Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28147 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2010, 06:06:03 pm »

Well, my crystal is still orbiting around the sun... Right? I mean, you couldn't have blocked out the sun... And if my crystal turns into a crystal meteor, I just might have to torture all your elves for eternity in a VERY painful way. Have them get their livers constantly pecked out. Stuff like that.

You're acting as if someone stole something from you.  :D
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2010, 06:20:56 pm »

To a god of vanity, jealousy, greed, and kittens (who are evil), ANYTHING is like stealing fire. Granted, it's not the elves' fault, but I never liked them anyway and was planning for them to die in my own SPECIAL FUN apocalypse. (AKA transforming an elf into a being capable of eating everything but crystal safely that is always infinitely hungry and also massive. A twist on hillaburra's concepts of endless feasts.)
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2010, 10:09:15 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

that's the sort of range I'm talking about, the temperatures should be about earth norm spring or fall type temperature. With slightly more heat on the mountains, and colder in the vallys. :)

It's all quite huuuge, the diagram on that wiki post shows both mercury and venus being inside the sphere, that's the kind of spacing we are talking about here. It's not absorbing radiation like that link one either, but that's the scale and idea.

"The Ringworld, or Niven ring, could be considered a particular kind of Dyson sphere. Larry Niven, who first developed the concept, described it as "an intermediate step between Dyson Spheres and planets".[19] The ringworld could perhaps be described as a slice of a Dyson Sphere (taken through its equator), spun for artificial gravity, and used mainly for habitation as opposed to energy collection."

like a big round ring world, with openings at the north and south poles of the star to let things escape.

"The Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Relics" - The crew of the USS Enterprise-D happens upon a full Dyson sphere when its gravitational fluctuations distort their warp field and bring them to a stop. Being further advanced than the Federation, the sphere's automatic systems pulled the ship into the structure, revealing the majority of the shell inside was covered with habitable regions, including weather. Lieutenant Commander Data stated that "250 million class-M worlds" was equal to the inside surface area. As the diameter of the sphere is given as being 200 million kilometers or two thirds the Earth's orbit around the sun this would indicate that the surface area of one "M-class world" is in fact equivalent to the Earth's surface area."

^ something like that was the original idea, and where I first saw it way back when

and all are welcome to move their various civilizations and creations into the sphere. :) Like the crystal or whatever. Make part of it your own.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:14:59 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2010, 07:23:43 pm »

Bumping this for rubberduck

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:37 am »

And Beanchubbs sweats an ocean upon the Rock.

And Org comes into existence! And he creates mountains upon the Rock, filled with rock, gems and ore. But alas, none of the wonderously strong beanite.

The Rock is nowhere near the size of the old Earth, and with oceans and mountains upon it, dwarves now live everywhere on the surface. With the creation of mountains, they are beginning to feel home again, and begin digging into the Rock.

And 100killer9 binds the souls of his worshippers to the crystal spire, there to be bound upon their death. Already plenty of souls inhabit the spire, consisting of those that died before the apocalypse. However, like the souls of the moon, they are dead things, mere mind imprints without any body or thoughts.

Some of the souls in the spire are duplicates, as the souls of a few dead guardian naga have already been reborn into soulspeakers. As the guardian naga souls have tried to influence their soulspeakers to convert the regular naga to 100killer9, the guardian naga souls are generally considered evil spirits that should not be listened to.

And Geb creates the asteroids, circling the sun and filled with the necessary materials for steel and glass.

And Greenleaf creates a sun-sphere surrounding the sun. The asteroids circle the sun-sphere, and the Rock and crystal sphere float through deep space. The inside of the sphere is dominated by mountains. Little water yet exists, and though the shell of the sphere is made from solid redwood, plants have yet to take hold in soil on the inside surface. Due to the rotation, there is normal gravity near the equator of the sphere, but towards the pole holes the gravity drops steadily, until it is a quarter of the normal at the very edge.

