Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Captured skeletal giant eagle  (Read 2199 times)

Kylmis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Captured skeletal giant eagle
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:31:05 pm »

Recently in my fort I somehow managed to capture the menace of the area, a named giant skeletal eagle which killed five or so of my dwarves. Now it sits in a cage in my animal storage area. I was just wondering if there are any really good/fun uses for one of these things.

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Captured skeletal giant eagle
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

Build an atrium for it with perches and what not, build a double door air-lock and release gobblin prisoners into it (unclothed of course) and watch as the eagle's home becomes a haven of death and miasma.
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:32:12 pm »

But remember that it's a undead, so it cannot be tamed and has [buildingdestroyer]. And it flies. So keep plenty of cage traps around.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:29 pm »

But remember that it's a undead, so it cannot be tamed and has [buildingdestroyer]. And it flies. So keep plenty of cage traps around.

This will end well ...
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:24:37 pm »

Build a contained arena with an airlock antrance and allow it to fly free within. Then send in dwarves who are not worthy to meet their fate at the hands of Nounverbed!

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 04:35:08 pm »

Well it can't be tamed since it's already killed dwarfs too, right?

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 04:52:14 pm »

Tell nobles to go pull a very important lever conveniently located in the eagles atrium.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:57:24 pm »

I second the atrium idea. Put gem windows on the top z-level of the atrium so it's like a satanic, underground sacrificial pit.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »

Release it back into the wild once you have enough migrants. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »

Similarly, I recently captured a titan in a cage, and am now at a loss as to what to do with the guy. If I construct his cage in a meeting hall, will he terrify or delight the dwarves? And since he doesn't seem to have the [buildingdestroyer] tag, does that mean that he's safer to have around that your eagle?
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 09:05:37 pm »

Delight.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 10:05:21 pm »

Similarly, I recently captured a titan in a cage, and am now at a loss as to what to do with the guy. If I construct his cage in a meeting hall, will he terrify or delight the dwarves? And since he doesn't seem to have the [buildingdestroyer] tag, does that mean that he's safer to have around that your eagle?
If he's caged, they'll be happy. Lack of buildingdestroyer makes him pretty safe to imprison in a more elaborate manner (though your dwarves will be scared if they see him out of a cage). His inability to fly is significant in this too.

Kylmis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 12:08:51 am »

I read from dwarf fortress wiki that building destroyers can't destroy artifact buildings and I happen to have one artifact door lying about. This would make it easier to contain if it's true.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 02:19:17 am »

I read from dwarf fortress wiki that building destroyers can't destroy artifact buildings and I happen to have one artifact door lying about. This would make it easier to contain if it's true.

If this is true, This makes artifact buildings much, much more awesome. (CMOOOOON ARTIFACT BAUXITE FLOODGATE!!!)

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 03:34:17 am »

You can use the artifact door to block the door entrance so invaders can go in or break it. The trolls can stand there looking at the door for ages...

Troll: ooooooooo...door britiful
*gets shot in the head with a bolt*
urist marksdwarf: hehe stupid troll

Not really funny but meh.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false
Pages: [1] 2