Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: -Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort  (Read 7557 times)

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:09 pm »

Alright, I'll be starting (And probably finishing) my turn today, just to keep everyone updated.

Edit: Sorry for the delay all. The FPS are extremely low for some reason, caught me completely off guard from my usual 200. x0 Something to do with transferring a save repeatedly? I'm almost at winter however, so regardless it'll be up soon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:12:34 pm by Dakkan »

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2010, 09:30:58 pm »

Waiting for save bump :o

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 09:32:49 pm »

Alright, I'll be starting (And probably finishing) my turn today, just to keep everyone updated.

Edit: Sorry for the delay all. The FPS are extremely low for some reason, caught me completely off guard from my usual 200. x0 Something to do with transferring a save repeatedly? I'm almost at winter however, so regardless it'll be up soon.
Save transferal shouldn't have any effect.
You might check if large areas are designated (for, say, smoothing), as that can increase lag quite a lot.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 11:58:44 pm »

You can check these things:
http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Lag

Once you post the save I'm sure someone will know what is causing it.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 11:21:53 pm »

Dakkan's Journal, Early Spring 204

I've been charged with the direction of this place, suddenly and for little reason. Already on the verge of desertation, my acceptance to this position was... reluctant. However I could not leave now that all eyes were upon me, and I had several... changes in mind.

Dakkan's Journal, Mid-Spring 204

The elves arrived today. Filthy bastards, we nearly had them too. Seconds before we could seize their goods, an ambush of goblins beat us to it. We put them down...

*Here the writing becomes haggard and hastily written*

Seige! A single large contingent of goblins are rushing the fortress as we speak, and I write this from my partially constructed tomb. I will emerge in a few days time, to either rejoin the fortress with a concocted excuse or grab enough provisions to last awhile longer, here in the dark.

The seige was broken. A previous ruler had the foresight to construct an array of lethal traps, killing enough of them to cause a retreat. The fallen foes will be resources in themselves... Must construct better surface defenses...

What day is it? Time eludes me lately, my mind keeps drifting to several veins of ore I stumbled across, captivating and enticing. Several miners informed me it's name... Cobaltite. Must request more miners.

Dakkan's Journal, Autumn 204

I was informed today of a second seige... strange, I didn't seem to notice. Most of my time has been spent whittling away in the dark with this new resource. No casualties, I was told. It doesn't concern me. My smelters inform me that this mineral is completely useless, and has begged me on several occasions to leave the stuff alone, but I cannot accept that this miraculous mineral has no function.

*The document begins to show many errors in grammar*

Dakkns Journel, Winter 2004

My smelters have refuzed to attempt to melt down this minerl, a process I am sure should yild something miracoolas, a as of yet unrecognized metal I shall call, cobalt! Until then I have started carving blok's from it. The masons showed reluktance at first, but when locked in a room for sevral days...  they were more willing to werk.

Cobalt... Cobalt.

And here it is. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1808
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:52:33 am by Dakkan »

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2010, 04:17:30 pm »

Damn bad timing for my turn D:
Can someone take my turn this round and ill do whatever turn when I get back.
Going to Ohio till Monday :o

Evondral

• Bay Watcher
  • Neckbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »

*bumps* If Defiance is skipping his turn, wouldn't our next-in-line be ungulateman?
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a -=Steel Bolt=- in the [Left Knee, the muscle is torn!].

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2010, 06:15:54 pm »

Sign me up for this Succession nonsense, if it isn't too late already. This place has a severe lack of tower.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:17:58 pm by Vincent »
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »

Sign me up for this Succession nonsense, if it isn't too late already. This place has a severe lack of tower.
Hehe, I'll be sure to start block production for you when my turn comes around.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:16:35 pm by bmaczero »
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2010, 01:16:41 am »

Well, this looks bad. If Dakkan, Mr. 6x7 Embark, is having lag problems, my 5-year old laptop is dead meat.

I'll try and get some stuff in.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2010, 07:53:15 am »

I have a PowerBook G4. Can I get two turns? Two EXTRA turns?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2010, 06:10:44 pm »

0_0

DownThemAll! makes the download stupidly quick.

Anyway, starting soon.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2010, 06:41:24 pm »

I have a PowerBook G4. Can I get two turns? Two EXTRA turns?
Desktop G5 here. I guess that means I get like four turns.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2010, 07:10:08 pm »

I've got the new 965 AMD processor, overclocked, so the FPS caught me off-guard. But I think the issue was with my reinstalled vanilla DF folder. If you already have a optimized DF install then this file SHOULD be fine for ya.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

Well, I'm getting 25-30 FPS on this piece of junk, so everyone else should be fine.

Diary of "ungulateman", Awesome Master

Having made my way to this hole in the ground...

I decided that this place could use a clean up. Consulting with the current manager, I ordered the mining out of some rooms for myself and any future nobles.

(Note: It looks different, this was an earlier shot.)

And decided to begin engraving the commoner's quarters.

The elves arrived to trade, as normal at this time of year.

(Note: I added Stone-Fall traps, so that the weapon traps aren't as likley to jam up with corpses.)

A goblin ambush sprung, and was swiftly dealt with.

A snatcher appeared, and unbeknownst to the military, who were guarding the interior, made off with a baby!

And all this in only 12 short days! I hope that myself and the mayor are up for this duty...

(Notes: I scared away one snatcher, but another one must have been with it and caught the child. No casualties from the ambush, and I started producing Billon goblets and ordered some furniture for the DM's rooms.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10