Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2811388 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #16080 on: March 08, 2015, 02:36:50 am »

Eeh. "Soon" is relative nearly as much as it is for Valve. There's not much point waiting, since it could be months yet.

I found a bug, If a task group is sent to "Land on assigned mothership" but contains ships that aren't assigned to that mothership, those ships will vanish after the rest of the task group lands and gets added to the motherships group.
Hm. Do they reappear if you launch? Are they still visible in your Ships window? Or is it literal and total deletion from the game?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: March 08, 2015, 03:29:21 am »

Gone from the unit list, not in any task groups, doesn't return when I launch the squadron again. However when I SM spawn in a new carrier it's named "Fletcher 03" when the last one was "Fletcher 02".
When you delete a task group containing ships you get a warning about the ships within it being deleted, obviously it works the same way for landing, you just don't get the warning.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: March 08, 2015, 06:27:03 pm »

I made my first survey ship and went to the moon.

My start (very first one, no reloading or anything like that) ended up with earth having TONS of minerals, like 80k plus for the least ones (2 of them) and up to 200k for a couple others. The moon doesn't have that great of things, a couple 1.8 million minerals that I guess is okay as they were the ones at 80k on earth

Kinda following a video series on it a bit, to learn how the game works and what not. Mostly been doing my own thing, which happens to be going WTF do I do rofl.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: March 08, 2015, 06:30:40 pm »

Earth has the "homeworld" minerals, that means it will always have all 11 minerals, all at least wich acceptable accessability. But not that many, so you will be forced to move on sooner rather than later.
And while 200.000 may sound much, 200.000t of Duranium can be gone quicker than you might like.
My nemesis is Gallicite though, I always struggle to get enough if that stuff.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: March 08, 2015, 06:38:32 pm »

Earth has the "homeworld" minerals, that means it will always have all 11 minerals, all at least wich acceptable accessability. But not that many, so you will be forced to move on sooner rather than later.
And while 200.000 may sound much, 200.000t of Duranium can be gone quicker than you might like.
My nemesis is Gallicite though, I always struggle to get enough if that stuff.

ah, cause the videos I've been watching (they were from 2014, so maybe it changed or guy was unlucky) he had 30k on average and was really really bad for resources lol. Thought I got lucky or something :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: March 08, 2015, 06:40:11 pm »

I think it should have been more than that.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: March 08, 2015, 08:19:31 pm »

The homeworld base resource amount was increased in a recent patch.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: March 08, 2015, 08:22:07 pm »

Yeah, you used to see stuff at those levels sometimes.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:04 pm »

So...I landed a carrier in a hangar PDC, and now my fighters are gone?
Is that normal aka a known bug?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: March 10, 2015, 12:21:26 am »

That's an interesting one, were the fighters in the carrier when it landed?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: March 10, 2015, 03:08:30 am »

Yes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: March 13, 2015, 01:23:44 pm »

Hmm....might have something to with being inside a container inside a container.
I've never encountered that one because I've honestly never thought of building a PDC to store capital ships in. That thing must be massive.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #16092 on: March 13, 2015, 01:54:03 pm »

What manner did you land them? Via orders "Land an assign" etc, or via the individual ship menu? I find the latter to be more reliable in not losing vessels to the Aether on a general-case basis.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16093 on: March 14, 2015, 12:43:03 pm »

Just to check, you are using the most recent version, yes? A number of issues with ships vanishing when executing docking orders were addressed at one point a year or two back. I think I recall docked fighters disappearing when the carrier docked being one of the issues that came up at that time.

If you are using the latest version and can replicate the issue, post a bug report over on the Aurora forums in the bug report thread. Or even if you can't replicate it to let him know it is still an issue.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: March 16, 2015, 07:55:52 pm »

One of the little 100% difficulty NPRs I accidentally generated early in this campaign before turning it off ran into troubles. I've just spent about four years auto-turning through its fight with Swarm. At one point I popped over in SM mode and saw their situation. They were on a planet orbiting the outer star in a binary pair, and a massive 200+ ship stack of Swarm was slowly creeping towards them from the inner system, leaving behind a trail of lifepods, wrecks, and egg sacs. The NPR was only at ~TL1-2.

Two months ago I stopped getting interrupts.

RIP.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1347