Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44398 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #420 on: May 10, 2010, 04:42:38 pm »

aw man, people \keep leaving and it hasn't really started yet....
Nom nom nom

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2010, 05:05:32 pm »

It'll be alright.  This contest is somewhat on hold, once it'd active again, I expect/hope that people will join or possibly rejoin.

Amusingly, not one person submitted anything for the original ending date, least not that I know of.

Just think - if any one person had, that one person would have won, since they had no competition :o

The winner of this master's competition might have had a map scoring the lowest possible single point in every category, just because there was no other choice for which map was best! ;D
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 10, 2010, 06:40:14 pm »

Trouble is that map was unplayable for eight years given the bugs. Trying to just survive zombie horses for that long isn't worth the grief.

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 10, 2010, 08:35:19 pm »

I'm thinking about joining the competition - not that I consider myself a master, but for the fun/challenge of it. Just surviving 8 years in a hostile environment where you can't wall off the nasty would be an accomplishment, for me. If the merge release is playable and we get a new embark for it I might hop in.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 10, 2010, 11:59:34 pm »

Trouble is that map was unplayable for eight years given the bugs. Trying to just survive zombie horses for that long isn't worth the grief.
Your kidding right, You start with a Lightsaber...  I mean Axe...
Just remove the Carpenters woodcutting skill, make someone a Uniform with a Axe and nearly every Zombie will be cut in half. The real problem is the Monsters with only one body part or so, cause to kill a Zombie perfectly you need to either cut it in half (Lower from Upper) or remove its head...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2010, 11:30:40 am »

Hmm. Martin hasn't been logged in since April 30th.

In light of this, I will pseudo-officially declare that the DFM3 is on hold, pending the release of a half-decent bug-fix version and Martin's return. This, as far as I can tell, was the plan anyway.

If Martin doesn't return for about a week or two after a half-decent bug-fix comes out, I'll step in and run a new map.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2010, 04:30:29 pm »

that sounds fair but add on to it that you should try to contact him some how after the decent bug fix comes out but before the week is up just to be fair to him, after all he did start this all.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2010, 05:23:31 pm »

IIRC Martin doesn't come on the forums that often but keeps track of the devlog, so once the merge is out I expect he'll be back quite quickly.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2010, 12:39:06 am »

Oh, I'm still here. Been checking the devlog at least twice a day. I only just noticed that I got logged out of the forums somehow. I'm coming off a particularly busy two weeks, but everything is ready to go once .04 drops and I'm carving out a little extra free time to oversee things now that it looks like we're very close.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2010, 02:46:54 am »

Looks like .01 save will be compatible in the new version.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #430 on: May 16, 2010, 10:32:35 pm »

looks like .04 is out but in a beta sorta of way.
Quote from: Toady
05/16/2010: DF 0.31.04 is up, but I've put it in a forum thread instead of as the main download. A lot was rewritten and I don't want to jump to replace the main download links until the worst bugs are sorted out, but I don't imagine people would appreciate another months long private testing process. Hopefully the show-stoppers will be ironed out soon. Then I can get back to military/equipment/combat/etc. bugs. I'll probably be taking some days off in a bit... it has been a long time since I took any time off and I'm starting to feel it (or maybe that's just because it's 4PM and I didn't sleep getting this thing up the last many hours). I'll let you know in here when the month-end or whatever break begins.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:53 pm »

DFM3 Map #2 is now available here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2361

No undead and some nice new features. I think people will like this map a lot.

Main post updated.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin Again! Map 2 Now Posted!
« Reply #432 on: May 16, 2010, 11:37:03 pm »

Why does this map look strangely familiar...

Wasn't it used in a Lets Play thing???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 16, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »

It might be similar, but I genned it from a random seed and have not uploaded it prior to just now.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 16, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »

Doesn't matter, none the less very interesting map...

Now if you excuse me I am going to go work our how to do the Under the Magma Fort thing...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43