Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2819100 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #11760 on: October 09, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »

1 spare berth for alien chicks the captain picks up ftw!
Psh, gonna need a few dozen at least. Kirk has a thing for them green babes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: October 10, 2012, 12:27:09 am »

Well, apparently I have no idea how to design a guided missile. :P Launched a bunch of these at a star swarm fleet, the initial salvo connected and destroyed their targets, but the rest of the missiles just flew over and sat there in place doing nothing.

Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 2 MSP  (0.1 HS)     Warhead: 5    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 22
Speed: 25000 km/s    Endurance: 50 minutes   Range: 75.0m km
Active Sensor Strength: 0.54   Sensitivity Modifier: 140%
Resolution: 100    Maximum Range vs 5000 ton object (or larger): 750,000 km
Cost Per Missile: 2.9233
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 550%   3k km/s 176%   5k km/s 110%   10k km/s 55%
Materials Required:    1.25x Tritanium   0.54x Uridium   1.2083x Gallicite   Fuel x625

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something extremely obvious here, but it seems that my missiles aren't acquiring new targets as enemy ships come into range. Hmm.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: October 10, 2012, 01:45:07 am »

You're facing the starswarm? The resolution of the active sensor is set to 5,000 tons. I believe that it can still 'see' the 800 ton FAC the swarm uses, but the range to do so may be so short that they always move outside that range every 5 sec.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: October 10, 2012, 02:02:43 am »

As a result of the mineral survey by the Morri Razan Geology Team, the accessibility of Neutronium on Mercury has increased from 1 to 1.

Thanks, guys.

Anyone else find the geology teams to be even more underwhelming than they used to be? This is the 10th planet they've surveyed, and the first one to actually get something. I don't know if it's just luck, or if Steve reduced the effect while he was changing them.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11764 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22:49 am »

It's not so much that they can't find as much but that you now only get new minerals added if the amount found by the team is greater than what is already there. This makes it much better to use survey teams on bodies that your survey ships did not detect any/more than one mineral on, and wait to survey mineral rich worlds until they are almost mined out.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:05 am »

Is there any way to set a player-controlled empire as an NPR? I'm trying to set up a War of the Worlds scenario and it would be convenient to be able to play a few years and then let the AI take over. I saw something about an option for that mentioned on the Aurora forums but not where the option is located, and my searches haven't turned up anything.

Also, while I'm here, what's the deal with the "Load ordnance from colony" order? Whenever I use it it just dumps all of my missiles. I've been manually setting missile stocks for each ship and I know there has to be a better way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:50:00 am by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: October 10, 2012, 07:55:27 am »

Also, while I'm here, what's the deal with the "Load ordnance from colony" order? Whenever I use it it just dumps all of my missiles. I've been manually setting missile stocks for each ship and I know there has to be a better way.
The load ordnance order picks up the ships default ammo load.  You set this from the design screen.  So if it has no default load then it's load order fills it with empty.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11767 on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:52 am »

Is there any way to set a player-controlled empire as an NPR? I'm trying to set up a War of the Worlds scenario and it would be convenient to be able to play a few years and then let the AI take over. I saw something about an option for that mentioned on the Aurora forums but not where the option is located, and my searches haven't turned up anything.

I'm afraid not. For an empire to be computer controlled, it has to be created as such, you can't turn a previously player controlled empire over to the computer. From what I recall when this came up at some point on the aurora forums Steve has said that there is some particular code that gets run on seting up a computer controlled NPR and that it would not work properly trying to run it on a pre-existing empire.

On the class design screen one of the tabs let's you set up the default ammo loadout for the class. If you then use the "load ordanance" commands it will attempt to load up with the specified missiles. If there are insufficient missiles to fill the ship, it will then try and load from other missiles in the series that the missile is part of, if it has been set as part of a missile series on the missile design screen. This lets you load up from stockpiles of older missiles if you manage to burn through your current design's stockpile during a conflict.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: October 10, 2012, 11:34:27 am »

Also note that when you set the default ordinance loadout for your initial OOB, the SMed ships will be created with missiles in their magazines.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11769 on: October 10, 2012, 12:03:11 pm »

Is there a link to the latest patch notes anywhere?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: October 10, 2012, 12:17:34 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: October 10, 2012, 05:02:44 pm »

I put magazines (but no launchers) on my carriers so they will have reloads for their FACs.  However, in the default ordnance load screen for the carriers, there are no missiles listed for me to choose from.  Any ideas what's going on?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11773 on: October 10, 2012, 05:16:25 pm »

On the ordanance tab of the class design screen, select the "ignore size restriction" checkbox. You may need to get it to update by selecting another class and then back to your carrier.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: October 10, 2012, 08:03:32 pm »

Or just throw the largest launcher on it and remove it, it remembers it had a launcher but not that it doesn't have one any more.
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1347