Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: -Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort  (Read 7544 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: -Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2010, 12:59:43 am »

I'm assuming you guys moved my snatcher/thief detecting animal-on-a-rope? Because that's kind of a necessity.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2010, 02:17:15 am »

Nope, didn't know any existed. People were gathering the ambush's equipment, and the gobbo pounced at just the right moment.

Also, I may not end up finishing my turn - I get easily distracted, personal things, school starting, massive amounts of LAGTASTIC JOY....
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2010, 11:19:40 pm »

Sorry gaiz / girlz, my CPU can;t handle the lag, I can;t handle the work and my family can't handle me. So skip over me, and ignore the whole baby-being-stolen thing.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:03 pm »

Guess I'm up then.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2010, 12:54:39 am »

Yay! I'm next! BTW, ungulateman, I have family and school problems too. You just need to learn how to deal with it.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2010, 02:16:31 am »

Here's the spring update.

7th Granite, 205

I have have been assigned the position of Lord of Scorhinghatchet, after my predecesor was involuntarily
retired due to his constant ranting about "Cobalt". Noticing our rather large supply of it, I decided
to put the waste of space into good use: the construction of my tomb made entirely of Cobalt Blocks
and Billion Fences with Golden Statues. I earned my legendary status well, and believe I am entitled
to this small luxury.

However the most disurbing thing I found about this fortress is simple: no booze. Finding the still, I set
it to produce brew only discover another thing: no free barrels. Since my father's time and his
father's time, lack of barrels has always been a bane on all of dwarven civilization. I can only hope
that the carpenters work fast or, loathe I say it, the elves come soon.

9th Granite, 205

Those ears of theres must contain some secret power, as just as I "wished for elves" they appear a mere two days later.

Along with the goblins.

The elves made it to the trade depot, then just as quickly ran. The invasion was decimated,
with only one soldier lost: Adil Amoststigil.

19th Felsite, 205

Goden Adilettest starts acting funny and takes over a Carpenter's Workshop. Later, he came out
shouting and holding a Highwood Door. Its name is Serkibadil, "Randomwalls", an odd name, but
appraised at 27600 so how can I complain. Perhaps I'll use it for my bedroom.

15th Hematite, 205

The human caravan has arrived. I hope I can requisition some barrels, if not booze, from them by trading
a few worthless trinkets.

20th Hematite, 205

Thank god for humans. I buy all their wood, meat and anything with the word barrel attached to it
and sell them a few silken gloves from our dead enemies will giveing them a nice profit.

We ask for more barrels, to make sure we do not run out again, as well as some meat and fish.
I can't speak for all of us but I'm a little tired of the all vegi diet. They request hats,
among other things. Very odd.

We see them off as we silently rejoice at our new booze supply.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2010, 05:42:19 am »

19th Malachite, 205

Construcion on my tomb is coming along something, and idlers are drafted into the construction
effort. I should have it done within the year.

15th Limestone, 205

Engravers Nil Godenrilem and Meng Migrurlogem married today, forgoing any form of formal celebrations
and the home caravan arrived. Time to replenish our booze supplies before winter.

We purchase the booze, meat and barrels again, since we ran out again. Hopefully my succesor will be able
to set up a good brewery system.

They request intruments and cloth as a desired commodity. Must be a wave of muses going through
the homestead.

28th Limestone, 205

It is finished, my mighty work is done. The Great Hanging Pyramid of Scorchinghatchet is complete.
My tomb towers of the landscape in all its microline glory, and gleams with its golden cap. And
it shall be ever warm is it hangs over the untapped magama pool. Glorious.

10th Timber, 205

Oddom Melbilnicat withdrew from society...

18th Timber, 205

...and created a Birchen Crown estimated at 31200.

4th Moonstone

The booze problem has been solved. With the spare barrels we now have from the traded barrels and wood,
as well as the second still, we are swimming in booze. Surly happiness is abound.

5th Opal, 205

Finally tired of listening to the Dungeon Master complain, we dug him out a grand set of rooms and
a tomb for him. He finally seems settled, but I know that with nobles, this won't last for long.
Even with Dungeon Masters.

As well, I have requested that the Main dining hall be completed and fully furnished. The masons
seem to love using Cobalt.

19th Obsidian, 205

Stakud Unibothsin has been possessed. He claimed a Mason's workshop and is demanding goods. I'll
try to requisition his supplies for him, but it may be up to my predecessor in a few days.

24th Obsidian, 205

The dining room is fully furnished and Stakud has begun construction on his work. all is well.

27th Obsidian, 205

Stakud has made a Cobalt Coffin, Ulenducim "The Lost Works". It is valued at 9600. It shall be used in my tomb.

1st Granite, 206

I shall now retire and enjoy the comforts made during my time, and gaze upon my magnificent tomb in wonderment.

Here is the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1822

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2010, 01:01:06 am »

Would someone be nice enough to name a dwarf after me? I stole the Dungeon Master, but since I didn't pass the save on, she isn't called that. So would whoever's up next gimme a dorf? 0~0

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »

sign me in 2
it be my first succesion game 2

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2010, 03:34:43 pm »

Cobaltite coffin?! Of course it's made after my insanity driven reign. Also the booze issue plagued me all year, all the barrels being full of plump helemts, and I didn't find out till the end of the year that that they were off for cooking so my lavish meal orders were being denied and I couldn't free the barrels up.

Evondral

• Bay Watcher
  • Neckbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »

I could imagine Dwarf Dakkan seething with anger over being denied an artifact -Cobaltite- coffin.

How's my little attention whore doing, by the way? Still engraving?
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a -=Steel Bolt=- in the [Left Knee, the muscle is torn!].

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2010, 08:12:05 pm »

All of them were. Alot by Ohgame and Mebuz, but had to destroy a few of theirs to expand the pyramid a bit. They were somewhat unhappy.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:20:59 pm by Gyron »

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2010, 11:29:44 pm »

So Darkond is up, right?
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2010, 01:57:24 am »

Sorry, didn't notice. I'll start right now.

EDIT: How do I work with .RAR's? I've never used them before, and this is my first community game.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:26:17 am by Darkond2100 »
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2010, 02:32:05 am »

Get Winrar or 7zip trial, open the rar with which ever you got and extract the files. Then place them in your save folder in the Dwarf Fortress folders (eg. C:/Dwarf Fortress/data/save/(region name - schorchinghatchet in this case/(all the files))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10