Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: -Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort  (Read 7535 times)

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-Scorchinghatchet- Succesion Fort
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:05:50 am »

Well I have always wanted a go at one of these and hell I decided I shall make my own :D
No specific rules besides try not to save scum much.
I'm waiting to gen a world and choose layout/starting equip/mods once we get at least 7 people signed up :o
Goes by the standard Spring to Spring also we will rotate back in given there arent enough players to continue.
Current List
1.Doomshifter
2.TKGP
3.Evondral
4.Dakkan
5.Defiance
6.ungulateman
7.Gyron
8.Darkond2100
9.bmaczero
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:26:06 am by Defiance »

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -Yet To Be Named- Succesion Fort
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:15:59 am »

Count me in, bro.
May I recommend a rule of no mods? Makes it much easier to pass saves around and such.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 07:17:42 am »

Sure, I'll have a go. Do we have any sort of challenge/objective apart from survive? What is our time limit?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »

Well I didnt' want to impose a challenge without the original seven agreeing.
I thought it would be more fun if it was something we would all like to do.

Evondral

• Bay Watcher
  • Neckbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:41:40 pm »

I'm still kind of new to DF, but I've always wanted to try a succession fort. Count me in.

P.S. Do you permit the use of Labor Managers like Dwarf Therapist?
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a -=Steel Bolt=- in the [Left Knee, the muscle is torn!].

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:48:50 pm »

I'm in for a succession game, I've never done one before, and I need something to spice DF up for me. I'm also completely up for some sort of random challenge! :D Zombie Whale-shark wranglin' anyone? Well, maybe not that, but I'm up for any sort of obscure silly requirements we might want.

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55:49 pm »

We can use Therapist. (Hell, I was planning on using that!) :P
No Visualizer though, cause I don't want anyone finding adamant on their first day of playing by building a conveniently long tunnel that happened to lead to it and nothing else.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 04:30:54 pm »

Count me in. Whether or not I'll get to play is another question, but I should be able to.

Name a dwarf after me. ;)
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 05:05:00 pm »

I'm up for a succession. Looking for a new way to play this game.

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 02:38:51 pm »

Well we've got the seven to start.
Now we need the ideas as well as a seed or world gen everyone would like to use.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 03:20:04 pm »

Well I was thinking about a little more unusual of a location, such as a desert, swamp, or even just the savanna. Definitely some unusual wildlife too, either Serene, Sinister, Joyous Wilds, or Terrifying. Glacier is also okay with me, if someone else wanted that. As for landscape features the only thing I really would like is a Magma Vent, the rest is just bonus. Bottomless Pit would be nice though for dumping rock. I'll start genning now to see if I can get something interesting.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 09:00:38 pm »

A Joyous Wilds Freshwater Marsh would be nice - flowing water, preferably no aquifer, lots of soil for storage / farming, potential for a tower-cap farm, and interesting wildlife. I may start genning and see if I can find some.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Evondral

• Bay Watcher
  • Neckbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »

I'm good with anything as long as the map chosen isn't too difficult (I'm still not -that- good, after all)

One question I really want to ask, though: Can/Will we be using 0-value room rent? That's one thing that always seems to give me trouble, room rent.
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a -=Steel Bolt=- in the [Left Knee, the muscle is torn!].

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »

Well I managed to find a pretty nice spot, it fits your idea perfectly ungulateman, it's got flowing water,  freshwater marsh, Joyous Wilds, and ALL special land features. But it has to be at least 6 x 7, but I recommend 7x7 to get more marsh.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 10:32:49 pm »

6x7 and 7x7 is way way too big for a lot of people's computers.  Mine, to be precise.  Honestly there isn't a lot you can do with 7x7 that you can't do with 3x4.  Yeah it's easier to find more features in a bigger area but making do without having absolutely every feature is half the fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10