Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2816798 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2010, 10:12:40 am »

I am been playing this game for a while and I am just wondering but: How do you increase your ship production rate? I know that you can research it, but is there any other way?

More slipways/shipyards...

And/or build smaller ships...  Its hard to resist going big...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2010, 11:07:53 am »

I am been playing this game for a while and I am just wondering but: How do you increase your ship production rate? I know that you can research it, but is there any other way?

I am talking about the actual BP per year rating, not the actual mass producing of the ships. I know there is research. I am still going to try out more slipways to see if that does increase that speed.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2010, 11:35:48 am »

It's these kinds of moments that keep you on the edge of your seat.  Thats 54 enemy contacts. Precursor gunboats I believe. Vs somewhere around 200 missiles of various sizes, all spread out targetingwise to hit all 54 enemy ships.  Here's hoping.

EDIT: Hm.  The missiles are tearing them apart, and they are streaming fluid so they aren't precursors.  But the missiles appear to be tearing them apart due to a bug.  "Error in PointBlankPDFire: Error 5 was generated by Aurora, Invalid procedure call or argument" every time my missiles hit one of them.  I'm guessing that means their PD isn't working right.

PS. I think increasing the size of the slipways increases the working speed of the dock slightly. Larger docks have more output I remember reading. But it's more economical to just add slipways, same time to build, but you get 2 or 3 in that time instead of 1.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:55:29 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2010, 12:25:34 pm »

Well, it's apparently a search where the goggles actually do something.

Great, people posting the nitty-gritty details of ship building makes me sad. That's my favorite part of games.

Are you using linux or erm *cough* mac?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2010, 05:53:04 pm »

I am talking about the actual BP per year rating, not the actual mass producing of the ships. I know there is research. I am still going to try out more slipways to see if that does increase that speed.
I'm well aware of that.  Though... in hindsight... the governator and the sector governator with shipyard building bonus should add to the shipyard building speed...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Magnnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2010, 06:05:36 pm »

Interesting fact, this thread has gained more posts in two and a half weeks than the aurora section of the aurora forums has in a little over three years... I counted.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2010, 06:18:51 pm »

Interesting fact, after the first 48-72 hours after this thread was posted... it was already around page 40 with default forum settings.

Its died down after I jumped in.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2010, 06:23:48 pm »

Well as awesome as it is, Aurora isn't nearly as (relatively)well known as Dwarf Fortress is.  Steve even commented on the big influx of posters coming from other boards suddenly, and even mentioned Bay12 by name.

Steve even posted here a few times... then we...uh...kinda drove him off somehow.  Not our best moment I guess.

And the massive number of posts is probably from folks asking how the hell to play.  Sorta like how it is here on the gameplay questions when a new version comes out or DF gets some big press.  Now that most folks have the gist of it theres fewer questions.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:30:33 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 23, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »

This is a lot to take in.

I've managed to get a game going though.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 23, 2010, 06:40:51 pm »

Steve even posted here a few times... then we...uh...kinda drove him off somehow.  Not our best moment I guess.
He showed up and was a condescending dick to everyone, then ragequit because only most of the posts were praising aurora.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 23, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »

He showed up and was a condescending dick to everyone, then ragequit because only most of the posts were praising aurora.
Actually, through latter half of that it was mostly you and other people being a total dick to steve. In return he was a 'dick'. Give me a quote of him being a condescending dick, he quitted because everyone complained about aurora after saying..Stuff. My point is, your argument is moot now because you've proved yourself as a newb flamer.

LostEnder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 23, 2010, 08:06:35 pm »

Sorry to interrupt the impending flamewar about the earlier flamewar, but v4.9 is out now, with apparent fixes to most of the major causes of the NPR events breaking into your time steps.  It'll still happen because of the way the AI works, but there were some loops like NPR races trying to raise shields in a nebula that are supposed to be fixed.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 23, 2010, 08:58:23 pm »

Actually, through latter half of that it was mostly you and other people being a total dick to steve. In return he was a 'dick'. Give me a quote of him being a condescending dick, he quitted because everyone complained about aurora after saying..Stuff. My point is, your argument is moot now because you've proved yourself as a newb flamer.
Actually, I said nothing about his behaviour until he threw his little fit and left. I don't think anyone even addressed him until then. He ragequit over people complaining about how backwards the install process was, insulting all of us in the process, and ignoring the shitloads of praise. And was condescending in just about every post he made.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:01:43 pm by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 23, 2010, 09:01:02 pm »

Actually, I said nothing about his behaviour until he threw his little fit and left. I don't think anyone even addressed him until then. He ragequit over people complaining about how backwards the install process was, insulting all of us in the process, and ignoring the shitloads of praise. And was condescending in every post he made.

Lets talk about the game rather than the creator, what's done is done. Let's drop it now.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 23, 2010, 09:15:08 pm »

Sorry to interrupt the impending flamewar about the earlier flamewar, but v4.9 is out now, with apparent fixes to most of the major causes of the NPR events breaking into your time steps.  It'll still happen because of the way the AI works, but there were some loops like NPR races trying to raise shields in a nebula that are supposed to be fixed.

Actually from some inside info 4.91 is going to be released in about a day and will fix most bugs like error 5.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 1347