Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28106 times)

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 12:28:47 am »

Geb watched the creation of the stars with interest. He thought to himself "I bet I could do that, it doesn't look very difficult." Finding no hair on his tailtip to work with, he chews his tail in contemplation, knocking loose a single scale. As the drool-soaked scale floats free into the universe, it becomes a world of oceans. Geb shrugs, and speaks: "It's not quite a star, but it'll do for now."

Geb makes an ocean moon and sets it around the planet.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1st AEON - Age of the Void
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 12:39:38 am »

And Greenleaf creates the stars, heat-less points of light scattered across the heavens, the largest of which is called "the Sun".

And Beanchubbs flicks his rock against the stars. The rock flies through the void, occasionally bouncing off stars, causing a bright burst of light with each impact.

And Hillburra creates a planet. A mostly barren rock, covered by a thin layer of ooze. And he creates life on the planet. And the life is instantly flash-frozen from the current heat-less state of the universe.

And Geb creates the ocean moon, its crust made from the scale of a god, and covered by frozen oceans. The moon lazily drifts around the planet.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hillburra's act is an example of the WRATH OF ARMOK in motion. Creating a planet and life at the same time resulted in complications.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 12:47:24 am »

100killer9 is jealous of their creation, and tries to destroy it by crashing the rock planet into the water moon, but it only created a rock planet with an ocean.
100killer9 combines water and rock to make Earth.
(In case I wasn't clear, this is hilburra's and gen's planets.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:56:26 am by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 12:55:06 am »

100killer9 decides it's a bit cold at absolute zero in the universe, and cuts off his hair and throws it into the sun, creating heat as the sun burns his hair. His hair grows back as sexy as ever.
100killer9 creates heat in the universe

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 12:58:44 am »

And 100killer9 smashes together the planet and the ocean moon, to form the ambiguously named planet Earth. He also causes the sun to emit heat.

And so the planet Earth drifts through the void, between the stars. A rock core, with flecks of divine scale scattered throughout, with approximately half the surface covered by frozen oceans. More water is trapped beneath the surface in huge water-filled caverns.

As the planet approaches the sun, the waters thaw. Most of Hillburra's primordial life was destroyed in the collision, but some remnants survived, and now thawed begins to multiply and spread across the planet, sticking mostly to the oceans.

ACTs
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:00:52 am by rubberduck »

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 01:00:41 am »

Geb watches with sadness as his moon is shattered, then in joy as the fragments of scale start to become star-like as they were originally intended to. The broken rubble of the moon glows with white heat and sinks into the planet, leaving trails of steam and magma behind it.

Geb covers the planet with volcanoes.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 01:06:14 am »

You posted. I get an act!
100killer9 puts the Earth into orbit of the sun.
Boring but practical.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 01:10:34 am »

And the divine scales of Geb starts to emit white-hot heat, melting the rock around them. The magma expands and widens, something coming into contact with underground oceans, resulting in explosions of steam, and aboveground earthquakes. In the end, some magma reaches the surface, spurting onto land, or into sea, hardening into the shell of volcanoes. Some are active, some become nonactive, as their magma pipe is plugged by the interaction of water and magma above or below ground.

And 100killer9 puts the Earth into orbit of the sun. The climate becomes hotter, encouraging the primordial life to grow, and soon plankton and bacteria are spread thickly throughout the seas.

ACTs

Right, let it be known that you won't always get an ACT when I post. If you got an act every time that I answered a single post, you'd be soon drowning in them. I'll hand out an ACT for approximately every 3+ ACTs posted by you guys, instead of every post posted by me. The ACTs spoiler is the authority. Don't assume you have an ACT unless the ACTs spoiler says so.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 01:17:28 am »

May I join?

Djohaal is the deity of equilibrium. Both ruthlessly evil with his enemies and godly benevolent to those that fall on his grace, his deciptions hardly include an image, often the divided black and white circles being his insignia. In the few existing (not yet of course as the universe does not exist) images of him he appears as a vauguely antropomorphic phantom.
He's commonly associated to light, darkness and is the patron deity of judges.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 01:28:19 am »

You've been placed on the waiting list.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 01:34:53 am »

Beanchubbs descends to this 'Earth'. He looks at it's living surface with disgust and hatred. The sight of this life sets ablaze a hatred so deep in his heart that he cannot stand it. He strikes the earth with his great axe, and from this tear on the surface, comes hordes of demons and evil beings. Pleased with his creation, he goes back to the heavens, to watch his minions.
Beanchubbs unleashed demons onto 'Earth'
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 01:42:37 am »

Wow, this is getting really interesting. Also, we need a god of life and such for the next Aeon(Waiting list), otherwise I suspect it will be bleak. Anyone willing to fill the gap :P?
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 01:43:06 am »

Greenleaf see's this new planet, and exhales from his furred maw, creating an atmosphere of air. Shielding the planet from the cold and radiation of the universe.

Greenleaf breathes atmosphere onto the planet

After the air has stabalized, Greenleaf brushes the fledgling world with his tail, smoothing air into clouds like putting icing on the cake, and thus creating rain.

Greenleaf condenses the air, and creates a rain cycle

2 acts in one post, since I read I had two to use.

Wow, this is getting really interesting. Also, we need a god of life and such for the next Aeon(Waiting list), otherwise I suspect it will be bleak. Anyone willing to fill the gap :P?
ahem? Life seems like my domain at this point, others are just copying my grand design. Maybe... kinda... sorta... ok maybe not...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:45:23 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 01:43:49 am »

I can't use an act, but a suggestion?
Raise adamantine prisons to trap these demons.
EDIT: Copy? No. I don't copy, I ruin things. But yeah, I'm trying to strive towards real macroscopic life, but the demons are in the way.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:48:41 am by 100killer9 »

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 01:51:25 am »

Hillburra glances down at the mess his vomit-ball planet has become and dismays. Demons are running amok destroying the world's life slime. Something must be done!

In his infinite olmish wisdom Hillburra shrinks the demons and accelerates the evolution of the appetites of his lifeforms. The demons have become an extremely common and viable food source, the demons knowing no fear are also apt to run directly towards the gaping maws of the wild life. These great acts have satisfied the needs of food and convenience for all flora and fauna and the planet is now a primitive utopia.

All the demons have been shrunk to bite size morsels, like popcorn.
All life has rapidly evolved to a state in which they can happily feast upon the unending demon hordes. Including the plants.

EDIT: For gooder grammarness
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:55:47 am by hillburra »
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25