Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mafia RTD-Day 1 Turn 2  (Read 7616 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Mafia RTD-Day 1 Turn 2
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

A good old RTD. I have some pretty handy kit, so I can manage a lot. I'll take as many players that want in. There isn't much I can explain, so some backstory should do.

The leader of the main Mafia in the city, sat in the Cafe a la Cafe, feeling rather depressed. ALL his Mafiosi were killed during a recent raid. He was worried. Who would continue the great name of his Mafia? The waitress, Jane, gave him another drink. He lightly sipped it, and then he had an idea. Bring up a whole new batch of willing mafiosi! Everyone thought that his buisness was downed, but he had some contacts. He had a LOT of contacts. He quickly left, raincoat on, and began posting some... letters. All would come together soon.

I should mention now that this takes place in some faraway place, so your race can have a LOT of variety.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I will take as many players as wanted.

Spoiler: Grunge Vladimir (RNG) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Steady (kilakan) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Auel Aka (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sylvia (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:07:21 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia RTD-Taking many players
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 02:28:14 pm »

Name: Max Caldwell
Race: Kith'Kari Lizard
Background: Max grew up in the slums. His father was an alcoholic. Said father got executed for being in a riot. Max, being an expert marksman, decides to join up in the criminal underworld as a hired gun.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:36:32 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:29:55 pm »

Species. It's only for flavor purposes.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »

Is this fantasy, i.e. dwarves and elves? Or realistic? Meh, I'll put both down.

Name: Grunge/Vladimir
Race: Orc/Russian
Background: He was always rather intelligent, but school bored him. He didn't care about science or math, no... what he was interested in was people. Why they acted how they did. What interested him the most was fear. To study this, he regularly worked out at the gym during the day. During nights, he would work as a bouncer. He would also take odd jobs here and there, anything that provided new opportunities to study others. He does not resent or hate the law, and in fact even respects it a little - but he does not see himself bound by it either.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:02:07 pm »

Anything goes, really. Russain Orcs it is, then.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 04:20:52 pm »

im in but il make a character tommorow k? jsut keep a place free

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 05:27:21 pm »

Name;Steady
Age;21
Gender;Male
Race;Frost Giant
Background;Come down from the high mountains of Gar'ak, he has sworn to build his honor through war and random killings, so he may return to his ancient tribe a hero and warrior.  Deciding in this day, even a giant like him needs back up, he has siezed the opportunity to join this fledgling mafia, as the strong arm of operations.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:14:35 pm »

I wonder if anyone will make a Bronze Colossus guy...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 08:43:01 pm »

Name: Tiratore Franco
Race: goblin
Background:Being a scrawny lad growing up in a goblin city is a bad thing. he was always picked on for his size and beaten up by the bigger goblins. But when his mandatory stint in the goblin army came up he discovered he had a remarkable talent for guns of all types. After showing his remarkable aim he was moved to the sniper squad and probably would have never quit. But his commander, Spaccone, was a huge goblin that took every thing out on him, so one day when they were attacking and Franco was the only goblin that was left behind to provide covering fire he took the shot, and pop! No more Spaccone!  Franco almost got away with it, but he was caught and sentenced to death. The day before the death the prison warden gave him a deal. Work to pay off one of the wardens debits and he would be allowed to escape.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 12:41:57 am »

Name; Auel Aka "The Chemist"
Age; 19
Gender; Male
Race; Elf
Background; Auel was only 10 years when he already knew about 60% of the forrest herbs, he was so good in it that he began to make medications. But some day he found a herb that make people high, with that he started to sell it. After a week the herb was made illigal, But he continued to sell it in secrecy and even made it better with a mixture of other herbs. From that day onwards he is now known as the "chemist" (druggy that sells weed and other stuff)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:36:59 am »

Name; Feather Shimmerstar
Age; about 293 give or take.
Gender; Female(cause I can :D)
Race; Daoine Sidhe(specifically: bean-shìdh)
Background; Feather was born a long time ago. She grew up in her immortal life underneath a typical hollow fae mound. However as she became an adult, her love for singing, dancing, and all things merrymaking, enticed her to begin living above ground with the humans and other folk. She prefers to keep to herself and stay quiet, when she isn't preforming. And while she loves to show off on stage, she will not let anyone push her around. Her favorite dress is a slinky red number, and matches her flaming-red, waist-length hair perfectly. Appearing as a typical irish human with smooth pale skin, and bright green eyes.

After the whole quitting thing and the no limit on characters playing, I wonder how well this will do. Though I'm happy to try and give it a shot. Just be careful not to overextend yourself Kirby, I know too well about how hard it can be keeping a RTD going.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:38:48 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 02:29:18 am »

Eh, I'm pretty sure that my definition of overextend is different. My absense wasn't due to RTD.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 11:39:43 am »

Anyone else? I can start with 6 if no-one else wants to tag on.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 03:10:54 pm »

Name: Sylvia
Race: Elf (not your DF kind)
Background: Sylvia is a fairy, but technically an elf. She was a leprechaun but that was just a job. But, after seeing how wonderful this world is she quickly joined it, sacrificing her magical talent and becoming a fugitive in the eyes of fairy law. Being one meter in height she is one centimeter below average. But one centimeter is a lot when you don't have many to spare. Now, she has the convenient skill of being able to break through pretty much any lock.

Anybody who knows where I have blatantly stolen this from gets a cookie.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »

It isn't discworld by any chance is it?
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5