Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28152 times)

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2010, 05:13:21 am »

Hillburra sees the incompleteness of His destruction of the evil tower of Beanchubbs and decides to finish the job, lest more of his creations be distracted from the eternal feast. He snakes down from the cosmos and eats the scattered chunks of the tower, his divine bowels then cleanse the tower remnants of their taint.

Having been cleansed they are then deposited out of Hillburra's bowel as He squats over the gaping hole in the Earth left by the tower and uses His divine excrement as spackle. This is to close over the dangerous hole in the Earth lest animals fall in whilst hunting and can no longer feast or be feasted upon.

Hillburra devours the left over tower bits to remove the taint.
Hillburra craps the tower fragments back into the hole they came from to plug the hole in the planet.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2010, 05:27:16 am »

Your vote please. Or should I just take it as a Nay?

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2010, 05:55:19 am »

My bad, I meant to vote for a new AEON to begin.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2010, 06:07:47 am »

Greenleaf appears before the largest gathering of elves and proclaims himself as their maker. He shows them ways to worship, and teaches them the meanings of faith and punishment. For if He is happy, then the elves will recieve boons.

Greenleaf teaches religion to the elves

The woodland god then grants the elves the power of magical cultivation. This ability lets them grow things with innate skill, faster and stronger than a wild plant.

Greenleaf grants his elves the powers to quickly grow and develop stronger plants

As the vote is called Greenleaf looks upon the world, and hopes that his creations will survive. He casts his vote in allowance of the AEON shift.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2010, 07:18:19 am »

Geb visits the temporary camp that the dwarves have set up in the cavern, appearing above them in person. Without a word, he glances over each dwarf one by one, healing their wounds and restoring the shape of their pick. Having made clear that he does not intend to attack, he speaks.

"These caverns are my sacred home. The naga are my creation and are my guests here. Respect their existence, and respect my home and you may live here as guests also. You need not assist my work, but if you hinder it, you will be exiled from here."

With that, the lizard god flicks his tail and swims away, forcing knowledge of the Naga's language into the minds of several of the less important dwarves as he departs, leaving the group to make their decision.

Geb heals the dwarves and repairs their pick.
Geb turns several miners into translators.

Also, I vote yes on ending the Aeon here.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:27 am »

((sorry about being horribly indecisive. I'll avoid that later.))
And 100killer9 decides that the crystal was just not big enough as is. So, the cats find themselves able to control the crystal, to make it grow into any shape. They did not deplete the crystal already there, just grew more. Though the crystal was harder than diamond, the cats could use their power to bend the crystal into the most subtle of shapes. They could also grow structures for themselves, if they needed to grow. They could also erase crystal with their minds in case they made a mistake in creating something.
100killer9 gives cats the ability to control the crystal.
And with that, 100killer9 decides that the aeon should end.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2010, 09:14:41 am »

Geb, I thought there were only two miners left.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2010, 01:16:00 pm »

I think there were only 2 un-injured miners left. There were a few more I believe.

Not knowing of Geb's interaction with his dwarves. Beanchubbs seeks to create more mortals to do his deeds. With his dwarves being easily taken over by others, he looked for a stronger material. He went to the depths of the earth, and finds metal. He then crafts a being far stronger than his dwarves from it. They are taller than the dwarves. Their muscles bulged in their thick, green hide. He then sends them off to mountains, where they will be able to thrive without having to worry about the dragons and elephants ravaging this land.
Beanchubbs creates orcs.

Edit: I also vote for an AEON.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:18:39 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »

Is healing the miners AND repairing their pick one or two ACTs?

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2010, 02:18:43 pm »

I don't think this is overstepping the bounds since both the pick and the injuries are trivial things. I could have phrased it as "geb repairs the damage done earlier" maybe, but the guideline is supposed to be significance, not grammar.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2010, 02:26:06 pm »

Ok. I've been attempting much more exploiting of the rules than you have anyway. I haven't been sucessful, but still.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2010, 08:07:53 am »

I think we all voted for a new AEON to begin, I wonder what the multiverse will be like when we get to return to it.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2010, 08:27:10 am »

We've only made two planets. Yours is more of an asteroid, but still. I wouldn't really call it a multiverse. If it was a multiverse, we could all make our own or claim our own universes at any time.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2010, 08:30:52 am »

Quote from: hillburra
I wonder what the multiverse will be like when we get to return to it.

My guess is that this is going to roughly follow the religious book format, so we've had the creation story chapter and now move onto mythology. We might end up losing our power to make major geography changes...

Edit: I wonder whether we can use Acts as prophecy, using up mystical Act power in the present to have its effect triggered by events in the future.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:35:11 am by Geb »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2010, 09:36:20 am »

To recap, we have underground caverns of water with nagas and a few dwarves, a giant crystal with cats and a few dwarves rising out of the ground, and two continents, one with plants, and the other with elves, orcs, dragons, elephants, and sentient plants.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25