 07:56:09 am »

Too long, too buggy, too FPS-killer, so I chose to drop out a while back.
If we start a new one with a shorter length in time and a smaller embark region (something like 3x3, with only one UG level and no *spoiler* could be FPS-friendly for everyone) I should reconsider my "full" participation.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 28, 2010, 06:41:44 pm »

Also known as tie.

But yeah, I'm kinda surprised how Martin just suddenly disappeared. Retry could be good idea later.
if we retry, there should be a challenge involved too, cause the whole, "The challenge is to learn the new features of this version" no longer works...
Nom nom nom

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 07, 2010, 06:51:58 am »

ok, i'm finally released from the hospital, i was reenacting DF with it's infected wounds ... anyway, i believe this is over?
Martin?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 15, 2010, 04:23:26 pm »

Too long, too buggy, too FPS-killer, so I chose to drop out a while back.
If we start a new one with a shorter length in time and a smaller embark region (something like 3x3, with only one UG level and no *spoiler* could be FPS-friendly for everyone) I should reconsider my "full" participation.

Pretty much the same here, with my uselessly weak computer becoming even more useless as time passes. It's hard to enjoy a challenge when your dwarf years take so long to pass...
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]