Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28138 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2010, 05:12:30 pm »

Oh, and the crystal is slightly harder than diamond.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2010, 05:19:32 pm »

How would they murder my tower? It is made of rock.   :D

Roots can squeeze into rock quite easily, especially magically enhanced speedy growth types. >.> But it's not like the tower did anything specifically to me and mine. ;) yet.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2010, 05:21:15 pm »

Realizing the futility of trying to save his dwarves anymore, Beanchubbs turns his eyes to the surface, away from the ravaged land of the pure continent. He looks to the land where elephants and dragons reign supreme. In the middle of a great plain, he stands, looks around, and nods. He strikes his axe once again upon these lands and a great crack forms. From the crack the firey pits of hell can be seen. The surrounding life stops for a few moments, as a great rumbling is felt below their feet. A few seconds later, a great spire juts out of the ground. It is made of a stone as black as the void the gods were made in, and is so tall it scrapes the skies of the planet. From the tower radiates an evil so great, all of the surrounding plants die, and the animals are twisted and corrupted into unrecognizable beasts.

Beanchubbs creates a great evil tower on the world.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2010, 07:18:44 pm »

Still, it didn't specifically harm anyone, except any living thing that happened to be nearby when it sprouted out from hell  ;D
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

Ok, I'll cover both continents with uranium. Not soecifically harming anyone, just killing everything.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2010, 09:18:09 pm »

Sounds like a plan.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2010, 10:27:09 pm »

Is there even life left on my continent? I know the trees were almost all felled, but still.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2010, 10:30:04 pm »

Hillburra sees Beanchubbs create a tower of festering evil on the planet, in itself not against his wishes but the aura radiating from the tower must be stopped. It is twisting the animals, turning them away from the endless feast. To punish Beanchubbs for his insolence Hillburra materializes unpopped popcorn kernels within every bit of unoccupied space within the tower.

Hillburra then directs the Sun to shine particularly strongly on the tower of Beanchubbs, blowing it up from the inside with ever expanding popcorn and creating a great feast for the surrounding wildlife.

Hillburra fills Beancubbs tower with popcorn.
Hillburra heats the popcorn causing the tower to explode.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2010, 10:57:34 pm »

Hillaburra, why not just give every creature the ability to summon food at whim (except elves, unalterable f***s)? That's food and convenient. Or is having everything eat each other (and yummy popcorn) just more fun?

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2010, 12:03:37 am »

If every creature could summon food at will what would I do with the rest of my acts?
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2010, 12:08:07 am »

Create more planets. Fill them with twinkies. Invent space travel.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2010, 12:28:46 am »

Beanchubbs is sad.  :'( He goes down to see the remnants of his tower, grabs some of this 'popcorn' and eats it. Beanchubbs finds the corns that were popped delicious. Beanchubbs is happy now.  :)

Edit: Just so you know, you did not close the pit to hell. Just making sure you know this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:31:14 am by Beanchubbs »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:54 am »

So he only got the medium ending? Also, there's a game on the rpol.net forums for this. Run, waiting list people, run!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:51:19 am by 100killer9 »

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2010, 01:45:38 am »

In other news, the 1st level of hell has been experiencing some showers recently. Unlike the rain of pain and suffering like usual, small white puffs have been coming from the sky. The ravenous demons there have hoarded the puffs and are devouring them. Many of them are beginning to look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's it for weather, back to you Satan.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2010, 04:58:52 am »

And 100killer9 creates a spire of crystal for the cats and their minions. The cats are originally suspicious of the suddenly appearing tower, but then decide that it must be a gift from their creator. As such the cats and dwarves settle down in the tower.

And Greenleaf saddened by the loss of the dragons, creates elves, and scatter them across the world. Created from demon blood as they are, the elves that set down on the Continent of Protection suffer a horrible burning death.

And Greenleaf teaches the elves the art of war. And the elves learn how to kill trees and other plants to make bows from their innards. This knowledge is sorely needed, for the elves are outsized by many creatures, elephants, dragons, elk and oak trees. Despite their knowledge, many elves die every year from the hostile environment. Because of their knowledge, enough elves survive to keep the population stable, and even growing a bit. The elves watch the ravage that the elephants and dragons put upon the world, and know that if it is to continue, even elves will struggle to find food in the future. So they begin to specifically target the large beasts. This, however, puts additional strain on the elves. Any more, and the population will start to dip.

And Beanchubbs erects a tower of evil on the Continent of Despair. And the tower begins to twist and kill the life around it. Mutated beasts strike out from the area around it. One in particular is frighting, the enormous, fused remnants of a herd of elephants that strayed to close. Luckily there is but one, for no life survive in its wake as it roams across the continent.

And Hillburra destroys the tower. Though the aura of corruption fades, each fragment of the tower is still strongly corruptive, bringing death and mutation to any life that touches it. A forest grows up around the remains of the tower, but the clearing of the tower is lifeless, and occasionally an animal accidentally ventures into the clearing, touching a stone block, and leaving as a mutated beast. Thus the owl bear comes into existence.

AND ARMOK RISES FROM HIS THRONE. AND HE DECLARES THAT HE WISH THE END OF THIS AEON, AND CALLS UPON THE GODS TO VOTE.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Each god casts one vote. You are still allowed to use ACTs, to continue your work, or get off any last-minute ACTs.
((What happened to Beanchubbs' old rock?))
It is still in space, floating between the stars.
Greenleaf shields his Elves from divine corruption
It is impossible to shield anything from the direct power of an ACT. As such the ACT has been returned to you. A viable strategy keep it at hand to counteract any ACT after the fact. Ressurect those that has been killed, decontaminate those that has been corrupted, etc.
((Can I change my act? No one had made another act yet as of this edit, so it doesn't affect anything.))
A better strategy would be to carefully consider your ACT, before posting. I'll also feel free to ignore any extra information that does not appear in the ACT post itself.
From the crack the firey pits of hell can be seen.
I'm treating this as an artistic flourish, actually describing one of Geb's redhot scale fragments. Reason being that noone has actually created hell.
Is there even life left on my continent? I know the trees were almost all felled, but still.
Some trees toppled. They grow up again. New trees grow. There are plenty of other plants. No lack of plantlife on the Continent of Protection.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25