Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Deadline: June 13  (Read 44433 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM3: Trailblazer - Begin!
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:34 am »

Found the second cavern (after finding the magma, strangely).

Yeah, I was the same way. Interestingly, I found it while digging out some adamantine (yes, I'm taking the risk) and piercing the magma pool again - the cavern was connected to the magma and got revealed that way. I also got the 'you have discovered a magma pool' message, so I guess that's still in too.
There's a Fire Man done there swimming about. I haven't yet built cages but I'm wondering if I can catch the guy. I have a nifty mechanized defense idea in mind if I can pump the magma up to the surface.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2010, 11:52:39 am »

I may have found something that my axedwarves can't take down: Zombie Flying Heads. Seriously, they've been beating on these things for almost ten minutes and they're not dead yet. None of my dwarves are hurt or anything, there's just nothing that seems to strike a killing blow. Even the brains are red and... nothing. This might be one of those situations where you want a couple of different weapon types.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2010, 12:05:24 pm »

See if the randon brain-shutting-off-in-midair bug is still around. TO THE MAGMA WITH IT.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:10 pm »

I'm doing okay despite losing the hunter.  Had a few red arrows, but they're gone now.  Everything's underground now.  I've got farms and a well going.  I think traps need to be next...no iron ore, though!

EDIT: Found the flux, still no iron!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:28:30 pm by bmaczero »
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2010, 12:22:31 pm »

See if the randon brain-shutting-off-in-midair bug is still around. TO THE MAGMA WITH IT.
I wish. Their wings have been cut off so they aren't going anywhere unless they get smacked into a wall or something. I called off my squad and now it's just the squad's pack of dogs that are beating on them. There's six of 'em, all told.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2010, 01:03:19 pm »

Woo!  I finally got my woodcutter to kill a zombie horse! *happydance*

I kept setting him to equip a battle axe and then telling him to kill the horse, but he would just put it away and rush off to fight with his bare hands.  I had to tell him to not equip a weapon, station him near the weapon stockpile, and then while he was active, tell him to get a battle axe.

Yay!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2010, 01:04:19 pm »

I finished off a couple of zombie flying heads with a single hammer-dwarf, they can one hit most small creatures once they get strong enough :D
Nom nom nom

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2010, 01:16:08 pm »

I finished off a couple of zombie flying heads with a single hammer-dwarf, they can one hit most small creatures once they get strong enough :D
That's the next step. I just got a load of migrants and plan on drafting ten of them into a Macedwarf squad that I'm going to set up once I save (don't want to lose what progress I've made since the seasonal save on the off chance one of the crash bugs rears its ugly head).

Should add that the length of this battle has dropped my FPS down to the teens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2010, 01:21:07 pm »

Erm, I think I'll drop out as I don't want to deal with the zombie stuff right from the start (was actually hoping Martin wouldn't choose an evil area) and I want to mess around with things at my own pace.

So, yea, remove me from the players. It'll still be interesting to look at the final forts though :)

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2010, 01:28:15 pm »

It's not that bad once you figure out how to actually get your dwarves to use edged weapons.

I abandoned twice because I couldn't kill them, but this game my woodcutter's lopped off about 8 zombie horse heads.  *happydance again*

FAKEEDIT: There goes another one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2010, 01:33:55 pm »

Oh, keep me in then, maybe I'll mess around in another worldgen for a bit first. I should be able to just import Martins save and then transplant the graphics stuff.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2010, 01:51:11 pm »

It's not that bad once you figure out how to actually get your dwarves to use edged weapons.

I abandoned twice because I couldn't kill them, but this game my woodcutter's lopped off about 8 zombie horse heads.  *happydance again*

and another one bites the dust, and another one does, and another one does, and another one bites the dust!
Nom nom nom

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2010, 02:00:17 pm »

and another one bites the dust, and another one does, and another one does, and another one bites the dust!

Okay okay, I get the idea, lol.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2010, 02:05:39 pm »

I have fifteen legendary wrestlers.

Awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »

Yea, I've noticed in Arena that adventurers can get legendary fighting and wrestling skills extremely fast.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43