Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: TBS-Interstellar Operations Turn 5: New Hope, New Ship  (Read 5303 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: TBS-Interstellar Operations Turn 0: Trial By Fire
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »

You are so right. I read squadron as fleet. Will change that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:59:41 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 04:45:09 pm »

I don't think you have a fleet.  I think you've got just one ship.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 05:33:28 pm »

Note: You're in a squadron, not commanding it. You the lowest of the low on the command totem pole. However, if you perform well in battle and your superiors suffer... unfortunate accidents (NOTE: Your superiors have a suprising tendency to wear red), you might just advance in the ranks and command something a little nicer. It's gonna be like this.

Gunship->Squadron of Gunships->Corvette->Corvette+Squadron of Gunships->Squadron of corvettes+Squadron of Gunships->FRIGATE (This will be a major point, as you will have BIG GUNZ)->Frigate+Squadron of Corvettes->Frigate Group->Frigate Group+Squadrons of Corvettes->Destroyer. This is a hell to the yes moment. You have your first capital ship, with massive killing power under your control.

Now Capital Ship Tree.
Destroyer->Destroyer Group->Cruiser->Cruiser Group->Heavy Cruiser->Heavy Cruiser group->Heavy Cruiser FleetBattlecruiser->Battlecruiser group->Battlecruiser fleet->Battlecruiser large fleet->Battleship Battlegroup->Battleship fleet->Battleship large fleet->Battleship Huge fleet

Cruiser Group->Patrol Carrier*->Patrol Carrier Fleet(1 Patrol Carrier, frigates, corvettes)->Assault Carrier->Assault Carrier Group(1 Assault Carrier, destroyers, frigates, corvettes)->Assault Carrier Fleet->Supercarrier battlegroup->Supercarrier Fleet-> Supercarrier large Fleet->Supercarrier Huge Fleet

*(You have fighters at your disposal now. Use them wisely. I'm talking serious micro-management, as you'll have three squadrons at your disposal now. Basically, if you want extreme micromanagement and don't mind telling me exactly what you want your battlefleet to do, then the carrier is the right way to go.)

When you guys get to cruisers, you're gonna see a difference. Pirate base sieges, raiding of space stations, possibly even planetary invasion. Once you guys have reached the Battleships and Supercarriers, pretty much nothing can stop you. Having literally tens of thousands of people under your command, you will be organizing your fleet into groups, and having space battles on an epic scale, having hundreds of ships on both sides. If you die, everyone else around you will die or go blind from the explosion. Jus' sayin.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
Re: TBS-Interstellar Operations Turn 1: CONTACT
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »

Battle tactics: Attack from front lower left corner. Focus with Beam Emitters on big threats with shield, Missiles when shields are down and Missiles on anything that focus fire on us. Strays will be left alone.

...->Patrol Carrier*->...

...*(You have fighters at your disposal now. Use them wisely. I'm talking serious micro-management, as you'll have three squadrons at your disposal now. Basically, if you want extreme micromanagement and don't mind telling me exactly what you want your battlefleet to do, then the carrier is the right way to go.)...

This is what I love.

I also like the fact that you took time to write down the ship trees. Better overview and alot easier for me to fantasize epic battles with.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 02:09:19 am »

Engage a Frigate with the other members of the squadron, keep near the rear and try to disable to shields. Look for hardpoints that are easy to shoot, keep to the rear of the frigate and where it has the least guns. Once shields are down target the engines with missiles and disable them. Keep moving. Next hit weapons, usually flying under the ship and flying around it.

Keep moving and finally, USE TEAMWORK.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 07:17:11 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »

Bumpity bumpity bump bump bump, bump bump! Inteuniso, you seem to have forgotten about your thread!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »

No, I haven't. I had you guys all ready and everything, and I was clearing up my running programs, and I accidentally shut the one with this topic. D'oh! Anyways, I'll get it up, just being a bit lazy.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 05:06:19 pm »

Surely not. No way would this die in just one single turn.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
TBS-Interstellar Operations Turn 2: OH GOD THE BURNING
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 08:35:16 pm »

No, it's not dead. Here's the second turn.

Turn 2:OH GOD THE BURNING

Your battalion moves closer to the enemy fleet. You begin to take flak, and some of the gunships go down, but for the most part, the battalions intact. (47)

Spoiler: Fearless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unyielding (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vigilant (click to show/hide)

If discouraged by your results, read on.
Spoiler: Fleet (click to show/hide)

God, I feel bad now. Your first combat turn, and... oh god, it's just hard to think about. I'll give you guys... something. Don't worry.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: TBS-Interstellar Operations Turn 2: OH GOD THE BURNING
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 08:52:31 pm »

It seems we all lived up to our ships names.

Fearlessly I charged into the flak frigate, crippling it.

Unyeilding, KineseN charged into the fleet, he never gave an inch even when heavily damaged, only pulling back when command so.

Vigilant, x2yzh9 charged into the fleet, watching, he was the only one of his squadron to make it.

Anyway, action:

Pull back and regroup.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 09:01:09 pm »

OOOOHHH MY GAAAAWWWD! That is so awesome. In no forum game I've been in has been this brutal ever. This is great. And it's just turn 2.

Will provide an action later, can't think straight when it's so late here. 3:00 AM here, good night.

Ninja Edit: Do the same, retreat and regroup. Only I do some pot shots Man no weapons.  :-\

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 09:44:00 pm »

Wow. Really glad you like it. I'll try to get turns in every 24 hours, but more likely it's gonna be 48.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »

With permission of the CO, pull the Vigilant into drydock for exstensive repairs and re-arming of ordnance, as well as replacing any organic casualties suffered. While the ship is being repaired, address the crew.

"Crew, we barely made it out of there. You likely lost friends, possibly family members serving on this ship. But we survived. You know why? You were vigilant, compared to everyone else in our fleet who died. We made it. We prevailed, and life will go on. I want you all to know that every single one of you commited to this, and in turn we lived. I don't know what lies ahead of us, crew. I do know, however, that we will succeed at every turn. Every fight, every battle! Now, i recommend you go and take a trip to the doctors before getting whatever at any of the ships in the Starbase. I'm going to go check with the CO about new orders. Dismissed."

Go talk to the CO and ask him if we have any new objectives.

P.S.:I wonder what the gunships look like.. Hm...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 10:05:53 pm »

Your CO is dead. The Firm thought it wise to make you the new CO. Congratulations, an entire squadron of one gunship is under your command.

Note: Deaths of your CO or remarkable performance in battle will most likely merit you a promotion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6