Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44412 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2010, 02:12:54 am »

Heh. Untamed wilds/terrifying/joyous wilds + sand + brook + massive amounts of magnetite/flux all in a 4x4.

I think I'll just keep this one for myself...

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 17, 2010, 02:45:36 am »

Ok, I found it. It's pretty awesome. No undead.

Players will be able to play either map.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 17, 2010, 03:08:54 am »

so where is it?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2010, 06:13:47 am »

'Spect the new map won't be offered until the merge release occurs, that way it is as fair a map as possible, both for those of us able to play now and those who have had to continue waiting for a version their computers can run.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:25 am »

I'm curious to know - Are you going to "regen" and find the site again with the same seeds with the (post?)merge-version is released? Just to be sure in regards to any business with differences in the raws and what-not.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #380 on: April 17, 2010, 09:50:31 am »

Oh, wow.

I just caged a GCS (non-zombie!) without even noticing.

I might just stick with this site after all  :D
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2010, 12:44:31 pm »

I'm curious to know - Are you going to "regen" and find the site again with the same seeds with the (post?)merge-version is released? Just to be sure in regards to any business with differences in the raws and what-not.

I don't think it'll matter since the save carries the raws now, so you just dump the .04 raws in the .03 save, but it might be worth doing just to see if it makes any difference.

And Imp is correct, I'm going to wait until the Mac and Linux people can get equal shot at it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2010, 01:16:57 pm »

so the date for the new site will be the same for windows as it is for linux and mac, or will it be less time for windows since we have had experience with the new version?
Nom nom nom

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2010, 04:28:19 pm »

Up to Martin I think. I think the same time should apply to everyone. There's nothing to say that you can't fiddle around with the site a bit then take a legitimate stab at it after you get your bearings. Hell, crashes might force you to restart anyways. Like me. Plus, with more to deal with things might take longer even if you know what you're doing.

Oh, and Martin, if you give us a world with dead elves I will find ways to hurt a dwarf I shall call Martin repeatedly. The only people that should kill off the elven civilization is us. Besides, daddy wants his War Bears.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2010, 03:31:42 am »

I am still getting the error of non-working wood furnaces when I try to use the save with the new versions. The dwarves will build them but won't use them.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2010, 09:45:52 am »

I am still getting the error of non-working wood furnaces when I try to use the save with the new versions. The dwarves will build them but won't use them.
Can't even begin to explain why this is happening unless you're possibly using DT to assign jobs. I'm certainly not having any issues and a wood furnace is one of the first things I set up on my second run so I could outfit two more dwarfs with picks. If you use DT to assign jobs, be aware that there are issues and sometimes not everything works like you would want it to. Try setting things manually and see if that works.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2010, 05:12:19 pm »

Umm, whats DT?
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2010, 05:13:05 pm »

Dwarf Therapist.

Let's you manage which labors your dwarves perform with much greater efficiency than the game itself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2010, 05:29:48 pm »

Indeed. I have used it to identify mildly useful but largely useless dwarves that I can assign stupid nobility jobs to. Like the High Master Animal Trainer who now doubles as my Manager. Since, you know, a dog takes like 10 frames for him to train and then he goes back to socializing.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 20, 2010, 07:59:51 pm »

So, how's this going?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43