Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28115 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 12:34:28 pm »

you should be able to move your own thread.

Also:
Deon is most often depicted as a male human embracing a female dwarf and is a god of fertility, love, harlotry and virgins.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 12:43:22 pm »

This is getting interesting.. although I think the proper place for this thread would be forum games...  ;)

Arguably, but this is the DF Community Games & Stories forum, so I would argue that this is a perfect place for this game. It has to do with DF and the community and it is ... gamelike?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »

Greenleaf did then look at something smaller, much smaller. Microscopic. The smallest of the plants he did peer, for what seemed like ages in the eternity. With a blink, a snort, and a twitching of a furry toe, the giant monkey mutated half of the organisms to create more advanced plant forms, even greater than the Chubba's, though they themselves advance as well.

creates tree's and other plants, by encouraging plant evolution

also I think the 'Community Game' part in that forum, refers to when a player of DF runs a game of DF, and lets the community choose dwarfs for their fortress. This is deffinately more a forum game, at least to me. Hasn't even been a single dwarf yet.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 06:21:26 pm »

As Beanchubbs ponders on 100killer9's continent, he comes up with an idea. It is protected from corruption, yes. However it is not protected from the doings of pure creatures. He grabs a rock from the mountains and carves it into a short, stout shape. Much like what other gods look like, but shorter, more beards, and with only 4 fingers.
Beanchubbs creates Dwarves

At the moment Beanchubbs's creations, which he had named dwarves, stood around with nothing to do. Beanchubbs armed them with axes, for wood and fire. He armed them with the knowledge of harvesting plants, for sustenance. And he armed them with the greatest weapon of all. The pick.
Beanchubbs advances the technology of his dwarves.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 07:26:54 pm »

Ooh. Boatmurdered time :)
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 10:36:38 pm »

This is quite awesome, I'd like to get on the waiting list.

Dissonance is most often depicted as a troglodyte and is a god of rocks, history and stubborness.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 10:40:27 pm »

Due to the development of plant life on Earth caused by Greenleaf Hillburra harnesses these new plants into becoming food by making his creatures grow. This makes them move between food sources faster due to their larger size and they can now eat more food when they get there. The new larger, faster creatures all bow down to the largest of the beasts. One might say the king of beasts - a huge grey mammal with sharp tusks, a prehensile nose and flappy ears. All fear its stompy, goring presence.

Hillburra grows the animals to eat the new plants.
Hillburra lets one animal embody gluttony and grow far larger and hungrier, he dubs them elephants and they are angry.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »

I'm interested in joining.

Kulira most often takes the form of a female Kutari, [cat that stands on two legs.] and is most often associated with sand, glass, and agriculture.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 01:30:37 am »

Geb stirs from his contemplation and sees a tiny sea snake swimming in front of him. Commanding the water to bring it closer, he examines it and sees great potential. Liking this creature, Geb uses it to form a new race of snake men, giving them arms, and the intelligence to use them. They are given lips, and taught to speak with them. Finally, they are granted the ability to use the magic of the cavern's water for as long as they remain loyal, allowing them to build in water or bubbles of air as they choose. Pleased with his work, Geb commands his new race to live, breed and build.

Geb creates a primitive civilisation of aquatic nagas.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:25 am »

I'm interested in joining as well, please put me in the waiting list as:

Maris takes the form of a great net of eyes, and is associated with insanity, the mind, knowledge, civilization and librarians.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 02:00:18 am »

And Greenleaf causes the plants to evolve, creating trees and other large organisms. Life becomes very dangerous for landborn animals, as they are now close to the bottom of the foodchain, prey to every plant larger than them. Their only defense is their own mobility, letting them avoid the immobile plants while hunting for foodstuffs smaller than themselves.

And Beanchubbs creates the dwarves from the rock of a mountain. These short, stout humanoids are untouched by Beanchubbs original corruption, and so does not eat. And like all other creatures, they do not drink or sleep or age. The monikers short and stout are as compared to trees. Compared to other creatures, they are huge. Eight of these pure creatures find themselves on the Continent of Protection.

And Beanchubbs stuffs the little critters with information. He teaches them of axes, of fire and of harvesting plants. And grants them the pick. This information is too much for any single dwarf to hold with a single ACT. And so four castes arise. The axedwarves, wielders of the axe. If there were any trees, these warriors would take down these monsters, to feed the firepits of the next cast. The woodburners, keepers of the secret of fire. Also there is the peasants, knowledgeable in the gathering of plants, and the miners, wielders of the pick, and knowledgeable in the art of mining. For now there are two dwarves of each cast, a male and a female, though they are hard to tell apart.

Of course, with the lack of trees and plants on the Continent of Protection, the first three casts don't have much to do. The axedwarves set themselves up as rulers, and order the other dwarves around. The woodburners and peasants have little choice but do what they say, but the miners; they dig. And they close the tunnel behind them, keeping them from the reach of the axedwarves. And below the ground they begin to carve a domain of their own.

And Hillburra advances animal life, and one species in particular, the elephants. The average animal is better capable of defending itself against the plants now, and grass becomes a staple eating for some. However, the tall trees are still the main predators, capable of taking down all life forms except one; the mighty elephant. The elephants size makes it the apex predator, eating trees, bushes, monkeys, and wildebeests without any fear of lesser beings.

And Geb creates the Naga, which come to inhabit the Islands of Discomfort. And they do breed and build, crafting a society for themselves in the cave. Living in the safety of Geb's realm, they become philosophers. And some begin to wonder about what is outside the Islands of Discomfort. Many varied theories arise. Maybe the cave is the stomach of a giant turtle. Maybe the rock and metal stretches forever. Maybe elder gods live outside, kept only at bay by Geb's power. Only one Nage thinks to actually approach his god in the middle of the cave, and ask.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karn, Deon, Dissonance, Maris and Kulira has been added to the waiting list.

It should be noted that I really only intended to use the waiting list if people dropped out. There isn't intended to be any rotation between the AEONs.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 02:12:40 am »

Oh, wow. I thought everyone would get a chance :/
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 02:13:37 am »

Beanchubbs frowned at 100killer9's lack of making life his continent was supposed to protect. He attempts to craft a plant, modeled after Hillburra's, however, his dead touch kills them and they do not defend themselves like their cousins. He wills and wills, but is only able to make them alive enough to spread. Envious of the other gods ability to make life as they do, he tries once more before he places these plants on the continent. Making of life irritated him a little, but he needed his dwarves to survive. After all, what is a god that is not known.
Beanchubbs creates non-violent plants in the Continent of Protection.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2010, 02:14:22 am »

Oh, wow. I thought everyone would get a chance :/

If someone goes inactive you can get a chance. Or if someone 'retires' for a while.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2010, 02:17:48 am »

Quote from: rubberduck
It should be noted that I really only intended to use the waiting list if people dropped out. There isn't intended to be any rotation between the AEONs.

There are enough waiting list gods that they could start a new thread and a new game. All they need is to pick somebody to be creator/adjudicator.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25