Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: -Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort  (Read 7547 times)

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -Yet To Be Named- Succesion Fort
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 10:58:49 pm »

That's what I was worried about, I'll keep looking for something smaller.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 11:53:12 pm »

I'd be okay with 7x7, but obviously almost everyone's computer would lag (even mine). I generally consider 5x5 to be a max upper limit when choosing sites.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:00 am »

I prefer 5x5 to 4x4 sites, myself. My computer is old, but heavily customised, so it can handle a bit of stress.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 04:04:37 am »

0_0

First world genned gives me a basically perefect 4x4 Joyous Wilds...Conifer Forest, with a stream. I'll try and find a Marsh/Swamp, but I have my hopes up.

EDIT: I found a similiar site, except this one has magma as well. I don't think it has Flux or HFS, but eh.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:39:51 am by ungulateman »
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 03:26:35 am »

Bump.

I'm most likely going to have to tweak with the world settings to get a good site. Now to work out how to set good parameters...

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 04:13:09 am »

Elevation under 300 and drainage less than 32 will give you a world of marshes, so tweak up the elevation to get mountains for dwarf civilizations to occur, along with high volcanism for frequent magma, and disable all the settings for throwing rejections.

That'll give you exactly what we're lookin' fer!

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 11:42:20 am »

And don't forget underwater for Tower-Caps. If we go somewhere with no trees but underground river, that'd make building outside much easier.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 07:28:50 pm »

Well, my most recently genned world has a giant Joyous Wilds ocean, and some Joyous Wilds forest. Oh, and just to piss me off, on one corner, there was a freshwater marsh...It was Terrifying.

I'll try your settings, Dakkan.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 08:17:07 pm »

My settings for the 3 desired good regions were 400, 1000, and 2000. Also volcanism min max 90 and 100 works fine. For savagery the lowest I could go was 0 to... I think 20 or 30 was the lowest.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:33:16 pm by Dakkan »

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 09:19:18 pm »

Disbale the settings for throwing world rejections what now?

Is that the "log map rejects" in .init, or another setting?

HAH.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'll zip up the world save and give you the search terms to find the good spot. It's Joyous Wilds mountains, with a Terrifying swamp next to it. Search for a 5x5 area, High savagery, Low evil, High rain, Low drainage, No aquifer, Yes river, Yes underground pool, and Yes magma pipe. Shift the map across a bit to get more swamp if preferred. If done right, you should have magma in the bottom right and at the top centre, and a river running through.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:53:23 pm by ungulateman »

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »

Joyous Wilds Mountains AND a Terrifying swamp? This should be interesting!   ;D

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 10:12:11 pm »

This should be VERY interesting! I can't wait to get playing.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 10:26:46 pm »

Uploaded! So, time to start, once the OP gets going.

How do I export images, by the way? It won't work on the embarkation screen.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 02:27:32 am »

You can take screen shots with alt+print screen and then paste it into MS Paint.

Or, if you're a mac user like myself, Command + Shift + 4 and drag the cursor over what you want to take a picture of. Should save to desktop.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 03:19:34 am »

Taking a look at it now.

Edit: No sand so glass will need to be imported, otherwise looks good. And I think it has a waterfall. Outside river hits a 2 -> 0 section.

Huh, just did the search with 'Other Features' and it came up with a place. A bit further down but not as obsidian rich. Still has the swamp in the upper right corner.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:34:47 am by Gyron »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10