Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2815946 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #13035 on: January 23, 2013, 05:57:40 pm »

Huh, I just encountered a bug with Terraforming that I'm not able to reproduce by doing so on another body.

I was terraforming Luna with a group of Terraformers at a rate of 0.1514. Which felt really really low to me. Well, I then moved the group to Mars and the rate jumped to 0.998...

Has anyone else had this happen before? For reference, what I did was station the first terraformers over Luna, then sent each new group to join with the first after splitting them from the Shipyards group.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13036 on: January 23, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »

Thats a long running bug. Sometimes when sending a ship with join orders to a taskgroup at a colony where both taskgroups contain ships that effect the colony, ie terrafoming modules/maitainance modules/asteroid miners/etc, the ships that are arriving do not get their active modules correctly added to the effective total of modules at the colony. Unfortunately Steve hasn't been able to track down what causes it so far, due to it happening so randomly.

In order to avoid it, always give ships move to orders before queueing a join order.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: January 24, 2013, 11:37:47 am »

Does anybody knows how one can select an specif kind of species to be loaded on a colony ship?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: January 24, 2013, 12:32:56 pm »

Hmmm, not sure... maybe select the population of the species you want to transport?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: January 24, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »

There should be separate colonies for different species(e.g. Earth will show up twice in the orders menu if there are two different species living on it), so you'd just select the one you want.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »

Yup. And no mixed-species colonies. So if you gengineer a subspecies of human (like my ubiquitous Hygees), then you'll have

Earth (Human)
Earth (Hygee)

in your destination list. And if you land a batch of Hygees on Pandora (Human), it'll auto-create a new colony of Pandora (Hygee).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:02:07 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: January 24, 2013, 03:25:34 pm »

Thanks guys. I don't even imagine how I passed through Nova Terra-Human and Nova Terra-Martians without ringign any bells.

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:02 pm »

Yup. And no mixed-species colonies. So if you gengineer a subspecies of human (like my ubiquitous Hygees), then you'll have

Earth (Human)
Earth (Hygee)

in your destination list. And if you land a batch of Hygees on Pandora (Human), it'll auto-create a new colony of Pandora (Hygee).

Unfortunately, transfering assets from one colony to another is a pain, and nothing is shared.  So if you want Hygees to use factories, then you've got to either order your freighters to transport them, or ask the civilians to do it.  It would be nice if ground transport between colonies on the same world was possible.

On the bright side, two colonies on the same world can keep the civilian companies occupied for years, which can be useful if you've got nothing better to do.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: January 24, 2013, 06:45:31 pm »

Unfortunately, transfering assets from one colony to another is a pain, and nothing is shared.  So if you want Hygees to use factories, then you've got to either order your freighters to transport them, or ask the civilians to do it.  It would be nice if ground transport between colonies on the same world was possible.

This is the sort of thing that Spacemaster mode is for.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: January 24, 2013, 06:51:07 pm »

Guys do you know how to actually make your orbital bombs hit the planet? I mean, they just stand there being annoying. And is there a way to Collapse or hide CIVILIAN vessels? There's a huge clutter of cyan names on my screen.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: January 24, 2013, 06:53:08 pm »

Hiding civilians: System map>Options to the left>Contacts>Contact Filter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: January 24, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »

You need to target the enemy population or ground forces contacts in the combat window.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: January 24, 2013, 07:31:07 pm »

Also, guys how do you handle constantly transporting mineral production across systems?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: January 24, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

Mass drivers?

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: January 24, 2013, 07:50:18 pm »

Mass drivers?

For interstellar transport, I use small, slow freighters that have a round trip equal to the time it takes the planet/asteroid/whatever to mine enough to fill its cargo hold.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1347