Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour  (Read 10438 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2010, 04:56:15 pm »

I prefer Pizza Hut pan pizza to Dominoes pan pizza, and Dominoes thin crust to Pizza Hut thin crust.

I've only had real non-chain pizza once, and it was New York style, and some of the best pizza I've ever had.

If I have to choose between PH and Dominos, I go with Pizza Hut every time.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2010, 05:03:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure the Chinese do have some of their own food... although I guess some of it might have been invented elsewhere.  Chicken Tikka Masala was made in England, after all.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »

And is indian...

Pizza Hut and stuffed crust all the way!

Stuffed crust? Why would you take the best part of the pizza and ruin it??? If I have to slog through all that damn cheese and toppings and to get the crust I don't want to find that some idiot has been stuffing full of rubbish!

Fast food is still great, because any amount of effort spent cooking is often more effort than I want to exert.  You know why Americans are fat?  Because we can afford to be, you broke bastards, and you would be too if you were us.
I personally cook for fun, or at least I did before I got screwed over with a kitchen that has no ventilation and cooks you faster than the damn food. It might seem like effort at first but once you get into it can be quite satisfying and anything you cook yourself always tastes better. :D
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »

And is indian...

Stuffed crust? Why would you take the best part of the pizza and ruin it??? If I have to slog through all that damn cheese and toppings and to get the crust I don't want to find that some idiot has been stuffing full of rubbish!

Now now, the crust is great but the cheese is the best part.  The worst thing that can happen to pizza (Aside from a cooked moth, long story) is when there's too much sauce.  Too much sauce and the cheese slides everywhere (Which is why LaRosa's sucks) and sauce tends to have so much flavor it easily overpowers the rest, ruining it.

Ooh, has anyone ever had Chubby's Pizza?  It's probably the most unhealthy thing you can eat, there's so much grease you have to pat it dry with a paper towel, but the cheese is soooo stretchy.  You take a bite and pull the pizza like a foot away from your mouth and the cheese holds.  It's insane.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2010, 05:20:40 pm »

Anyone ever heard of B&C's Pizza? They have a competition at the restaurant where if you can SINGLEHANDEDLY eat an extra large pizza with everything on it in one sitting, you get it for free plus 100$.

They have a wall with a picture for everyone that has ever competed, whether they win or lose. Not very many people win.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:30:05 pm by JoshuaFH »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2010, 05:23:58 pm »

Can you win multiple times? I think I've found my calling in life.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2010, 05:31:13 pm »

No, I think you're limited to one attempt.

Pretty sure, atleast. It's been awhile since I've last gone there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:07:25 pm by JoshuaFH »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2010, 05:57:20 pm »

Yeah, I've been to this one pub where if you can finish one of their monster steak dinners, you get free meals there for life.

I think only about 9 people have ever done it, including 1 woman who was a bodybuilder. There was a picture of her on the wall flexing and a quote daring other men to take the challenge.

She was kinda cute.

There's many places that have these kind of quirky challenges.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »

Hmm... I don't think those'd be illegal in Britain, but they'd probably be run out of town by a mob of healthy eating campaigners.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2010, 07:06:53 pm »

I'd try those except they almost always include something I don't like. My big 3 are cheese if the flavour is too strong, mushrooms and cream which makes me gag and sometimes even throw up despite the fact that I actually like the flavour :(. Since pretty much any eat it all challenge will involve one of those three I can't really compete.

Now if someone made a competition to eat a giant yorkshire pudding full of gravy peas mash onion and sausages...

*Drooling smiley*
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2010, 07:20:30 pm »

Do you guys not have locally-owned pizza places wherever you live?

I could probably rattle off the names of at least ten places around here that are both locally owned and actually decent. Franchise pizza (especially Domino's and Pizza Hut, in my experience) just aren't very good at all.

And stuffed crust pizza is overdoing it anyway. The entire pizza is loaded with cheese; you're doing something wrong if the crust needs it too.

Pizza's actually a great thing to make at home. It's relatively easy, it's fun, and you actually know what's going on there. It's one of those foods that's easy to experiment with, too.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2010, 07:24:10 pm »

Yes, I actually do have a pretty decent locally-owned pizzeria. Within walking distance no less.

I... I just like Pizza Hut.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »

There are no decent locally-owned where I live.

Pizza Hut is fine, maybe I just haven't tasted real pizza.
Shoes...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2010, 07:27:59 pm »

Yeah, it's not that I don't believe you. It's just strange to me considering how dense my area is in terms of that kind of stuff. Hell, there's one about a few minutes' walk away from here that delivers until 3 or 4 in the morning.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2010, 07:29:24 pm »

@G-Flex: Remember when you were 7 (or in uni) and you would put mozzerella on and spread spagetti marinara sauce over a bagel and microwave it?

Mmhmm :3
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14