Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44431 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2010, 03:39:28 pm »

Martin, I think you have me confused with Urist McInternetuser. Not that that's hard to do, but...

Grumble... fixed.

And I figured out why the military wasn't getting equipment - the arsenal dwarf couldn't path to his office. I'm going to try out the door locking deal. I wonder if a door hooked to a repeater would have the same effect?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:45 pm »

Just wanted to mention that for our map, 'acid rain' doesn't seem to be a problem.  I've gotten through a couple of years of game time with weather on and dwarves regularly outside, and none of them have gotten hurt from the rain yet.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2010, 09:48:37 pm »

It's the little things that make this version much harder. Previously, siegers and ambushers only showed up in the first few weeks after the start of a season - now they show up any time. Used to be you could know by the end of the first month if the coast was clear and then let your dwarves go out and clean up a battlefield. Now, not so much...

In addition to getting attacked from above and below, I now have the following message in my announcements: "Liceva Oyeleenera, Forgotten beast is no longer enraged". He's down there somewhere, I have no idea where.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2010, 09:59:44 pm »

Just had my first ambush. Lost two dwarves and a cat. Luckily, the two dwarves weren't well liked (one had three friends, that's it). Of course, it had to happen right as I was redoing my squad so that all my axedwarves dropped the gear I didn't want them to have (leather armor) and picked up the stuff I did want them to have (copper armor). Armor seems to be bugged as well. The BP and I think the Legs have no quality on them. Just a simple Copper Breastplate. Anyhoo, five goblins, all caged now. I'll be ready for them this next time around.

Figured out something cool I could do as a semi-project in regards to my tombs. I'll reveal that when the contest is over. It's cool enough that I don't want the idea to get out there.

Permanent farming plots are set for all six types of underground plants. This will also facilitate my clothing industry.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Ultimarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2010, 12:12:25 am »

I am eager to start, but I am losing interest to (Dun Dun Duuuuun!) Wow... I am still up for it though, I just hope toady releases the mac version soon.
I discovered something new about aquifers!  On the down side, there's now a cave fish swimming around in the bedrooms.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2010, 10:11:08 am »

My (newly arrived) Hunters went hunting and unloaded 50 bolts into a single horse that eventually just succumbed to the pain. I think the nerf to crossbows went a wee bit too far.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2010, 10:27:12 am »

Zombie Giant Cave Spiders: much harder than zombie horses - almost impossibly so even with 10 axedwarves.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2010, 10:34:33 am »

In addition to getting attacked from above and below, I now have the following message in my announcements: "Liceva Oyeleenera, Forgotten beast is no longer enraged". He's down there somewhere, I have no idea where.

Went and looked him up in Legends.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No kills, no other history.

ed- We also have 15 pages of forgotten beasts, so... I'm guessing we'll see more than just this guy.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:39:38 am by Retro »

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2010, 11:10:54 am »

Zombie Giant Cave Spiders: much harder than zombie horses - almost impossibly so even with 10 axedwarves.
You just had to go and embark us on a purple biome eh?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:35 am »

You just had to go and embark us on a purple biome eh?

I did manage to kill the zombie giant toad without much trouble, so I think it's just a matter of learning curve. But yeah, I think once you give a zombie a red brain injury, it should go down reasonably soon which just isn't happening in this version.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2010, 12:47:32 pm »

meh i'm going to restart so il wait until .03 or .04 DF

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2010, 06:27:35 pm »

Winter of Year 3. Had the wonderful event of a Fey Mood hit my Metalsmith whereupon he created a Sterling Silver Chain artifact. Coupled with the Artifact Mechanism that was the result of a possession, I built an absolutely sublime well over my cistern. Many happy thoughts will result from that I'm sure.

Attempting to find the magma on this map now that most of my major digging projects are done. Of course, not sure what I'll do with said stuff once it's found but I'll cross that chasm when I come to it. Oh, and currently stocking the new Hospital I just set up. Now comes the dubious task of getting patients in it...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2010, 08:19:19 pm »

I have twenty new migrants wrestling with 4 zombie groundhogs.

They've been at it for at least ten minutes.

At least i'm getting 15 elite wrestler (Minimum) from it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:20:51 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2010, 08:20:42 pm »

wrestiling won't kill anything..... unless you get a few dogs, or a woodcutter in there.
Nom nom nom

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2010, 08:21:26 pm »

God damnit.

At least the zombie horse that has been hassling my guys is gone.

There harmless, but my dwarfs refuse to accept that.

I'm thirsty.
THERES A ZOMBIE HORSE.
*Runs away/Announcement spam*
What was i doing?
Oh yeah!

Repeat ad Nausium.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:25:06 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43