Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk: Topic Discussion  (Read 33383 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk: Topic Discussion
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 02:11:36 am »

For the most part I'd like my suggestions read but I realise that is mostly impossible and that you never know what is relevant. I once BASICALLY asked Toady outright if he as much as read one of my longer suggestions threads, as I had been working at it for months, and while he didn't say so, the obvious answer was no. It was also very likely that the type of suggestions in it weren't helpful and that he was looking for something else along the lines of "What people want in general" rather then my usual musings.

Hense why for the most part I discontinued it.

Anonymity though comes at the price of being depersonalised a lot of the time. Even charitable people who could care less about who knows about their donations do sign their donations in their own name a lot of the time.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 03:19:33 am »

Anonymity tends to cause problems with GIFT.

If the supposed problem is that people want their suggestions to win through, and aren't concerned with reading anyone else's, then not having any sort of repercussions aside from possibly banning if things get too crazy isn't going to encourage responsible behavior in any way.  People will still want the things they suggested to get through, after all, and now you've taken away social pressure from the forums as a means of encouraging or discouraging certain behaviors.
I doubt most Bay12 users are too immature to be able to handle anonymity. And I've never seen any behavior that could be the issue that you're thinking of here. For that matter, what the hell is the issue you're talking about? I can't seem to figure out what you think people would do. Do you mean people would bump their own threads sometimes? Or maybe that they would behave callously? That's shit that happens anyway, and I honestly can't imagine it would happen much more with anonymity.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2011, 07:14:27 am »

Can you guys finally discuss what drawvesn goblin and elven cities are going to look like? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »

Can you guys finally discuss what drawvesn goblin and elven cities are going to look like? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
I am pretty sure he doesn't really know yet.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »

I bet he has some ideas, like the multitile trees for elves, for instance.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 06:24:02 am »

Can I be on one of the DF tlaks?  ::)

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2011, 05:12:23 am »

So Had a thought after a bit of lurking the last few days. How about a Artifact Puzzle-box That summons Happy Fun Stuff.
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2011, 04:20:21 pm »

We've heard the general outline for Elven towns....I'm curious what Toady's general thoughts are on what Goblin Towers will look like, and what a "traditional" dwarven fortresses looks like.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2011, 04:35:30 pm »

I think Liberal Crime Squad would make an excellent I-Phone game!  If you posted an announcement that said something along the lines of "Hey if anyone wants to make LCS into a successful I-Phone game, go ahead and send me some of the !Profits!" you know someone would turn that into some money and hook you up.  If the timing is right, you could see some windfall from a release right before the big election year.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2011, 04:38:21 pm »

So Had a thought after a bit of lurking the last few days. How about a Artifact Puzzle-box That summons Happy Fun Stuff.

Yeah.... uh...

You were watching Hellraiser while lurking, weren't you?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2011, 06:57:38 am »

I'd like some discussion on how to improve cage and weapon traps. Perhaps a percentage chance in TrapAvoid parameter, and a maximum size of what a cage can hold.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11:43 pm »

I'd like some discussion on how to improve cage and weapon traps. Perhaps a percentage chance in TrapAvoid parameter, and a maximum size of what a cage can hold.

yeah, the future of traps and trap avoidance is something I haven't heard much discussion of.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2011, 11:44:53 pm »

So now that we've seen the basic, basic frame work for magical effects, I'd love if Toady would ramble a little about where he sees it going, or where stuff is just a rough implementation and how it will improve. It's not quite the magic arc, but it's setting that up, and I wanna hear more.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2011, 03:26:10 pm »

Topic: improving trees, perchance having a range of 0.1 to 5 tons, not always 0.06 tons (one table).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »

Topic: improving trees, perchance having a range of 0.1 to 5 tons, not always 0.06 tons (one table).

That's more of a suggestion than something that can actually be talked about in the podcast in an interesting manner.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7