Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28144 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2010, 04:02:17 am »

Perhaps it might be time to change Aeons after this? Start over fairly new with a new God and all that added to the mix.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:53 pm »

Don't feel bad. It's not like we're not gods and can't redo it.
I also agree with you that the retirement of a God needs to be major and memorable.
Well, that's the thing. It can't be undone. At least, not directly.
Though, honestly, you're right in that it should be memorable. And an apocalypse is a pretty memorable thing.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 01, 2010, 05:01:09 pm »

And so, as the planet trembles and quakes, the remaining gods act.

In the ocean, the waves are soaring high, as the crystal spire releases its grip on Earth and soars to the sky, and onwards beyond the atmosphere. In the inner chambers, the worshippers of 100killer9 waits in safety.

And the dark dwarves are all collected by Beanchubbs and brought to a rock, floating between the stars. There the god sits down and rests with them.

And the Islands of Discomfort transforms into The Blue, and takes too the skies as well, joining the Crystal Spire in its travel towards the stars, most of the naga safe within.

And the Island of Eden disappears entirely, transported to some place beyond the Void.

The Redwood Forest and the Ents within are transformed into a wooden sphere, inside which many of the elves escape the doomed world.

The naga called Lazleth is transformed into an angelic form, and tasked with rescuing the remaining naga. With him is Urist, who was overlooked by Beanchubbs and Iwo, who could not reach the sphere in time. Lazleth scoops them up, and then soars out through the mountains, towards the coast where the naga trading post lies. Along the way, he finds more of the seafaring elves, trapped on the dying planet. He scoopes up as many as he can, until he finally reaches the trading post and rescues the last naga on the planet. Turning his tail on the planet, the giant naga flies to the sky.

The planet shivers, and then visibly shrinks. Another shiver, and another shrink. Animals, trees and water falls into cracks along the surface, disappearing into the rapidly diminishing mass. The planetary spasms increase, and magnify, and the shrinking increases in speed, until finally, the planet disappears.

The survivors float gently through space in or on their respective escape vehicles.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perhaps it might be time to change Aeons after this? Start over fairly new with a new God and all that added to the mix.
I considered it. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot to work with right now. I considered having the last parts of the planet break into pieces, and create a nice asteroid belt so I could go Spelljammer, but unfortunately the act stipulated that the planet would be eaten "wholly and completely". So, we'll continue until there are at least a few more things of interest.

On another note, I can see that the waiting list, doesn't seem to work very well. So I'm going to do something very unfair. I'm going to delete the waiting list, and from now on, new additions will be first come first serve, when the slots open up. So.. who wants to take Hillburra's spot? Name and statblock please.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 01, 2010, 05:02:17 pm »

Org is a rock gem golem, who is associated with war, fortresses, mountains, and gems.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:41 pm »

And I bet the orcs are sad.

No one loved them to give them more than one act IIRC.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 01, 2010, 05:06:52 pm »

And you are in.

I forgot about completely about the orcs. I guess all orcs in the dwarven mountains must have been wiped out, and the rest were confined to other mountain ranges by the elves, until the world ended.

Of course.. their "souls" as well as the "souls" of all other dead things are still stored in the moon.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2010, 06:45:14 pm »

Wow, I forgot about the orcs like 4 ACTS ago. I was going to do something with them, but forgot. Oops
------
Beanchubbs looks at the rock he is sitting on. He sees that the dwarves are unhappy with them being the only life that they know is left, so he dug back into the depths of his mind, back to when he created his first plant. How many years ago it was. He remembered that the beginning of the plants was water. So he dug out a great imprint in the rock, and began sweating profusely. He stood over the imprint until it was filled to the brim, and then he looked for a place over the rock, to watch it grow as he watched the Earth grow.

Beanchubbs creates an ocean on the rock.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:47:04 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2010, 07:34:05 pm »

Do I get an act?

If so, here it is:

Org appeared. It seemed he was made of the stuff of planets, as tough as the ground. He moved with the might of mountains. The giant rock man appeared before the other deities.

"I am Org, the deity of rock. I have seen, and observed. I fear that we will die out if we do not work as one, together. Come, we have much to do."

And as he spoke, Org sprinkled some of his rocky form into the rock planet. And it came together, to form mountains, filled with ore and gem.

Org creates mountains, filled with rock, gem and ore.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:10 pm »

100killer9 saw that his followers had survived the apocalypse. He was pleased. He decided to bestow upon them a gift, for their piousness. He rose out of the ground.
"Followers! Rejoice, for I have decided to bestow upon you a precious gift! My followers will not spend eternity as an archived soul in the moon! Instead, all present and future followers of 100killer9 will live on! However, not in the physical sense. My followers' souls will join with the crystal, as I have! They are free to live on within the crystal. They can also take a physical form of crystal if they wish, as I do when manifesting myself to you."
And he made it so.
100killer9 sets up a system in which the souls of his followers would be joined with the crystal, as he was.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2010, 07:16:00 am »

Looking out over the suddenly simple void, Geb recalls the early days of the empty cosmos and his first Act of creation. The universe doesn't need new stars now, nor extra oceans. But what does it need?

The great lizard lays back against one of the pillars of The Blue, considering options. Suddenly he realises. He has encouraged civilisation, he has spoken law, he has Acted incompetently at times, but rarely has he furthered the cause of steel. This domain has been neglected for too long.

Inspired, Geb stares into the blackness around the sun and forces it to change, until it becomes the blackness of soot. Now, where before there was empty void there floats a cluster of untold millions of asteroids, full of sand, gravel, flux stones, and coal-like compacted soot.

The loss of the world and its magma shall not halt industry.

Geb creates a cluster of asteroids orbiting the sun.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:33:38 am by Geb »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2010, 04:53:47 pm »

Greenleaf decides it's time to become creative. And so, he takes hold of the giant wooden sphere, and exhales into it. Blowing it up like a balloon, until the creation is billions of miles wide. Using a little tricky shifting, he wraps the sphere around the sun, making sure to keep the elves safe until he is finished. borrowing a bit of the newly created asteroids and mountains he improves his sphere making rocky peaks and soil upon the inside ground of the sphere creating a new world for life.

The sphere is large enough that the sun's rays have a similar effect to a normal planet, however there is no night in this land. He places great gaps in the poles to release radiation, then he coats the surface of the 'land' with atmosphere. Setting the whole creation spinning he makes gravity to keep water and atmosphere from falling into the sun.

After all this, Greenleaf finds a recreation of a forest along the sphere and takes a rest, releasing the elves to build homes and begin life anew upon the world.

Greenleaf creates a sun-sphere planet, borrowing from Org's mountains and Geb's asteroids.

(feel free to give me some negative acts for this one, I'd like it to be a pretty major creation, so I'm not against sitting out a few acts as Greenleaf rests if I can make it happen)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:00:11 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2010, 04:58:56 pm »

Ok... So, no night? Wouldn't that just lead to massive fires?

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2010, 05:09:17 pm »

Ok... So, no night? Wouldn't that just lead to massive fires?

With an outer shell so thin, heat ought to just conduct straight through and be radiated away into space. On that world, mountaintops are going to be boiling deserts and the lowlands will be tundra. Fun place.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »

Wait. Not all of them, right?
Mountains, I mean.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2010, 05:31:01 pm »

Well, my crystal is still orbiting around the sun... Right? I mean, you couldn't have blocked out the sun... And if my crystal turns into a crystal meteor, I just might have to torture all your elves for eternity in a VERY painful way. Have them get their livers constantly pecked out. Stuff like that.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25