Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: God Game  (Read 28103 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Game
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2010, 07:33:06 am »

Can't post an act regardless. I'm out. I'm safe, right?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2010, 07:59:26 am »

Until Monday at least :)

But, ya, I ain't gonna demand ACTs from people that doesn't have any.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2010, 12:09:11 pm »

Guh, mail notification failure. I hadn't seen that there were new posts in here in the last few days. The forum sent out the mail, but nothing on this end showed new mail. Oopse.

-------

Geb ignores the group who had kidnapped the elf healer, refusing to speak to them on their return except to say that they would be welcome back as worshippers if they tried to put right the damage they had done.

To the rest of those who still visit the temple he tells of a small asteroid nearby where they will find a colony of tiny gecko-like lizards with very useful abilities. Whenever one of them hears a lie, its eyes will flash red and it will hiss.

Geb creates a species of lie detector lizards.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2010, 11:36:43 am »

Greenleaf hears the pious calls of his human worshipers. Hard pressed to come up with a solution he decides to eliminate the problem all together.

In a blink of an eye, an uninhabited area near his temple and the druids switches places with the home of the humans. The monkey god explains that the humans are given a chance to prove themselves by allying with the druids and joining in his crusade of balance. If they refuse this offer, they will surely be destroyed.

Greenleaf transposes all of the remaining humans to land near his temple.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:04 am »

*nudges this onward*

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:42 am »

And 100killer9 makes the crystal of the cathedral emanate psychic energy, and the faithful begin training in the psionic arts.

And Geb creates the lie detector lizards. Their use quickly spread to the belters, where it is used by merchants and judges alike. A few are also traded to their trading partners, to dwarven judges and elven chieftains.

Worshippers continue to turn from Geb, including those who had kidnapped the elven shaman. Most of these either stop praying to any god, or turn to a dualistic worship of Greenleaf and Beanchubbs, seeing them as the two sides of civilization; peace and war, nature and industry. The leadership of the belters seek the kidnappers, fearing that the kidnapping might worsen the relationship between belters and native elves, which is already shaky due to the Solar Navy's unwillingness to get involved in the war again. The shaman is still in captivity, however. A couple of thaumaturges has kept his elemental magic in check, and a couple of traders that know his elven dialect are attempting to convince the elf to help. The elf, however, refuses to even speak.

And Greenleaf rescues the humans, and tells them of their new call, and the humans are more than happy to comply. Brandishing their weapons of wood and stone, they prepare to march to the north, to assist. The druids that remain at the temple, begin fashioning better weapons, using the elven tree magic. Though the humans are reluctant at first, they soon accept the druids as allies in Greenleaf's name, and accept the weapons.

A lot of human children still remain with the elves, which see the removal of the humans as an act of Greenleaf. With the human threat removed, they turn in earnest to the training of the human children.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Org and Beanchubbs must post an ACT before my next post, or be lost to paradox.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »

Org looks back upon his creation. He sees them pounding in the deeps, toiling away, looking for gem and ore. Gnomes have more purpose than this! Org instills them with an engineering mind, thinking and analyzing, inventing and innovating.

Org gives the Gnomes the skill of engineering and inventing.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2010, 04:40:46 pm »

((How close is the crystal to the sphere?))
100killer9 sees his wonderful army, and is pleased. However, a new weapon, symbolizing his army was needed.
"Followers," said 100killer9, "We might not win our battles through psionics and axes alone. No, I believe it is time for a new weapon. I have a design for one, and it is reproducable. First, you must make a hollow cylindrical piece of pink crystal with an opening on one end," said 100killer9, doing the same with his body, "And then you must put a handle on the side." He did this too. "It is finished. You just need to load it. First, put a small piece of blue crystal in the opening," 100killer9 did this as well as he said it, " And put in a conical piece of pink crystal." 100killer9 did this. "Now, with both in there, aim the cylinder at a target, and blow up the blue crystal, and..." 100killer9 aimed his model at a wall, and the crystal cone stuck in the wall a bit. He absorbed his model back into his body. "I call it the Cystala, and I would like some to be trained in it."
100killer9 demonstrates the Cystala to his followers.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:48 pm »

Bumpeth the II

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 23, 2010, 09:03:15 pm »

Indeed

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 24, 2010, 01:01:59 pm »

Geb seeks the kidnapped elven healer and sends him a vision, the elf's body being surrounded by an aura of light as the lizard appears in his mind to offer reparations. He makes a simple offer: if the elf will agree to stay and heal the Belters, he will use his powers for the benefit of his tribe for a time. As a gesture of good will, the divine reptile shows the healer further visions as he creates a small fleet of windcraft similar to those the Ashlecs use by the healer's home settlement.

Geb creates some windcraft for Greenleaf's elves.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 24, 2010, 11:00:28 pm »

Saving my current act to have two to work with after the update. But I second or third I suppose, the bump :)

Kinda sad to see that BC hasn't posted. :( he was a good opposite to play against.

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2010, 03:32:03 am »

It's been over ten days since Beanchubbs posted now. I think it's safe to say we've lost him.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2010, 07:03:51 am »

Any chance I can be reinstated now that I'm back in country or do you guys want fresh blood for Beanchubbs place?
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 27, 2010, 07:26:23 am »

I just noticed this. Looks awesome - I'd like to join if room is available. I'm reading the backscrolls and so on, so if there is a waiting list, please add me to it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25