Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44376 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Signups/Rules
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2010, 02:38:32 pm »

umm... I think we are gonna be unmodded dwarfs.  At least I hope so.
Nom nom nom

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2010, 03:34:48 pm »

The sheer size of this thread before the contest is even underway makes me think that it might be a good idea to lock this and start a new thread when the next version's out.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2010, 03:39:56 pm »

Well the thread is called "[CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Signups/Rules" so I would assume so.

umm... I think we are gonna be unmodded dwarfs.  At least I hope so.
This is going to be an ummoded game(barring graphics) because we want to find out all about the changes to the new version. Also the mods for creatures are all broken because of the new things you need.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2010, 04:11:19 pm »

Martin, I would like to request that the civ you choose can sell pitchblende and/or star rubies.

Choosing a large civ should pretty much guarantee ALOT of stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Why the specific request though?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2010, 09:29:35 am »

Martin, I would like to request that the civ you choose can sell pitchblende and/or star rubies.

Choosing a large civ should pretty much guarantee ALOT of stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Why the specific request though?

Star ruby windows and a nuclear reactor.

Also:

[celebratory music goes here]
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2010, 03:40:27 pm »

I suggest we start this contest when at least some of the major bugs are finished.
And when the working of the forum is reliable  ;)
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2010, 04:18:26 pm »

Ok, let's see if this works this time...

I've got the new version genning worlds. I'll try and PM the judges tonight when hopefully the site is a bit more stable. I don't think the merge will be much of a delay, so we'll start as soon as I pull things together.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2010, 04:24:58 pm »

May you find something worthy of us.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2010, 04:26:41 pm »

How many embarking points are you going to give us?
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »

Suggestion: If it's not too late, when you gen the world turn up the cavern openness and turn down the passage density. Seems like that makes more of the wide-open cavern spaces and less of the narrow passages.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2010, 05:05:35 pm »

Holy crap I actually remembered this.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Pineapple Skitter

• Bay Watcher
  • Mildly bemused
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2010, 07:01:36 pm »

I'd like to join! I'm curious about the new features, and having someone else genning the map for me and sorting throug the new embark screen means I've less work to do :D

Even if I'm to late to compete I'd still like to have a go at it.

-Skitter

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:02 pm »

How do i get The map?

I can't find it.

Oh. I get it now.

I thought that you were talking about a pre-genned map already packaged in the game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:07:45 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2010, 10:40:35 pm »

Ok, let's see if this works this time...

I've got the new version genning worlds. I'll try and PM the judges tonight when hopefully the site is a bit more stable. I don't think the merge will be much of a delay, so we'll start as soon as I pull things together.

I'm here and paying attention, though the forums were hopelessly lagged for me for the last dayish  :-X

Course, judges dont have any work to do at the beginning of the contest, do we?  But ready and willing when the time to do something comes.  Good luck and much F/fun everyone!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2010, 03:22:11 pm »

And we have begun!

The embark is a 4x4 forest/savannah with a nice purple tinge to it. There's a surface river to help with the underground farming bug, sand is accessible and there's flux on the map along with plenty of trees. There are no elves nearby (oversight on my part), but humans and gobbos are there.

Among the starting 7 is one marksdwarf with crossbow, bolts, and leather armor to take care of any early baddies, one physician, one miner/mason, one woodcutter/carpenter, two food preparers, and the leader with minimal armor/weaponsmith and appraisal skills.

You start with a pick an axe and an anvil. You have plenty of booze, seeds and meat. You have a few copper bars, thread, cloth, leather, that kind of stuff. You have 5 pieces of bauxite. The first post is updated with the goals and some tweaks to the rules such as you may turn off economy if you wish, along with a reminder that reveal.exe is against the rules.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43