Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814165 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19650 on: April 20, 2020, 03:16:35 pm »

I asked this same question on the forum but I was wondering if any of you may also know:

"I know you're able to click-drag most stuff now, but is there a way to mass select a certain number of, say, box launchers? I have a ship with 100 box launchers, but I want that ship to be able to launch as many launchers per volley as I choose, say 20. Is there a way to select 20 box launchers and then click drag them onto the fire control, or would I have to click drag 20 individual box launchers onto the fire control?"

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: April 20, 2020, 07:28:22 pm »

I asked this same question on the forum but I was wondering if any of you may also know:

"I know you're able to click-drag most stuff now, but is there a way to mass select a certain number of, say, box launchers? I have a ship with 100 box launchers, but I want that ship to be able to launch as many launchers per volley as I choose, say 20. Is there a way to select 20 box launchers and then click drag them onto the fire control, or would I have to click drag 20 individual box launchers onto the fire control?"

There's the auto-assign button, but in general I have found the combat UI lacking in many ways.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: April 20, 2020, 07:32:06 pm »

There's the auto-assign button, but in general I have found the combat UI lacking in many ways.

Yeah, but the problem is that the auto-assign button assigns all 100 launchers, which means if I were to target someone and fire, all 100 missiles would be fired, which is not what I want. Honestly, I prefer the VB6 layout in this regard, because I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do. Not to say C# is worse, quite the contrary. Hopefully though, this'll be something that improves as Steve finishes up with most of the bugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: April 20, 2020, 07:54:54 pm »

A "set salvo size and fire rate" option is what we really need. I've been planning to suggest that once we get through the bugs.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: April 22, 2020, 08:24:25 pm »

Anyone know if it's possible to change the width of certain columns in C#? I keep having the completion date cut off and it would be nice to fix that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: April 22, 2020, 09:05:53 pm »

Anyone know if it's possible to change the width of certain columns in C#? I keep having the completion date cut off and it would be nice to fix that.

This can be fixed by changing the "long date format" in your Date/Time settings. Not sure about older Windows versions, but in Windows 10 this can be accomplished by right-clicking the clock on the taskbar->Adjust Date/Time, then clicking on Date, Time, & Regional Formatting under "related settings", then Change Data Formats under Regional Format Data. The one you want to change is Long Date; change it to one that doesn't have the day of the week in it.

As far as  I know, fixing it so that isn't necessary isn't at the top of Steve's priority list.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: April 22, 2020, 09:11:21 pm »

The settings I gave here should work. They're not necessarily the only settings that will work, of course.

for some reason I can't resize the completion date bracket in the research screen.

Aurora pulls the date from Windows, so you can eliminate this problem by changing the Windows display setting. In the Date And Time Settings, click "Change Date And Time Formats" and set the Short Date to M/d/yyyy and long date to MMMM d, yyyy. You should now see the completion date for all tasks, and probably won't notice differences anywhere else.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19657 on: April 22, 2020, 09:15:45 pm »

...and I think I know what Lord Shonus's signature text is going to be.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: April 23, 2020, 12:56:52 am »

Lol, glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem.

Only other problem I have is how you can open multiple windows of the same screen. With the event window turn buttons gone I keep opening events after turning on auto turns and then I eventually have to exit out of 10 windows. I'm not missing a hotkey, am I?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: April 23, 2020, 01:30:44 am »

Lol, glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem.

Only other problem I have is how you can open multiple windows of the same screen. With the event window turn buttons gone I keep opening events after turning on auto turns and then I eventually have to exit out of 10 windows. I'm not missing a hotkey, am I?

This is an issue unlikely to be addressed by Steve in the near future. Below is a link to the UI mod which has a config option to fix this issue, as well as allowing for legible text and resizeable windows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora4x_mods/comments/g5nygw/mod_auroramod_18x/

I am currently playing an Samurai Jack inspired campaign, taking place just after Jack's fall into the time portal, where I play as Aku slowly taking over earth. Conventional start at year 1 of Aku's calendar, general theme of darkness and evil, and I can use forced labor camps without breaking tone. I just wish I could come up with a naming theme for systems and classes that stayed true to the show, but I ended up using demon naming themes for systems and classes, and Japanese for individuals.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:33:25 am by Salmeuk »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: April 23, 2020, 04:54:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Aku would name the first near-Earth habitability world...Aku.  And he would name the second near-Earth habitability world...Aku.  And you get the point.

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: April 23, 2020, 09:00:08 pm »

Mods are great.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: April 23, 2020, 09:19:42 pm »

Mods are great.

One issue I've noticed is that with alternate fonts, even at default or smaller text size, there are a few places where the text leaves the confines of the window and cannot be read. An example is in the 'display' selection window in your screenshot. So I've mostly stuck to default text, which is fine once the proper coloring has been applied.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: April 23, 2020, 09:30:12 pm »

snip
Mods are great.

I am absolutely disgusted. Not by your use of mods, but by your choice in color scheme and font.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: April 23, 2020, 09:48:49 pm »

More QoL stuff at last.

Kinda wonder if anyone's gonna make some sort of DFHack-type utility, which might be kosher since they aren't actually mods - If there's anything useful to be done.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 1347