Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28109 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:25 am »

Beanchubbs sees the beings devouring his hordes and smiles. Chaos's first seed had been planted. Pouring water onto this seed, he corrupts the minds of the Olm's developing life forms, causing the larger ones to feast upon the ones that had yet to reach their full size.
Beanchubbs corrupts life forms and causes them to eat eachother.

I knew it was a good idea to save an Act
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:45 am »

Geb travels to the world and swims through magma and rock, causing a few minor earthquakes but ignoring the problems they cause. He searches through the chaotic  core of the world, seeking out any underground ocean that has survived, finding few remaining.

After much exploring, Geb finds a cavern to his liking, filled with water and life, and claims it as his domain, putting it under divine protection. Naming the cavern "The Islands of Discomfort", Geb floats idly at its centre and contemplates his plans.

Geb claims and protects an underground ocean as his home.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 02:02:04 am »

Meh, I'm not a god of life, just a god of convenience and food.

Them eating each other is fine by me, they can't even eat each other into extinction because I've never claimed they didn't reproduce by mitosis :P

They only become inconvenient if they resist being eaten, and then I can just create new foods.

EDIT: Also I just noticed no one has any ACTs left :( we need rubberduck to return to grant us more power to abuse as we see fit.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:04:43 am by hillburra »
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 02:05:34 am »

Touche hill, touche.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:22 am »

I see this ending up like the Nordic gods who just went around having feuds and trying to bitchslap each other, fun times.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 02:11:25 am »

I see this ending up like the Nordic gods who just went around having feuds and trying to bitchslap each other, fun times.

Not to forget tricking each other into giving birth to horses. A world just isn't complete without gods giving birth to horses.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 02:14:01 am »

However, I need some people to worship me. Is it ok if I state my act in advance?
And 100killer9 created a continent out of pure good and earth, such that demons and corruption could not exist there. He named it "The Continent of Protection."
100killer9 creates continent untouchable by demons and corruption.
This will turn into all of us trying to create their god's idea of a perfect world.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 03:51:01 am »

And so Beanchubbs unleash demons upon the surface. There's not much for them to do, so they mostly just burn algae, defecate in the water, and other minor acts of evil.

And Greenleaf breaths atmosphere upon the world, and creates rain. And life begins to spread from the oceans to the land. Still in cellular form, but spreading. Their spread is somewhat limited by the ease with which the demons can now burn them.

And Hillburra shrinks the demons. Though itty-bitty they are no less malevolent. And Hillburra causes life to evolve, to reach greater size. And plants and animals begin to inhabit the land and water. Though large enough to eat the small demons, they are still of limited size.

And Beanchubb's touch the plants and animals, extending their predatory instinct. No only demons now find their way into their maws, but also smaller creatures. With most creatures being more or less the same size, this predation mostly involves algae, or not fully grown plants or animals, but in the case of the gigantic 1-foot tall Chubba Chubba plant, it feasts on all lesser creatures that stray within reach.

And Geb settles in an underwater cavern naming it "The Islands of Discomfort". Nearby magma pipes heats the waters to a balmy temperature, causing algae to thrive, upon which Geb's charges subsist. Multitudes of small fish swim through kelp forests, with the odd magma crab living near volcanic vents where hotter water spurts into the underground sea.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, you can't use ACTs in advance. The use of ACTs is to save my sanity, so I don't have to adjudicate thirty seven acts every time I log on.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 06:42:06 am »

And lo, Greenleaf dragged his claws upon the bottom of the surface ocean, cutting a deep trench and pulling rock from the surface of the planet, this he balled into a white disk and suspended floating in the night sky. His new creation brings with it the tides of natural seas, moving waters along the shore to increase diversity of life.

Greenleaf gouges a white marble moon from the bottom of the ocean and sets it into orbit
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 07:01:50 am »

Fine, then.
And 100killer9 created a continent out of pure good and earth, such that demons and corruption could not exist there. He named it "The Continent of Protection."
100killer9 creates continent untouchable by demons and corruption.
Happy?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 07:28:09 am »

Feeling the shaking of the Earth around his domain, Geb decided that even with divine protection his lair was in need of structure. He began work, reshaping the rocks of the cavern wall and converting them to metal, creating titanic arches and pillars of steel and copper. Finally, Geb commanded the water itself to become part of the structure, flowing and applying pressure as needed to keep the cavern intact, so long as the water remained within the boundaries of The Islands of Discomfort.

Geb redecorates and strengthens his lair.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:51 am »

This is getting interesting.. although I think the proper place for this thread would be forum games...  ;)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 10:50:58 am »

And so Greenleaf creates the Abyss of Desolation, and from the material creates a white marble disk that he hangs in the sky. The moon brings with it tides, establishing a long-winded dance between land and sea.

And 100killer9 creates a continent. The rock and soil of the Continent of Protection is blessed, burning any life form that bears corruption within. And so, for now, the continent is empty. The tides carry soil from the continent out to sea, where the soil clouds form a deadly danger for any creature that has been touched by Beanchubb's corruption. That is to say, to all existing creatures.

And Geb strengthens the Islands of Discomfort with steel and copper and divine will. As long as the water pressure remain intact, only a divine ACT will be able to breach his sanctuary.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Happy?
Yes  :)
This is getting interesting.. although I think the proper place for this thread would be forum games...  ;)
You might be right about that. How would I go about moving the thread?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 10:54:17 am »

Try sending a PM to toadyone, or report your own post lol...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 12:26:08 pm »

I'd like to be put on the waiting list.

Karn the Mad is a deity that is worshiped by adventurers. He is often depicted as a dragon and is associated with rage, thunder and fire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25