Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44400 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »

Yeah, I got the {{preserved prepared crocodile heart x4!}} too. Currently setting up large digging thing and hoping to set up a sunken city (sunken being into the ground, not into the water). There's a cougar stalking where my entrance used to be, though, so hopefully I can find a way to get some more plants and junk.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2010, 06:14:03 pm »

sooooo many undead giant toads, and trogolytes.  Man traps are top priority here.  Anyone else see the tribe of antmen, holding 3 shields and a spear each yet?
Nom nom nom

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:53 pm »

Eeek.

I'm afraid I have to drop out, I would much rather explore the new version on my own time. Sorry!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2010, 06:45:35 pm »

Welp... I forgot to set it to create back ups and just before the save for the next year, my strongest AxeDwarf goes Mad, kills almost everyone and leaves me with nothing we the save rolls over... Oh well back to the start...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2010, 06:52:37 pm »

I'm afraid I have to drop out, I would much rather explore the new version on my own time. Sorry!

There's still 46 players on the list without you; I'm sure Martin will understand :P

sooooo many undead giant toads, and trogolytes.  Man traps are top priority here.  Anyone else see the tribe of antmen, holding 3 shields and a spear each yet?

I've yet to pierce the underground. Still pretty early in but I've been mostly staying on the surface fort-wise. I guess when I need magma it'll be diggin' time... plus I don't want to have to deal with the military yet D:

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2010, 07:06:03 pm »

I'm going to spend a year or two making my fortress, and then i will dig into the ground in a different location, quarantined from the surface using way to much security.

I will call it Area 13.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to drop out too. My mod's taking up too much of my DF time to play this.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2010, 07:21:57 pm »

well just had 12 dwarfs wailing on a zombie trogolyte with silver battle axes, until they died of startvation... the zombie was a head and body, yet still biting the dwarves.... kinda think that bug is gonna wreck this DFM since everything is undead.
Nom nom nom

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:36 pm »

"A Zombie Giant Rat has stolen ({preserved prepared cave crocodile heart #4 })"
I had that too.

I'm starting mine over, this time with NO ramps.  My militia commander got stuck in a ramp and kept cancelling "pickup equipment" because of zombie horses (there were none within 3 screens), and my miner tried to stand on the tile he was channelling and got permanently stuck.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2010, 08:24:44 pm »

The dwarves definitely got retardeder. My initial embark crashed but my usual set up of a spiral rampway hosed up a few things anyway so I didn't cry over it. Incidentally, the crash happened when I was exiting the military screen but I think it had more to do with the computer I was using than anything else, since I've yet to have that happen again.

I didn't think about the zombies being a problem but it will be a hindrance.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:06 pm »

I didn't think about the zombies being a problem but it will be a hindrance.
Oh, you will.  I have an entire herd of zombie horses "chilling" around my entrance interrupting everthing (24th Granite, first year).  I've recruited everyone except my two miners, so them and the dogs are ripping into the zombies and not really getting anywhere.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »

I wonder whats going on with that then. Before Zefon went and massacred the whole fortress she killed a dozen zombie horses and a handful of groundhogs - unarmed.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2010, 09:14:51 pm »

Might be related to what weapons are being used. Maybe because Axe was slashing it was able to be more effective. We're so used to wrestling killing things outright that it not happening seems anathema to us.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2010, 09:24:23 pm »

On my last fortress my woodcutter chopped up a bunch of zombie groundhogs quite nicely.  In this one I have 5 wrestlers, 4 dogs, and two miners doing squat (well, there are a lot of zombie legs lying around, but none of the horses are dead).

Here I go on my third try  ::)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »

Odd, I made some Waterskins (called genetic flasks now and making 3 out of one leather) and some backpacks and only one out of my two training axemen are equipped with them... Odd...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43