AND ARMOK RISES FROM HIS THRONE. AND HE DECLARES THAT HE WISH THE END OF THIS AEON, AND CALLS UPON THE GODS TO VOTE.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(feel free to give me some negative acts for this one, I'd like it to be a pretty major creation, so I'm not against sitting out a few acts as Greenleaf rests if I can make it happen)
Well, you just created a dyson sphere. Size doesn't matter. And I like it. So just one act.
Bumping this for rubberduck
No need for that. Reason things are running a bit slow, are due to the time my posts take nowadays. With all the checking of all acts and thinking on how it all mixes together, a post can take an hour to put together.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2010, 03:27:27 am »

Damnit, Promethius was the most intelligent of the Greek gods.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2010, 06:58:07 am »

Org lowers himself down to the world. He then decides he must create some beings, upon the planet, looking at the works of the others. He waves a hand, and he creates the gnomes. Small, but cunning, humanoids, they are masters of the mine. He leaves with them a single pick, and lowers them towards the mountain. He then shows himself as the creator, and that hey should worship me.

Org creates four gnomes, and leaves them a pick.

I SAY YAY

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:36 am »

I can join?

Metal is a god worshipped by Iron Men. Metal appears as a humanoid made of Steel, he is the god of music, awesomeness, being stoned, pissed and parties.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2010, 09:45:58 am »

Beanchubbs knows that the Dwarves need more space than his rock can provide. He grabs the rock and stretches it out and shapes it to the exact curve of the sun-sphere. He brings it to the sphere, and sets it down. With the end of an age undoubtedly coming soon, he decides to go and rest amongst the stars.

Beanchubbs places the rock and Dwarves upon the sphere.

I vote for an AEON
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2010, 12:37:15 pm »

Feeling the subtle loss of power that presages the end of an Aeon, Geb realises that soon all of his power will be drained and he will be forced into long sleep. Concerned, he calls for the naga aboard The Blue to congregate.

"My trusted worshippers, soon I must sleep and not wake for a great time. I shall use the last of my power in this time to grant you a gift."

And with that, a bubble formed before the lizard god's snout, a complex bubble folding in on itself, then folding further in unknowable patterns, the centre turning to foam as it works and glowing with red heat yet not boiling. Suddenly the bubble breaks apart, leaving in its place a mysterious device.

"This creation is a magical engine. It is formed from copper, wood, glass, and at its core, steel smelted with the addition of blood. It will allow any elemental magician to fly, or even to push huge loads through the sky. Study it, learn its principles. Learn from the dwarves and the elves, discover the methods by which more like it may be made. All that you will need can be found on the new world or among the asteroids, The Blue can take you there."

With nothing left to do, the divine lizard released his hold on control of The Blue, and prepared for long hibernation.

Geb gives the naga a prototype magical rocket engine.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2010, 12:41:24 pm »

Oh, forgot about the vote. Yes on ending the Aeon.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2010, 04:52:49 pm »

(New aeon I shall vote. But, in the meantime, an ACT.)
100killer9 decided that, before he left the cats alone, he needed to perfect his afterlife. He changed it so that the souls from the moon would not just be inserted into the crystal, but be reborn into the crystal. They would be like the souls of the living, except bound tp the crystal as he was. They could think, and could take a form like he himself could. They were, in effect, living again, just inside the crystal.
100killer9 makes the souls of his dead followers become living souls again after entering the crystal.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2010, 06:17:36 pm »

Greenleaf reaches into the void and pulls out the globe of encapsulated ocean. Finding a basin in the new world, he lowers it down and releases his powers, surging water into the new world, and replacing Eden into the new planet, if in a somewhat shallower ocean.

Greenleaf returns Eden and the humans to the world, now within the sphere

I agree with the Aeon. :)

Oh and the plants on the sphere should be helped along as the elves start living in their new world. :) so not worried about that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:20:44 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2010, 09:10:28 pm »

that is quite interesting, the 'underground' is the most otwards area of the world, where as it's core is the sun. talk about inside-out?
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »

Don't worry. Knowing us, it'll probably go out in a large explosion that creates a tear in space-time, in which the original sun-sphere comes out. All stemming from someone trying to make an ice cream cone travel back in time as a trick at a festival their mortals have.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25