Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2817821 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2010, 11:29:19 pm »

Anyone know how to disable Automated Turns breakage for New Officers/More experienced officers? It happens to me all the time and it's the only thing ruining my automated turns from continuing.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2010, 11:31:43 pm »

I just know that eventually I'm going to come across mysterious black ships with strange force shields and strong sensor jamming technology.  Then I'm going to team up with my so far greatest enemy and destroy the black ship superdestroyer with a desperate last ditch bombing run in subspace as it is on on the final jump to my homeworld.

That sounds familiar...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:19 pm »

Ten years in now and I've managed to create a system of jump gates spanning 22 systems :).
With or without cheats? I wouldn't blame ya though. It does take quite a long time ingame, if your not solely headset on exploration.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2010, 11:40:30 pm »

Speaking of which, found an "Abandoned installation" On Alpha Centauri III, dare I disturb it?

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2010, 11:42:12 pm »

I just found an alien jump gate.  And... it leads to an empty system.  Literally, just the star and a jump gate back.  How disappointing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2010, 11:42:58 pm »

I just know that eventually I'm going to come across mysterious black ships with strange force shields and strong sensor jamming technology.  Then I'm going to team up with my so far greatest enemy and destroy the black ship superdestroyer with a desperate last ditch bombing run in subspace as it is on on the final jump to my homeworld.

That sounds familiar...

If you're really lucky, you'll have to sit there and watch the enemy flagship destroy your flagship in a protracted battle you can't win.

Then a few minutes later, you have another seemingly unwinnable battle where you have to protect a comm station.  Eventually your greatest enemy shows up and tells you they've got this taken care of and you can go ahead and jump out, but when you do you fail the mission.

I'm talking about A Failure To Communicate, of course, and it took me months to do that mission.  I was only like 10.
Shoes...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2010, 11:45:54 pm »

I took the conventional start and while I research crap you guys are taking all the fun.

This pisses me out, that's why I'm going to destroy the whole universe.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm kidding, I've got a damn headache.
How do dwarves "hyperskip" them anyway?...
Back to playing.

--

This is the second day of this thread, right?
Look at how many pages..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:50:07 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

LostEnder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2010, 11:57:57 pm »

If you look at it a little closer, there is a field on the research tab with a recommended value for starting RP. and there is a similar value for your initial ship loadout.  Thus, imo, the initial instant research and fast OB as put forth in the tutorial aren't cheating, but more like DF's "prepare carefully" embark option.  IF you really want to, there is an option to allow the game to generate your starting tech and designs, but I haven't tried that.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:35 am »

Anyone know how to positively affect political stability?
!!&!!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2010, 12:21:04 am »

Certain Civil Administrators get boosts to it. Other than that I don't know.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2010, 12:42:40 am »

How do you improve Industrial Capacity?
I try to build it in industry menu with no success ._.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2010, 12:51:07 am »

Gonna do a long AAR for my let's play tomorrow, long story short I made first contact, and first contact involved me receiving a gift of incoming missile fire warnings, so I ordered my ship the hell out of that system.

Yay, it's only one jump away from Sol -___-

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2010, 12:56:22 am »

How do you improve Industrial Capacity?
I try to build it in industry menu with no success ._.

You can only build it if you already have industrial capacity. Otherwise, you must ship it from a planet that already has it to one that doesn't.
!!&!!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2010, 12:58:10 am »

Weird. Actually it's on Earth, and it appears as "Queue" when I order it to build ind. cap.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2010, 01:00:36 am »

In that case, you already have 100 percent of your production dedicated to producing other things.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1347