Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: X3 Terran Conflict  (Read 100340 times)

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: X3 Terran Conflict
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 12:23:27 am »

Tractor beam ;D
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2010, 03:14:08 am »

Oh man, the predecessor to this game, X2: The Threat was the game that gave me wet dreams! I could play it smoothly on my old rig (P4, GeForce FX5950, 1GB RAM). I love the concept of building your way up from that puny M5 to owning a fleet of capital ships and a series of factories. Had my empire spread across the vast galaxy!

Then came X3. My rig struggled to run it and due to difficulties in getting playable FPS, I gave up on that game. To this day, I'm still looking forward to the day when I finally get a rig that can play X3. Considering I'm a recent graduate that is still jobless, it won't happen anytime soon.  :'(
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2010, 07:35:40 am »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:42 am »

I can't work this game out. I got lost during the docking part of the tutorial and crashed into a space station :C

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2010, 09:15:42 am »

The tractor beam is tricky so dont run off and get one yet, read this: http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/ Download the "X3 Handbook v4 Zip, then look at page 189 for the basics of where to buy and what ship to put it on.

However, also read page 378, this gives a great overview of mining in general. In reality, it is better IMO to manually pick up ore, shields down, hatch open until you can get the software that is mentioned in the guide. The nmining is automated for you, provided you have a second ship

Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2010, 09:23:49 am »

Has anyone here tried being a massive dick and parking one of those huge Paranid transporters really close to the event horizon of a gate, and tilted so that the main body blocks most of it?

If the shields are good enough, nothing can get through, as any ship either explodes or just rebounds off of it, back through the gate.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2010, 10:44:26 am »

Also there is a pause in X3:R and TC, press the Pause/Break button on your keyboard, also unless you have it set otherwise alt-tabbing pauses the game too.

But as I recall, you can't do anything while paused - not even to try to figure out the commands. Maybe that's different with the full game, but the whole point of a demo is to see if I want to buy the game.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2010, 10:51:05 am »

I can't work this game out. I got lost during the docking part of the tutorial and crashed into a space station :C

You know neruz...

't' while looking at the station (or clicking on the icon) -> 'u'.

Done.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2010, 11:19:10 am »

WCG

The controls are not easy to pick up, I have played for over a year and still don't know all the commands. I know nothing about the demo, but I can say that the game is really huge, and I doubt that a demo can give you an accurate impression of what it is like anyway. It is often very frustrating, there are still some bugs, which makes it even more of a pain in the ass. I dont know what exactly you are trying to figure out in the demo, but one way of examining the controls in a safe place is to dock, then open options (ESC). Use the auto dock command if it is availible in the demo, just click on a station in the sector map view or directly while flying and select dock at. It will likely take you about a week to feel comfortable with all the basics, and about 2 months or so to really be on you feet.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »

X3: EVE Without The Bad Parts (other human beings).
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2010, 02:35:26 pm »

Has anyone here tried being a massive dick and parking one of those huge Paranid transporters really close to the event horizon of a gate, and tilted so that the main body blocks most of it?

If the shields are good enough, nothing can get through, as any ship either explodes or just rebounds off of it, back through the gate.

A TL probably won't cut it, but I'd imagine many fun times could be had with their M2. You'll lose rep, sadly.

Although if you're lucky with a solar power plant build mission, you can place it blocking the gate and won't lose rep. :P

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »

When you can afford to put a ship of that size in front of a gate, you don't give a damn about rep.
Or at least, I don't, as I claimed that empty sector near Split space as my home sector. I'm in the late game stuff now, with gigantic complexes in that sector building the ships of my favorite races, missiles, factory complexes producing weapons, not to mention a whole armadas worth of ships.

Maybe I'll continue the main story someday... Although I feel it would be to easy with a fleet to back me up.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2010, 08:58:37 pm »

Got a return ship mission, a shrike.

Claimed it, jumped it to a ship yard and sold it for 11 mil. Now paranoid that a battlefleet is gonna jump in on me so bumming around in my M6 while stuff cools down, bought my Ares though!

Now to try and find some missiles and a few boarding pods for it to get her combat ready, then its off to find some ship to capture.

Planning to find a nice unknown sector to lay claim to as a base of operations too, at least temporarily.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:16 pm »

I would Naxza, buy the hauler. I don't care for falcons myself. Bottom line is what can make more cash, and that is the hauler to be sure.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2010, 04:41:16 am »

You know neruz...

't' while looking at the station (or clicking on the icon) -> 'u'.

Done.

What station? I couldn't even find the station it told me to dock at, none of the station names matched the name i was given.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24