Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44363 times)

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin Again! Map 2 Now Posted!
« Reply #510 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:18 am »

I have a FB made of Tigereye (and hence, unkillable) wandering around the first cavern so I'm setting up an elaborate trap that will hopefully knock him down into the second cavern and out of my way. Key word being hopefully.

Wish Toady had just implemented the Undead fix to everything. I understand what he was going for with the new damage system but it broke half the game.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 26, 2010, 11:33:43 am »

I have a FB made of Tigereye (and hence, unkillable) wandering around the first cavern so I'm setting up an elaborate trap that will hopefully knock him down into the second cavern and out of my way. Key word being hopefully.

Wish Toady had just implemented the Undead fix to everything. I understand what he was going for with the new damage system but it broke half the game.

That's the reason I'm avoiding the caverns like plague at this moment.

By the way, haven't seen anything living down there in neither first nor second cavern. Anyone else had empty caverns in terms of creatures?
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 26, 2010, 11:37:32 am »

There's a small gaggle of Troglodytes hanging just off to the side from where I'm creating my Toady Project. In fact. One was hanging out near a ledge and then got blocked in when a Fungiwood matured. Oh, and there's a FB hanging out in the 3rd cavern. That one's killable though.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:21 pm »

Just a thought, but is it possible that magma could kill the FB which is not killable by weapons?

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:56 pm »

w00t!

\\o
 \o/
  o//

The collapsing ceiling trap worked like a charm. Knocked the FB down into the second cavern and to his death. Now to finally pop the cork on the first cavern and get to exploring.

Edit1: I will agree that the underground wildlife seems to be somewhat lacking. In the first map on the third cavern I had at least four points where things were spawning off the edges. Here there seems to be just one spawn in the first cavern (not counting any random FB spawns). Killed the trogs and then a Giant Toad spawned... right in a spot between two trees. I'll leave him there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:09:25 pm by Moontayle »

Ultimarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:07 pm »

In the second or third (Can't see where one cavern ends and another starts...) there is a spot where various cave critters spawn, IE Flying heads, Crundles, even some jabberers, and much more. And theres another (I don't know where) that spawns various non-harmfull critters. I would tell you everything, but thats no fun  ;).
I discovered something new about aquifers!  On the down side, there's now a cave fish swimming around in the bedrooms.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:46 pm »

Shrine to Toady under construction. Let's just say that it will include at least lots of mining in specific format, water and magma. Perhaps some extra features as well, not all details are clear yet.

Had the first accident which resulted one dead dwarf. Had almost finished with my entrance system, and had to link final floodgate to one of the lever. I had forgotten which lever controlled what section, so tested it by pulling one lever. One dwarf came and pull the lever, and just when the effect was going to happen my fisherdwarf decided to return the fortress, and of course he decided to take that route which included crossing the bridge which was linked to lever that was pulled. Result: Just when the fisherdwarf stepped on the bridge it disappeared under him, and he drowned to the river. Tried to save him but my two miners were too busy to mine the shrine to come and make the escape ramps to the river.

Oh well, at least the fisherdwarf did not have much friends, so hopefully there wont be any tantrums.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 26, 2010, 01:27:26 pm »

Ok, now this is hilarious. I have a human crossbowman who keeps stealing soap and moving it out into the cavern. It's keeping at least two dwarfs busy as they continuously move it back to the stockpile.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:48 pm »

Ok, now this is hilarious. I have a human crossbowman who keeps stealing soap and moving it out into the cavern. It's keeping at least two dwarfs busy as they continuously move it back to the stockpile.

Is the human part of caravan or how did he end up there?
And sounds hilarious indeed...

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 26, 2010, 02:03:36 pm »

He came with the Summer caravan and then for some reason made his way down to the bar stockpile and started in on the moving. The caravan is long gone and he's still sticking around.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 26, 2010, 02:31:04 pm »

He came with the Summer caravan and then for some reason made his way down to the bar stockpile and started in on the moving. The caravan is long gone and he's still sticking around.

Cage him, and put him somewhere to show.
"The stupid human, who has obsession of soap. Do not feed!"

Seriously though, have you made a bug report yet?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:22 pm »

Known bug; elves and demons have done it too.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

Cage him, and put him somewhere to show.
"The stupid human, who has obsession of soap. Do not feed!"

He was friendly. Tried to kill him but my army just followed him around. He's gone now though. Don't know when he left.

Toady project is about 50% done. Winter of Year 5. The sticking point on getting it done will be the green glass windows and the mechanical stuff.

Oh, and is it wrong that 7 out of 10 dwarves in the Guard are laid up in the hospital, including the captain of the guard, all because they cannot currently stand? That last siege took them out fairly well.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2010, 12:38:20 am »

Oh, and is it wrong that 7 out of 10 dwarves in the Guard are laid up in the hospital, including the captain of the guard, all because they cannot currently stand? That last siege took them out fairly well.

To me it sounds very, very right.  Military in action and hospital in action - and it sounds like however you're more or less rapidly getting hurt dwarves from trouble to your medical area is working too.  Looking forward to scoring maps when the time comes, the more I read here the more I'm looking forward to it!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2010, 08:33:51 am »

Holy Crap! When I noticed someone commenting on their full blown steel industry I was mildly excited, but now that I can see why he had the industry going, I'm blown away. So much ore, so little time... I haven't even finished Year 1 and I'm already swimming in Steel.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43