Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28118 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 02:20:54 am »

In fact, it looks like there's enough on the list for two games.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:23 am »

I'd be cool with that, all we need is for rubberduck to make a new one. He'd probably watch both of them, anyway.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2010, 02:45:08 am »

Could I get on the waiting list?
Cheddarius takes the form of a great lactosian dragon, and is associated with cheese, vengeance, technology, and your mother.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 03:07:46 am »

and your mother.
What?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2010, 03:09:35 am »

What "what?"?

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 06:08:12 am »

I won't make another game. On the forum where I usually play, the normal amount of gods in a game is 10. However, my head usually explode within an AEON or two with those. So I decided to limit myself to 5 gods in the hope that I would could pull through to the end.  :)

And there probably will be an end. Some 2-3-4 weeks in the future. At which point I will rotate in new gods, if I feel like doing another game.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2010, 06:46:55 am »

100killer9 decides that Beanchubbs dwarves were suspicious, and needed both watching and a sense of companionship. 100killer9 created a beast to hunt the smallest of vermin. He called them cats.
100killer9 creates cats.
100killer9 gives the cats the ability to protect themselves from threats and butchering. He bestowed upon cats the ability to adopt dwarves to protect them.
100killer9 lets cats adopt dwarves.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2010, 07:21:25 am »

Well, does anyone else wish to start another game?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:28 am »

A lone naga swims to the core of The Islands of Discomfort, seeking knowledge. Welcoming the creature, Geb listens to her questions, and gives answers, relating the history of the world and granting visions of the hellish elephant infested jungle that is most of the surface.

Naming the naga his priestess, Geb sends her back to the other snakemen with a message and a gift. An exploration mission must be sent to the surface, however they should only ever emerge in the Continent of Protection, and they should use the divine gift as the ultimate form of protection in dealings with the dwarves - a wagon loaded with kelp beer.

Geb sends the nagas to trade booze with the dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:52:35 am by Geb »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2010, 01:20:18 pm »

If someone were to adjudicate another thread, i would join it.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2010, 01:53:25 pm »

Well, does anyone else wish to start another game?

Yeah, I'd not mind a paralel world running alongside. We could even compare the final stats for them... mwahhaha.

Anyway I think if we make another thread we should contact blind Io and that other guy that are above me in the waiting list for joining, I see it is their right after all.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »

I won't make another game. On the forum where I usually play, the normal amount of gods in a game is 10. However, my head usually explode within an AEON or two with those. So I decided to limit myself to 5 gods in the hope that I would could pull through to the end.  :)

And there probably will be an end. Some 2-3-4 weeks in the future. At which point I will rotate in new gods, if I feel like doing another game.
And what forum is that?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2010, 10:34:49 pm »

Hillburra looks down at the world and wonders how to spend his time, there's food running rampant all over the planet with it all eating each other and his beautiful elephants chomping down on anything that moves, or doesn't move, whatever. Hillburra decides that to amuse himself he will descend to the planet and eat the largest elephant he can find and become their leader.

His long, slender olmish body snakes down through the atmosphere drawing attention from the entire planet as he wraps around the Earth searching for the largest elephant to exist. Hillburra drops his mouth to the surface and with giant gulp swallows whole the king of the elephants.

The elephants are stunned, never before has anything preyed upon them. As a whole they bow their heads in fear to their new pale and skinny leader hoping that they are not the next on the menu.

Hillburra descends to the surface of the planet and becomes the God of the Elephants, by eating one.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2010, 07:16:47 am »

And Beanchubbs creates trees and bushes and other plants for the Continent of Protection. And the axedwarves begin to carve down trees, and the peasants gather herbs and other plants, which the woodburners prepare as meals over the newly lit fires.

And 100killer9 creates cats, and gives them psychich dominion over the dwarves. And the dwarves soon come to find that they love these little creatures, and would never let any harm come to them. The exception is the miners, in there tunnels beneath the ground where no cat has yet found its way.

And Geb sends the priestess to order the Nagas to explore the surface. The other Nagas are suitably impressed by the priestess bearing word from their god, and begin to consider how they might leave the Islands of Discomfort. In the end, they find that creating underpressure, weakens the walls of the Islands. And so the first tunnel is made, first weakening the walls, and then using the cavern waters to wear away at them. The progress is slow at first, but soon the rock carvers gain more expertise. This expertise is also used elsewhere, the Naga carving dwellings into the cavern floor of the Island of Discomfort.

However, as the Naga carve farther away from the Islands, the magic of the water lessens, and soon they find themselves unable to make the tunnel any longer. And they still lack a bit of distance before breaking into the ocean above.

And Hillburra becomes the god of elephants. The elephants are mere animals, and not too smart at that, but Hillburra's divine act ensures their fealty. From now on, they will follow the giant olm's commands.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And what forum is that?
rpol.net ; the greatest roleplaying site around, in my humble opinion.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:09 pm »

Beanchubbs sees 100killer9's cats turning his dwarves into loving ninnies, and is displeased.  >:(
He goes to his miners and warns them of these cats, telling them that they will destroy you if you let them, and that the others are weak to accept them. He explains that their skin and bones can be used for many things, and that their meat is very delicious to the taste.
Beanchubbs warns the miners to be un-caring towards cats
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25