Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44339 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Signups
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2010, 11:09:57 pm »

I will join as a player...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 12:10:01 am »

Ok. Participant list updated. I'll add James.Denholm with a confirmation. If anyone was missed, just PM me.

Yeah, I was getting a little concerned about the size of the list, but I don't think that'll be a problem. We'll just see how it goes. In past competitions, if we got 1/3 of the players submitting, that was pretty good - so let's just roll with it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 05:14:12 am »

I'm not worried about it, and I know finishing/still being active to participate at the time it starts is an issue.  I'm amused and glad at the activity!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 11:08:11 pm »

If there is a strong need for more judges as the competition's wrapping up, I can belay submitting my save and just jump to judging instead. I'm here for the fun, not the points; no worries about not placing well or anything. Just a heads-up if it comes down to that.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 11:11:43 pm »

NO! because I can't top undergrotto... >.>

purplearcanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »

A warning: I might not complete the eight years, although I will certainly try.  I am trying to focus on a different project.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

well ze new version isn't out yet, and by looking at the development updates you probably have a while still!
Nom nom nom

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2010, 12:32:42 am »

Add me as a Trailblazer player. I anticipate my fortress will be of great interest.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2010, 06:26:26 pm »

Awesome news, Retro. Good to hear that we won't get competitions competing with each other.

Hur hur hur.

Ok. Participant list updated. I'll add James.Denholm with a confirmation.

I'll send you a PM, to be sure you get it, but put me down!

As a player, that is.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Signups/Rules
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:56 am »

Ok, from the sounds of it, we might be close. I updated the participant list based on the PMs and replies since my last comment. Rules have been added along with a little information on what the goals might look like and how scoring will go. I'm going to start adding information to the FAQ in the first comment.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2010, 01:24:08 am »

I like the new info you've added.  Especially 3.Make sure to save a backup copy for each Spring of every year of your fortress. These will be submitted with your final fortress. These are not used for scoring, and are instead for charting each competitor's progress, and for emergency rollbacks as described below.

That will be interesting to see, so I'm glad you've asked for it.

I like the concept of how the scoring will work, and am looking forward to getting to look over and rate peoples' games when the time comes.  Hope we all have a ton of fun with this!

Oh, and about 6.Enemies, sieges, and hostile animals must be able to path into your fortress at all times. This means that you may not have your fortress completely sealed during an attack, such as with a dry moat and drawbridge, or even by locking doors. Traps halls that will kill every enemy are allowed, so long as enemies can find a path through them. The ONLY exception to this rule is if you haven't yet bridged a river, chasm, or other map feature, and an enemy is on the opposite side.

Wowsers.  Master's competitions indeed! :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:26:11 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 01:28:55 am »

33 contestants in total, with an assumed noncompletion rate of 1/3 will leave 22 forts to be judged by 4 judges. You gonna take 5 or 6 each and shortlist the best for the other judges, or all look at every fort submitted?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:19 am »

number 6 makes sense, after all this is DWARF fortress not turtle fortress. I approve of all the new rules for they look like they will make a good competition out of this.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 01:44:57 am »

Count me in as a player.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 01:48:13 am »

Number 6 will make even more sense when you see the goals. Kipi added as a player. We'll see how the judging plays out - lots of unknowns on this one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:50:31 am by Martin »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43