Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44311 times)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13
« Reply #615 on: June 15, 2010, 07:09:26 am »

Or, more forts means more FUN.

I'm at work atm, still one season to go. FPS dropped to 7 today, I fear that means HUGE siege coming up.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2010, 07:40:08 am »

I had intended to finish, but a situation came up that took me out of town and away from DF for quite a while. I just got back late last night, and with several years to go I'm not going to finish.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

I have no problem extending this to get more submissions, but we need some indication that people are working toward finishing.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:54 pm »

Just... few.. days...

DONE!!  8)

I'll upload the fort and better description of things in this post tomorrow morning, but here are something for starters:
Spoiler: Final status, Z-screen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shrine for Toady (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrance + Defence (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nobles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hospital (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Project 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Project 2 (click to show/hide)

The file:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2525

And the map:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8944-workeddriven

Looks like the not everything got included to the map. Just stairs and couple empty hallways are missing, you can see them in saved game.

Soo... here is my fort. Feel free to ask question if something turns out. Also, I didn't include anything but the final save in the zip file. Do I upload all the other ones as well, and if I do then in separated uploads or what?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:28:53 pm by Kipi »

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »

So you never got a Baron either?

Looking forward to reading your write up.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 17, 2010, 12:12:39 pm »

Guess this contest died a grisly death.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 17, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »

Guess this contest died a grisly death.

Contest is disturbed by lack of submissions...  :P

Oh well, at least you weren't the only one.  ;)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 17, 2010, 01:29:19 pm »

NO! THIS WILL NOT DIE! I REFUSE TO SEE ANOTHER POTENTIALLY GREAT THREAD DIE FROM INACTIVITY!!

I wish to enter as a participant in addition to being a judge, though of course I cannot judge my own fort so someone else will have to judge it for me. If this is not allowed, then OH WELL, I'M DOING THIS ANYWAY! (I'll just do the fort as a publicity stunt and not enter it as a real entry)

EDIT: GODDAMMIT THE SAVE FILE ISN'T WORKING, it won't copy the raws file!

EDIT2: Wait, does the mayday tile set fuck with the raws file? Because I'm not going to use any pansy-elf tileset! ASCII is the only way to play DF the DWARVEN way!

EDIT3: Fiddled around with it for awhile and got it to work! Woo! Bloody demon-worship temple right in the fiery pits of hell with an adamantine statue of a toad, HERE I COME!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:52:49 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:48 pm »

So, in what year you are in the game?

Just curious if you take a part as player.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 17, 2010, 02:01:07 pm »

I'm just starting, though it's summer break and I have better things to do, so I have procrastination and ridiculous amounts of spare time on my side.

EDIT: I haven't even made my entrance and I'm already planning my first megaproject! Who needs necessities, anyway?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:06:24 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 17, 2010, 02:13:50 pm »

I'm just starting, though it's summer break and I have better things to do, so I have procrastination and ridiculous amounts of spare time on my side.

EDIT: I haven't even made my entrance and I'm already planning my first megaproject! Who needs necessities, anyway?

Just be warned, unless you have beast as machine, the FPS will drop to near 20-30 in last few years. Takes about 3-5 hours to complete one year, depending on how much you pause.

So, I don't have anything against abculatter_2 to take part to the competition, and thus extending the time limit. Up to others.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 17, 2010, 02:27:49 pm »

Don't extend the time limit for me, I'm just doing this in case no one else submits their fortresses. Then we'll have another (also, I wanted to try my hand at this earlier just for kicks but didn't because of the same raws problem).

EDIT: Hmmmm... I have my entrance mostly carved out, and it will certainly be quite grandiose when completed, but I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my fort... wait... Build it in the caverns! Not particularly original, but it'll do.

EDIT2: Anyone know if frog demons still exist in some form? I want to know if I can make a frog demon statue.

EDIT3: I have devised away to prevent enemies from entering the fortress from the underground without consistently violating the rule of always allowing enemies to path into the fortress. Although, admittedly I took it from someone else, still. It looks like this:

Code: [Select]
+++++++
╦┼╗+╔┼╗
║+╠═╣+║
║+║.║+║
║+║.║+║
║+║.║+║
O^O.O^O
+++++++
+++++++
.>>>>>.

The only way it could block pathing into the fortress was if two  hostile creatures stood on both plates at the same time, which is unlikely.

EDIT4: Err... looks like the plates didn't quite work as expected... damn...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:49:05 pm by abculatter_2 »

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 18, 2010, 07:47:48 am »

I think the contestants all died from Vuvuzela exposure.

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 18, 2010, 10:43:35 am »

I gave up. My computer just wasn't up to snuff.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:05 am »

This reminds me of Hildalgo where like 50 people started out on a race and only 3 finished.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43