Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28145 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2010, 09:40:38 am »

(I meant that cats can fly on their own, carrying their hosts in their mouths if they had a host. If you were invoking wrath of armok, fine.)
100killer9 had been planning attack all along. He had not wanted to send in his cats. Oh no. Why else would he give cats flying? Because the cats needed a way to escape. 100killer9 first sent out a jolt on his continent, sending the cats flying off, knowing to be themselves in danger like all animals do. They escape, while the earthquake begins. There is wild shaking, and the dwarven tunnels are destroyed, along with much land wildlife (colateral damage). The cats witnessed the strange destruction from above. When the shaking stopped, the tunnels had caved in, and the dwarves were trapped in the islands of discomfort.
100killer9 creates an earthquake. The cats manage to fly off safely but the dwarven tunnels are 100% caved in.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2010, 12:51:51 pm »

Beanchubbs sees what 100killer9 did, and is most displeased. He realizes his dwarves only chance of surviving is killing the Naga. They would most likely be killed by Geb, but they would still be able to go down swinging. So Beanchubbs materializes armor onto his dwarves body. Helmets, chestplates, greaves, highboots, armgaurds, and shields. This metal he creates is as light as a feather, but thrice as strong as the steel their picks were made out of. Knowing his dwarves would be destroyed one way or another, whether it be by the hands of Geb or 100killer9, so he withdraws to his home in the void and plans...
Beanchubbs creates armor for the miners that is as light as a feather and 3x stronger than steel.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2010, 01:20:22 pm »

Beanchubbs sees what 100killer9 did, and is most displeased. He realizes his dwarves only chance of surviving is killing the Naga. They would most likely be killed by Geb, but they would still be able to go down swinging. So Beanchubbs materializes armor onto his dwarves body. Helmets, chestplates, greaves, highboots, armgaurds, and shields. This metal he creates is as light as a feather, but thrice as strong as the steel their picks were made out of. Knowing his dwarves would be destroyed one way or another, whether it be by the hands of Geb or 100killer9, so he withdraws to his home in the void and plans...
Beanchubbs creates armor for the miners that is as light as a feather and 3x stronger than steel.

I still think there's hope for a miner/naga alliance. Before that though, the naga don't have much in the way of stabby or smashy weapons, they fight with magically controlled water pressure...
That armour might not help much if it leaks through the gaps.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2010, 01:31:00 pm »

I didn't see any attempts at another thread (though I may have just missed it), so can I get on the waiting list for future rounds?

Org is a deity secretly venerated by kobolds. He often takes the form of a giant cave spider and is associated with darkness, confusion, fear and secrecy.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2010, 01:41:44 pm »

And Geb intervenes, sudden water pressure compressing the pick and Edzul's hand into sphere of metal and blood, before the pick can pierce Silrazth's heart. The dwarves recoil in fear and confusion. The Naga react in much the same way. And then a fierce shaking disturbs the cave, sending stones clattering and rustling the kelp forests. But the effect in the Islands of Discomfort is nothing compared to that on the Continent of Protection. Trees tumble, tunnels collapse, dwarves die (no animals though, given the fact that there are no animals on the Continent of Protection). All of the dark dwarves that remained in their own tunnels die, the final pick lost deep underground. On the surface, the cats take to the sky, as trees collapse all around them. The surface dwarves are left behind, many dying, including the six original dwarves.

As the dust settles, the cats return, numbing the dwarves minds, removing any sorrow they might have felt for their dead comrades. Several dwarves, deemed too injured to be useful, are euthanized by axe. The blood of dwarves soak the ground and underground. The cats, deeming the continent too dangerous for continued living, direct the dwarves towards the sea, there to build a raft to take them away from these lands.

