Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour  (Read 10388 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2010, 03:36:26 am »

But what is the percentage of ... low IQ people living in America?

Assuming a normal distribution and defining "low" as "below average", about 50%.  Now stop confusing education with intelligence.  :P

Did I? Huh. I pretty sure I just asked what the percentage of people in America with low IQ (80>) was. I know there's a difference between education and intelligence, although I don't see what that has to do with my question.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2010, 04:07:21 am »

5 seconds in Google yields something I don't entirely trust.  Then again, now that I think about it, IQ tests favor the educated, which may explain this adequately.

Then again, see this:
“Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis” by Richard Lynn

Back to Google for a less ridiculous search result...

My Google-fu is weak.  I give up.
Obviously, I'm a little lacking in patience.  :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:21:26 am by Earthquake Damage »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2010, 11:08:33 am »

The main movement in psychology today is away from "G" or general intelligence, to the "many intelligences" theories. Someone could be quite good at math and music, but inept at social skills and spatial imagery.

How many types of intelligence there are varies, but it is pretty well accepted that IQ tests don't test for them all.

In other words, it's at least Int, Cha, and Wis scores, and probably many more, that need to be considered.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2010, 11:15:59 am »

Some of you have gone over the line as far as trying to piss off huge groups of people.  Huesoo, you in particular shouldn't refer to women as 'bitches.'  Everyone try to keep it under control.

I never refered to women as bitches I refered a woman as a bitch because she is biased and highly rude to her guests.(The name keeps escaping me and its driving me crazy, she was all over the casey anthony case for atleast a month) Maybe I am biased against my countries people but I love being american and there are a lot of people who are still cool. I also never said all of the United States was stupid but most of the south and midwest and maybe it was only my city that was half redneck. The problem also is that whenever I would turn on to FOX and see all the lying ignorant bible thumpers all over the tv made me embarresed to call myself american.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2010, 11:35:13 am »

I find the new intelligence theories stupid, we've always know that some people are good at some things and others at other things why do we suddenly need to redefine a word to cover that?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2010, 11:36:36 am »

We just like to have names for things, I guess.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:31 am »

I would guess being defined as below average would stick in the craws of people who are talented but not talented in the way the test is measuring.

Whatever, now we can all feel like we're good at something.  You're not stupid, you have great body-kinesthesia!  You're not clumsy, you're highly motivated!  You're not fat, you're Rubenesque!

Bah humbug.
Shoes...

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2010, 01:00:28 pm »

Another problem is that we can never learn to truly agree on consensus, learn to value each others opinions, communicate why somethings may be wrong and generally feel like we are all right all of the time.

And of course this doesn't apply to everyone but unfortunately this one of the many reasons humans don't get along, communication; it's the way we basically got to the top of the animal food chain, by being the most "chatty." Perfection and power all have its price.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2010, 03:47:25 pm »

Of course, but people tend to make two huge mistakes when thinking about "sodium":

• Thinking that "sodium" and "salt" are the same thing.
  • Thinking that something's bad because it's "chemically altered", especially when we're talking about something really simple like the ion of an alkali metal.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2010, 04:12:53 pm »

Re: IQ... IQ distribution is an approximation of a standard bell curve, it has a midpoint at 100 and a standard deviation of 15. Therefore the number of people with an IQ of less than 85 is going to be ~15.9%. Because of the nature of IQ measurements, this percentage will never change even if the actual intelligence or proportion for a population does change.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2010, 04:19:46 pm »

Noo Nadka! Let this thread die! After this post nobody post in this thread!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2010, 04:31:00 pm »

Why?  No one here's fighting.
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »

Ive gotten two letters from threetoe and toady :'( . One more strike and im muted.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2010, 05:27:14 pm »

And you have no one to blame for that but yourself.  You are the only one trying to fight about things.

So let's get back to talking about Sarah Palin being on TV.  Well, with an actual show that is.  I wonder what timeslot FOX would put her in, to compete with other networks.  Glenn "Let me read you my secret diary" Beck?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »

Only if they 100% wanted him to be lynched by feminists...

Yeah, they should be in the same show.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14