Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: X3 Terran Conflict  (Read 100338 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: X3 Terran Conflict
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2010, 12:23:18 am »

Yeah till he hits level 8, make sure to give him a jumpdrive.

Also Empires Edge is by far the best spot for training STs.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2010, 03:34:01 am »

But Empire's Edge requires you to have a good reputation with the Paranids. You can't even dock in the core sectors (like Empire's Edge) unless you increase your reputation. Shooting some Pirates or Xenon does the trick.

There is also a great Boron sector for a Sector Trader. I think 3 sectors east of their home sector. Damn, I'm getting rusty. I used to know pretty much all of those sectors. Time for a new monsterpc and a new Terran conflict run!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2010, 06:31:38 am »

Well I'm Honor guard of Xaar in my game... sooo...  speaking of I need to get out my M7M one of these and sabotage that rank a bit for profitssss.

In other news the ACCS Sword of the Lady Megan(Megan is my GF's name :P) has joined Ryel Durak's Ares Corporation Fleet!

Look at those babies fire! Pretty sure that 4 of those PPC bursts can take out an m6 and the Thresher can put on 10.  :P

Still need to get ahold of two more PPC's and a Few Flak Cannons, a 1gj shield, and maybe a few other weapons for the side turrets, then she will be ready to kick ass!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:36:30 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2010, 06:57:21 am »

I still have no idea where to go from here.

I think i'll just follow the storyline campaign for awhile.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2010, 07:56:24 am »

My Autopilot flew me into an Asteroid :C

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2010, 08:06:33 am »

The autopilot is an Argonian gerbil in a box, with a child's drawing of the sector, a pedal, and a stick. Don't trust it not to ram you into objects at random while you're in seta mode.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2010, 09:33:52 am »

The autopilot is an Argonian gerbil in a box, with a child's drawing of the sector, a pedal, and a stick. Don't trust it not to ram you into objects at random while you're in seta mode.

Right, the AI's object avoidance does not operate at the multiplied speed, so if you are autopiloting in a dense sector you might want to turn the multiplier down to 300% to 500%.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:09 am »

What I did in my game was get like 6-7 UT's going while i buggered around making money myself (Combat missions mostly)

This.  Try to find station defense missions.  Early in the game they're pretty much fail proof.  But the best part is, the enemy ships that come to attack it will ignore you completely until you start shooting them.  So pick a target, get behind him and unload, pick new target and repeat until finished. You get bonus creds for each ship you destroy.  Getting them to bail of course is more profitable still.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2010, 10:35:34 am »

Gehehehehe, attack missions are awesome. Take mission, steal all the ships that attack, get money from mission AND from selling ships.

Also i now have 4 Xenon L class ships. Wat should i do with them, since they seem to be substantially better than my starting ship, i think i need to gear at least one up and swap out.

--EDIT--

Also, i came out of a portal just in time to witness a GIGANTIC ship crash right into it, exploding violently and leaving behind TONS OF GOODIES.

:D

==EDIT2==

Holy shit, the main storyline just threw 8 freaking pirates at me at once. Neruz needs bigger guns.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:42:50 am by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:53 pm »

Ok, seriously, what am i supposed to do with all these ships other than sell them? It seems like such a waste to just sell off a perfectly good fleet.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2010, 12:18:02 pm »

If you have the cash, you can dock them at an equipment yard and load them up with navigation and autopilot systems, and have them follow and fight with you.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:13 pm »

You can dock them at high profit stations, filling up their dock space and preventing AI traders from accessing them, then you can sneak in and and trade when the profit margin maxes out.
I used to keep one of each kind in a safe dock and sell the rest to outfit my main ships.
Once you have a spacedock of your own, you can reverse engineer them in order to mass produce them later.
With the right chips you can use them as wingmen to distract enemy fighters.
There are plenty of things to do with them.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2010, 12:53:48 pm »

X3: Reunion question:

I've managed to earn 750 k credits and have 2 fully upgraded Mercurys, which I'm piloting myself at the moment.
I'm not quite sure which station to buy first.
I could produce wheat in Three Worlds and sell it to the Boron (some competition there though).
Producing plankton in Atreus Clouds and selling it to the Argon (same here).
Or I could produce Bo Gas in Menelaus Frontier and sell it to the Teladi (least competition here I think).

Am I right acting on the assumption that race specific factories can only be build in their territory?

And I read that I have to assign 2 transporters to a factory.
Are these two then automatically controlled, or am I still able to give them orders to do some along the way trading?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2010, 03:03:10 pm »

Its been quite a while since I last played, but IIRC you can build stations anywhere. Its just that it costs a lot more if you are using hired transports.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2010, 04:06:28 pm »

Yeah you can build stations anywhere, you can also build spaceweed and space fuel factories even if the products are illegal in the sector your building it in. Its just not legal for you to sell the products yourself so you have to set it to 1cr under average price and let the AI buy from you.

Edit:

> Ride exploding Xenon K like mechanical bull.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:43:19 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24