Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44408 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #405 on: April 28, 2010, 03:54:04 am »

Anyway....
The thing that has stopped me from finishing the first map is that no matter what happens for me, I never get the Arsenal Dwarf, SO NONE OF THE DWARVES WILL EQUIP ANYTHING...

This is the 4th time I got over 20 Dwarves and no luck....

Ugh...

I retract this statement... Plus I am experiencing only something like 10 or so FPS on the second year. Oh well... ^_^ And I have 7 Axemen and 6 Marksmen in training... And soon I will be starting my Main Base near the Magma Sea... And FINALLY I can start planing everything else... And I have only had one death. No one cared though. He got a nice Coffin behind a Statue that will be his Headstone. Its a Statue of a Dwarf... And well I am actually having fun now that I have everything work... Also did you know the Humans bring Valley Herbs. Gotta start making some Vials soon... AND if you haven't guessed. I am Sleepy and saying goodnight now...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:31:47 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 28, 2010, 03:45:50 pm »

And well I am actually having fun now that I have everything work...

Don't say things you'll regret...
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 02, 2010, 11:08:26 pm »

So after my Save corrupted I thought that bugger it I won't make the End time for the Undead Map. But nothing has been said for a while here. So whats happening???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 02, 2010, 11:10:20 pm »

That is a good question. The first deadline is coming up.

Has anybody even finished yet? I haven't and most likely won't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2010, 11:23:28 pm »

I gave up a few weeks ago, although I wasn't playing with intent to submit anyhow. I'm still ready to judge, but didn't seem like many people were still going on this one.

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »

I'm not going to make it to eight years. My spirit is broken :P. I've finally gotten to mid-winter of 1057 (at 3 FPS), only to have 3 FBs pop into my fort at once. Two of them went down pretty easy, like the knobbly steam dude did the year before, but the third is some kind of ice falcon that spams a knockout gas. It's all red and black, so it just pushes things and does hardly any damage, but my military is piled unconscious in the corner with it. It's a much smaller stack than the massive ball of war dogs out in the cavern, gnawing on a zombie gorlak, which I was going to pour magma on... I'd've made it too, if my miners digging the pump stack hadn't broken into the cavern where that FB trio was hanging out. I suppose I could train all new miners -- got plenty of picks -- but I think I'll just wait for the next go-round. It sounds like the merge will be done within the next week or two, and having those bug fixes will make it much nicer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:58:42 pm by barconis »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 03, 2010, 01:21:24 pm »

Okay, what I gathered is that Martin is (or already has?) regenerating new world, and when the merge comes out the competition is relaunched with new world. When that happens, the deadline will be changed as well, and it will be the same for every OS.

Though it seems that you can always use the old world for the competition, it's up to you. But thus far the deadline is not correct as we are waiting for the merge to come out...
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:17 pm »

I thought 40#d was supposed to be a graphics merge.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »

I thought 40#d was supposed to be a graphics merge.
It's also what allows Linux and Mac users to have a native copy of the game, which is, outside of gamebreaking bugs and unkillable zombies, ultimately causing this reboot. Plus, the overall game should run a lot smoother and getting everything done in three week's time will be feasible.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2010, 06:45:46 pm »

Not to mention it's difficult to win points for healthcare when surgery and traction are broken, and points for military when it's completely FUBAR.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:26 am »

aren't we waiting for the new ver which also allows the mac users to play? and fix some serious bugs?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:45 pm »

Hey can you take me off the list... I'm not going to be participating. kthnx

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:54 am »

Hey, just to throw this out there for what it's worth.

I was interested in trying out the original save, but I learned to play on Mike Mayday's 40d18 release and so I need those graphics to play... I can't really decipher the ASCII version. So I downloaded his latest package, which is for .31.03.

I then downloaded the DFM3-Embark save file, which I believe was genned for .31.01, and copied it into the Mayday installation's /data/save/ folder.

Now on his site he says to copy the raws from the master directory into the save folder, so I did this, taking the 31.03 raws and pasting them into the DFM3-Embark/raw/ directory. I was able to load and play the site, but soon encountered this issue:

I was unable to smelt ore, as soon as I tried I got a cancellation message "needs ore" when several pieces were lying on the ground. I assumed it was a raws issue related to the hoops I had jumped through earlier.

When .31.04 comes out, I believe that's the one with the 40d OpenGL code merged in, and I think Martin said he'd gen a new save file. Should that work? I mean at that point the vanilla download and the Mayday package should be identical except for the graphics, right? So a game genned in one should work in the other?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2010, 01:02:09 am »

I think that .03 broke older saves if I remember correctly, And yes .04 is the merge version and that one most probably will feature some save breaking fixes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 02:00:21 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 10, 2010, 04:00:46 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to turn anything in, caught up with Cavebrands and life, so I'm dropping out :/

Sorry guys!
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43