The remaining dark dwarves retreat, though they aren't being followed by the Naga. Regrouping at the tunnel the Naga had crafted to the surface, they do what they can for Edzul's hand, then plan their next move. They find that their own tunnel has collapsed, and without the pick they cannot reopen it. Suddenly they find themselves encased in armor, and attacking the Naga becomes a prospect again. And so they do, only to this time by swept away by a tidal wave of the Nagas devising. In the end, the dwarves settle down in one end of the cave, within striking distance of the Naga village. The Nagas do not wish to hurt the dwarves, being of a peaceful nature themselves, but still develop enhanced techniques to pacify opponents with their water mastery.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I meant that cats can fly on their own, carrying their hosts in their mouths if they had a host. If you were invoking wrath of armok, fine.)
Oh, the cats can fly on their own. Never said otherwise. They just chose to not do so in everyday life, lazy creatures as they are.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:44:49 pm by rubberduck »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2010, 02:25:06 pm »

((Also, there are still some mind-controlled dwarves left? At least enough to breed more?))
((Can I change my act? No one had made another act yet as of this edit, so it doesn't affect anything.))
100killer9 saw his cats and dwarves leave his continent of protection, and knew someone would corrupt them. He instantly erected a giant crystal pillar from the ground. His cats were thrown a bit by the wave, but they didn't die. They flew to the crystal, carrying the still living dwarves with them. They saw that it had many caves to shelter the cats and dwarves, all connected by a network of tunnels. They didn't see that they could not be corrupted while within 5 miles of the crystal, nor could corruption enter (except for cats and their dwarves if you count them as corrupt).
100killer9 creates a home crystal for the cats that guards against corruption.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:34:34 pm by 100killer9 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2010, 02:41:23 pm »

((This is rather intresting. If there starts another paralel game (or I still remember it in 5 years when the waiting list is exausted) I'd like to join. Considering how long it is untill ten I'd prefer to wait with deciding description.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2010, 03:15:18 pm »

((What happened to Beanchubbs' old rock?))

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2010, 03:17:23 pm »

((This looks fun. Though I'm gonna have to wait for ages if I want in. :( I'd very much like to see another thread like this.))
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2010, 03:37:21 pm »

So much for 'balance'. Greenleaf is becomming repeatedly saddened by the actions of the mortal realm. He decides to take things to another level. rescuing a few branches of his dying redwoods, he moulds them into something new. Long blond hair, and pointed ears. With a little demonic blood from those tiny creatures that still survives. He scatters these creations throughout the land, on every continent that still has plant life.

Greenleaf creates the Elves from demon blood and redwood remains.

He gives the elves sentience, the power of thought to learn and grow. Teaching them things like how to make weapons, how to kill, how to eat their enemies, How to kill rampaging dragons or elephants...

Greenleaf teaches the Elves war

Greenleaf then shields the elven mind from further direct tampering specifically from Hillburra, but from any other immortal change as well. The elves shall be his hand, divine blood in mortal form. And he is determined to have them bring the balance this world so desperately needs.

Greenleaf shields his Elves from divine corruption
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2010, 03:49:33 pm »

Oh, and that last part of my act doesn't mean that the crystal doesn't guard cats and dwarves against corruption.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2010, 04:30:20 pm »

Realizing the futility of trying to save his dwarves anymore, Beanchubbs turns his eyes to the surface, away from the ravaged land of the pure continent. He looks to the land where elephants and dragons reign supreme. In the middle of a great plain, he stands, looks around, and nods. He strikes his axe once again upon these lands and a great crack forms. From the crack the firey pits of hell can be seen. The surrounding life stops for a few moments, as a great rumbling is felt below their feet. A few seconds later, a great spire juts out of the ground. It is made of a stone as black as the void the gods were made in, and is so tall it scrapes the skies of the planet. From the tower radiates an evil so great, all of the surrounding plants die, and the animals are twisted and corrupted into unrecognizable beasts.

Beanchubbs creates a great evil tower on the world.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »

Have fun as the elves rip that tower apart and brutally murder your tower!
And I'll let them. If the elves leave the wreckage of my continent (are they even there?), I'll let them prosper. I'll side with the nagas, too. They aren't too defiant of me, and the nagas actually might pose a threat. The elves do pose a threat.
Also, the cats and dwarves were at sea on the raft when I built my crystal, right?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2010, 05:08:09 pm »

How would they murder my tower? It is made of rock.   :D

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2010, 05:09:22 pm »

Maybe greenleaf will use an earthquake... Snicker...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25