Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: X3 Terran Conflict  (Read 100343 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X3 Terran Conflict
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2010, 07:55:56 pm »

SPACEWEED

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2010, 08:27:38 pm »

Is there any way i can outfit some of these cheapo ships to do automagic trading? Flying around buying shit at low prices and selling it at higher prices?

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2010, 09:08:26 pm »

Fully automatic trading requires trade software MK III, which probably cost twice what the ships are worth. So not really a profitable road to follow. However, having one repaired/shielded travelling to high tech stations looking for bargain can be very profitable while requiring little management.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2010, 09:45:32 pm »

Rats.

Owell, i'll finish kitting out mah Xenon L with big guns and then i shall go explode dudes.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »

Right, A couple missions, another stolen Shrike and my UT's helping too I'm back up to 30 Mil.  :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »

What's a UT?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2010, 10:07:59 pm »

What's a UT?

Universal Trader. Once a ship using Trade Software MkIII uses sector trading enough it reaches a level where it's able to become  Universal Trader with a much larger trading range.

On that note, does anyone know if the revamp to trading in TC 2.5 makes this little gem of a mod pointless?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=222408
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2010, 11:01:34 pm »

Hmm, i appear to be having weapons issues, namely it's impossible to find decent ones that can fire for more than 5 seconds before running out of power :C

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2010, 11:37:01 pm »

Hmm, i appear to be having weapons issues, namely it's impossible to find decent ones that can fire for more than 5 seconds before running out of power :C

What ship are you using? I'm not familiar with Terran weapons, or most new/modified weapons in TC for that matter, so probably can't help much. Most ship can't use the strongest weapon they can mount without running out of power quickly. So either look for something weaker or change the way you're fighting: quick burst instead of continuous stream of fire. Also, depending on the number of weapon you can mount, you could have different weapon setups.

Currently on my M3 (barracuda vanguard, so crappy energy recharge) I use 4 HEPT for fighting M3 and above or quick killing of M4; also have 4 Phased repeater gun (IIRC the name) for M4/5. I never really run low on energy, except doing the story mission in Terran space because the amount of ships in there kill my FPS faster than the Ns they are try to hit; thus making me shoot with similar accuracy.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2010, 11:47:39 pm »

I've got a saved game with a Xenon L class, which is tougher than my starting Terran ship, but slower and can't mount my awesome 300,000 credit terran plasma gun thingies.

My starting ship can mount 2 more plasma gun thingies, but i need to grind my terran rep up a bit, which is tricky, cause terran bases don't seem to have many attack missions.

So i'm stumped, i think i'm going to have to go gind some Terran rep, they seem to have all the good stuff.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2010, 01:47:07 am »

Hmm, if you need level 3 trading software to auto trade, what does level 1 and 2 software do?

Actually what does all the software do? The game refuses to tell me.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2010, 03:29:08 am »

Hmm, if you need level 3 trading software to auto trade, what does level 1 and 2 software do?

Actually what does all the software do? The game refuses to tell me.

Well for one they allow you to issue different commands to shios

Off hand I know that Fight command software Mk2 allows you to turn on autoaim which allows you to be alot less exact in your aiming since it auto adjusts your turrets and fires them with the proper lead.

Trading System extension allows you to trade with other ships.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2010, 03:32:32 am »

I don't know exactly what each software does either. However, to add to what Rilder said about FSMKII, I'll mention that FSMKI is required to direct drones, so might be useful for UT (universe traders buy drones by themselves).

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2010, 03:58:15 am »

I usually just fit everything I can, not that expensive to anyways.
Steam Profile

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2010, 05:35:34 am »

Doesn't the trading system extension let you trade remotely?  That is, without being in the ship you can open it's cargo hold and sell stuff / buy stuff at whatever station it's docked at?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24