Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28153 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:47 am »

With the world collapsing in upon itself, Beanchubbs decided he needed to act, and he needed to act fast. He searches through the void for his rock that he made so long ago. Instead he finds a giant fluffy ball of what used to be his rock. He sighs, and grabs it. As he flies back to the Earth to get his dwarves, he changes the puff ball back into what it once was.
Beanchubbs changes the giant cotton ball back into a rock

He then goes down and searches the entire surface of the planet for every single dark dwarf that is still alive. When he thinks he has them all, he rises up, looks back down upon the Earth in sadness, for he had plans for it himself, and goes to the rock and puts the dwarves there. This task had drained much from him, so he stayed on the rock with his dwarves and rested.
Beanchubbs brings the dwarves to the rock.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2010, 11:42:04 am »

For the last time, Geb summons his manta angel messenger, and sends it to visit Lazleth and Iwo.

"You were chosen as champion to save a continent. That task is now irrelevant; you must save the remaining people of the world, for the planet is coming to an end. This is purely a physical threat, your armour will allow you to avoid danger. You must give this protection to as many others as you can."

The angel then flies directly at Lazleth, and into him, merging with him in a blinding light. The light rises into the heights of the dragon's cave and grows, and when it fades once more Lazleth is vastly changed. He has become a kilometre-long angelic naga, the manta's wing-fins attached to his head like the hood of a cobra, with a faint glow of divine power coming from his eyes. The armour has grown too, and merged with him, forming a metallic expanse of scale, leaving it's powers intrinsic in him.

The last of the mind of the manta merges with him, delivering its final message as a thought in Lazleth's now giant head.

"Most Naga have escaped, you must save the remainder, by bringing them within you. Fly through the planet, seek survivors, and rescue them by swallowing them all."

Geb converts Lazleth into a second, living escape ship, and sends him to seek survivors.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18:52 pm »

I'm (Blind Io) still here. Was there a guy before me?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2010, 01:15:23 pm »

Umm...rubberduck, would you mind if I made a game of this, to filter out more of the waiting list and give some others a chance to play?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2010, 03:59:43 pm »

Greenleaf grumbles mostly to himself at having to abandon this world so soon in it's lifetime. He starts by wrapping his mind around the island of eden, scooping up a large sphere containing ocean in a mile or two out from the island, and a similar amount of atmosphere around the top. This he places into his personal inventory and allows the humans to continue their evolution away from the doomed planet.

Greenleaf first rescues the Humans and the isle Eden

The monkey god then turned to the elves. Scattered as they are, it will be difficult to save them all. Seeking deep into his mind, he creates a great act of divine intervention. Bending and warping the Ent's and the redwoods into a giant ball of interlocking wood. He teleports as many of the elves as he can inside this floating wooden world.

Greenleaf creates a giant wooden sphere and saves as many elves as possible inside.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:28:40 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2010, 04:35:23 pm »

I'd like to be on the waiting list.

Org is a god of war, mountains, axes, and fortresses. He usually takes the shape of a warrior.

Uh...that god name is taken.

I'm still waiting around. But I'm on the bottom of the list.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2010, 04:36:29 pm »

What

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

What

Look at the waiting list. I was going to use 'Org' as a name for my god, but I suppose now that would be confusing. rubberduck, feel free to change mine to just Helmaroc and let Org have Org to make things simpler.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2010, 04:52:46 pm »

What

Look at the waiting list. I was going to use 'Org' as a name for my god, but I suppose now that would be confusing. rubberduck, feel free to change mine to just Helmaroc and let Org have Org to make things simpler.
No. Ill change mine.

But why Org?

My name shall be.... Quartz!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2010, 05:51:42 pm »

and Org, rubberduck has said that there is no problem with forming a new game. there was another one that was made, Cosmogeny, but the one who made it kinda disappeared. but i would like in on it, if you make one.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2010, 08:10:47 pm »

Yes...disappeared.  :-[
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:12:44 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2010, 08:11:04 pm »

It is up.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2010, 10:58:58 pm »

Also, changed my mind, don't feel like playing. Too much stuff happening in this one. Take me off the waiting list.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2010, 11:26:16 pm »

I wasn't trying to break the game for everyone - I just wanted to make the death/fading/retirement of a God a major and memorable event from which everyone had to take part in the action.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2010, 11:51:37 pm »

Don't feel bad. It's not like we're not gods and can't redo it.
I also agree with you that the retirement of a God needs to be major and memorable.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25