Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28156 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2010, 08:30:12 am »

You want to know what else is preposterous?
BUMP
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2010, 05:27:15 pm »

OK, last bump I SWEAR

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2010, 10:12:36 pm »

I'm afraid I have to go overseas for a while and won't be able to get internet access for about a month so here goes:

Hillburra grew tired of the world and the petty bickering of it's inhabitants, why couldn't they just roam and eat as it had been in the olden times? They made everything so much more complex than it needed to be. Hillburra blamed the other gods for this, because their other agendas always interfered with the feasting time of their creations. To fix this problem Hillburra took drastic action, so drastic that the sheer exertion of power drained Him to a quiet husk of a God.

Things struggle to eat those things bigger than themselves, so why not just let the biggest thing eat everything else and be done with it. Hillburra awakens the rocky planet he vomited up and placed life on so long ago and speaks to it's very core. "Hello planet, I am your creator and know that I love you - but there is one task you must complete and then you will be forever happy. You must devour yourself, wholly and completely, no other creation has ever been able to do this before but to you I have granted the power. Do this one task and you shall never have worries or annoyances, grief or woe ever again."

Hillburra makes the planet of life sentient and hungry.
Hillburra makes the planet of life suicidal and auto-cannibalistic.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2010, 10:41:54 pm »

Too bad the planet doesn't have a mouth, or anything like that.
You could have just retired instead of attempting to destroy everything we've been doing.
EDIT: Also, how is auto-cannibalism even possible?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:49:00 pm by 100killer9 »

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2010, 10:53:00 pm »

Personally I think it's great he's screwin up all our plans. Puts a nice new spin on things   ;D ;D
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:14 pm »

Well, the dragons were an interesting diversion. But the entire planet collapsing upon itself is completely unstoppable.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2010, 11:08:18 pm »

Exactly.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2010, 11:12:23 pm »

Well, if the planet really DID eat itself (I was just about to do that when my cats were destroyed), I'd have to top that and eat the sun myself.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:37 pm »

Or you could just eat the existance and set us right back to square one with just the void.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2010, 11:36:42 pm »

Or, I could eat the void itself.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:20 am »

So much for that then. I don't think rubberduck is going to want to continue much further with this, unless a new god gets to cycle in and does something really spectacular. Lifeboat time, I suppose.

===   ===   ===

Geb hits the divine Big Red Button concealed on one wall of the Islands of Discomfort. The power of the cavern changes and expands, now a direct extension of the lizard god's will. Genre inappropriate sirens sound throughout the holy waters, their meaning lost on the naga, but pleasing their god, as the power takes effect.

With a titanic rumbling and shaking that goes entirely unnoticed among the apocalyptic chaos, the Islands of Discomfort tear free of the rock around them, no longer a cavern, becoming a vast hovering cage of metal pillars surrounded by a still greater bubble of water.

Shining beams of divine radiance to mimic searchlights,  The Islands fly fast through the atmosphere of the doomed world, seeking survivors and plucking as many as it can into itself with tentacles of water, but soon forced to flee to avoid becoming part of the planet's meal.

As it leaves the dying world never to return, Geb renames his home The Blue, and pilots the escaping sea out towards the furthest stars.

Geb turns The Islands of Discomfort into The Blue, an escape ship.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2010, 06:48:36 am »

oi what a mess... well, I did enjoy this for what it was. Sorry to see it go if this is how everything ends.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2010, 06:54:50 am »

Jakore stiffens for a moment in flight, as if paralyzed, but then changes course again. Landing on top of the mountain region which holds the dwarven hold of ZuntŚrbom, the dragon begins to dig its cave. Dwarves flee through the underground roads, but the majority of the inhabitants die, including the local chapter of the Order of Axes, and the entire military garrison, which try to hold off the dragon. A huge hole in the ground is all that remains of the mountains, beneath which is a magma-filled cave the size of the entire mountain chain above. Above the magma, Jakore has set up its hoard, small comparable to the dragon's size, but holding all the riches of an entire dwarven hold. And a divine axe.

And finally Urist catches up with the dragon. Using the old underground road from Estonsulus, she finds herself standing at a precipice. Far, far below the magma bubbles and occasionally sloshes with the great dragon's movements. Urist knows that she has changed on her journey. She is stronger, smarter and tougher than she ever was. But looking down at the beast, the size of several mountains, she can't help but feel apprehensive. Again.

Behind her, Iwo closes his eyes. Though a new magic has been opened to him and the rest of elfkind, that does not use blood, he finds himself more comfortable with the blood magic, and with the staff he can accomplish many minor effects without serious strain. And only he could really call them minor. Opening his eyes again, he steps up besides Urist.

"That is the dragon you intend to kill?" he asks rhetorically, and then continues "I do not intend to help you kill it, as that is your wish. But I could help you reach it."

Urist looks up at him suspiciously "And how would that be?"

"Like this." Iwo replies, and pushes her off the ledge. For a few moment, falling through the air, Urist curses all elfkind, and herself for trusting one. Then she finds that she is not as much falling, as flying. Shifting her weight slightly, she finds herself in controls of her airborn movements, and soon is soaring towards the great dragon Jakore the Bringer of Flames.

The following fight was epic, but short. The tiny gnat of Urist, dodging and weaving in the air, slipping between claws the size of houses, and avoiding a blast of fire with a heat that melted rock. In the end, she reached the great dragon's head, and tore into one eye. Hammering and rupturing with her war hammer, she entered through the eye, and into the brain cavity itself, where she wrecked further havoc and the dragon's brain. In the end, Urist emerged, gore-soaked and victorious, and claimed the Axe of Beanchubbs. But at the same moment that Urist grabs the axe, the entire cave begins to shake.

For Hillburra has awakened the planet itself, and bestowed it his hunger. The planet begins to devour itself, and all upon it. Panic, disbelief and terror surges across the planet. The intelligent races look to the skies, and plead for their deities to save them.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay, we are going to abandon the usual course of events for this one. Every god now has two ACTs. After those eight ACTs has been used, the planet will be destroyed. You cannot keep the planet from being destroyed, though you can save pieces of it. So you can use those ACTs to save stuff you want saved, and/or create new stuff. Geb has used one ACT to make Blue into the escape ship.

And remember, your races don't need to breath, eat or drink, since nobody has actually gotten around to making them require that.

Since Hillburra is retiring, we also need a new deity. So is Eztuzt/Bal still here? Untelligent/Blind Io? Djohaal?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:56:29 am by rubberduck »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2010, 08:35:08 am »

100killer9 saw that he had two acts. He needed three to accomplish his great feat. He was supposed to be THE FIRST to invent space travel. He sighed, and thought something up.
Let's see. His crystal didn't need an atmosphere, it didn't have to be launched by cats themselves... But he wanted the guardian naga safe. The crystal needed one escape that would lift off in one act.
"First things first," he said. He took the cats, dwarves, and naga with his mind and used telekinesis to put them all inside the inner chambers.
100killer9 stores his followers inside the crystal.
Then, he does something drastic. He changes the gravity core, so that it strongly repels the dying planet while remaining upright. It wouldn't repel anything else, and would still give off gravity once in space.
100killer9 changes the gravity core to repel the planet.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2010, 10:19:49 am »

I'd like to be on the waiting list.

Org is a god of war, mountains, axes, and fortresses. He usually takes the shape of a warrior.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25